Caroline Selina Dawes

Find Bootle friends and family here
Bill fawcett

Hi, all you brilliant genies on this forum.
I know this is not a Bootle enquiry, but I am at a dead end with my search and I thought someone on here might be able to help. I am trying to trace the family of Caroline Selina Dawes(my maternal great grandmother) She was born in Brighton in 1845 and died in Walton in 1917. On her birth certificate her father was listed as Alfred Dawes(Butcher) and her mother was Mary Dawes formerly Elliot.
I cannot find any trace of the family between her being born, and when she married Thomas Webster in Staffordshire in 1876.
On the marriage certificate Alfred Dawes is listed as a master butcher. I can trace her from her marriage until her death, but before her marriage - nothing. I have a cousin who has been doing the family tree for years, and who has spent a day in Brighton records office trying to trace them without success. I hope someone on this forum will have more success than we have had.
If you need any further information the Fawcett family tree is on Ancestry on public view.

Thanks. Bill
lily8

Hi Bill I have had a look and found a Selina Caroline Dawes birth same date and place but tracing her back is proving difficult. Do you have the actual birth certificate????
Lily
Bill fawcett

Hi lily, thanks for having a look at this. We know only too well how difficult this one is. I do have the birth certificate.
Cheers. Bill
lily8

Thanks for getting back to me Bill the fact that you have an original birth record is good, the only likely marriage I can see was in Battle Sussex 1842 Alfred Lewis Dawes to Mary Mitchell (won't discount this one yet as she may have been previously married) so will try to track them further forward. Out to town now back later.
Lily
Thommos sister

Hi Bill do you have the family in 1891? I'm sure you do. Caroline bn Brighton 1847, Thos bn Alton Staffs 1849, Thos jr 14 Tixall Stafs, Margt 8 Chas 5 both bn Walton on the Hill. Lily I hope this is of help. 1901 I think their birthplaces have been crossed Caroline bn Staffs and Thomas bn Sussex, it's them as Chas is born in Walton. T.S
Bill fawcett

Hi T.S.
Yes I had that information. What I am trying to find out is where she , and her parents Alfred Dawes & Mary Elliot where between Caroline being born in 1847 and being married in 1876. I cannot find any trace of them.
Thanks again
Bill