One to get your teeth into genie help requested

Find Bootle friends and family here
lily8

Hi guys I am trying to assist an elderly local couple who are friends of a friend, I have all the information from 1861 onwards but I need anything prior to that. Due to the many different spellings of the surname they are rather elusive I did find many trees on Ancestry.com but I suspect they are not accurate as no source docs.
The gentleman in question is James Patrick Trackson(sic) born circa 1816 at Buckenham Ferry Norfolk (IGI cites a christening 4/2/1816 Father William Trackson and mother Esther (MAYERS or MEARS) and is a user submitted so suspect also) there appears to be two marriages for him. The first in 1838 to Mary Charlotte Palmer listed as Traxton. I am not really interested in this one though, it is the family with his second wife Elizabeth Agnes Hill in 1857 that I am following. Any information prior to 1861 would be most appreciated. Some variants are Traxton Traxson thraxton etc etc. Census prior 1861 would be fantastic.
Lily
Jan

Hi Lily,

This is a tricky one isn't it?

The nearest I could find is in the 1841 in Sheffield, James's occupation is Silk Mercer. If I have the right James in later census, I think he is a draper.

Name: Charlotte Traxton
Estimated birth year: abt 1821
Civil Parish: Sheffield
Hundred: Strafforth and Tickhill (South Division)
County/Island: Yorkshire

Piece: 1337
Book: 1
Folio: 35
Page Number: 22
Household Members:
Name Age
James Traxton 25
Charlotte Traxton 20

Class: HO107; Piece: 1337; Book: 1; Civil Parish: Sheffield; County: Yorkshire; Enumeration District: 2; Folio: 35; Page: 22; Line: 22; GSU roll: 464282

Listed as not born in county.

Jan
Old genealogists never die......they just lose their census.
lily8

Hi Jan and thanks that looks a very likely prospect as later he was a linen and silk merchants then draper, I did a search on the street address from a later census and can now add Tuckson, and Jackson to the list of mis-transcriptions. Slowly but surely getting closer :D
Lily
Thommos sister

Hi Lily just to say I like the name of their son Philange Stanislaus Traxon 1870 to 1956....what a gobful!! T.S
Have you got Elizabeth in 1851 in Church St Ickleton, she's the head of the family, no parents. Young brother Henry is only 4.
lily8

Hi Teens no I hadn't got that far yet so many thanks my wombat mate :D All of the brothers emigrated to Australia and Brothers James and Philange made a lot of money as the Trackson Brothers company in Brisbane. James especially was a very savvy man who studied and qualified as an engineer in Australia, he owned the first automobile in Queensland and his home Sedgley Park was quite something and the venue for many Brisbane social soirees. Those two did extremely well for themselves. Sadly I suspect their Brother Joseph had a far more difficult life (that's the line I am researching for his grandson now in his 80's) and his life appears to have ended in Tatura in 1897. I have sent for a death cert to see if I can unravel further. Please do let me know if you find anything further ta muchly :D
Lily
Thommos sister

Thanks Lily for update, what a marvellous story about the brothers and their success. Yes indeed matey will let you know if I find anymore. Good of you to pay for death cert, well done.. Tina :D Never heard of Tatura, so in the fruit growing area of Vic, Shepparton and Ardmona, you live and learn....