The Willcox Family from Bootle

Find Bootle friends and family here
billyw

Hello

We are trying to connect with family members who are linked to The Willcox family from Bootle

Our Great Grand parents were Sidney Benjamin Willcox married to Sarah Jane Simpson

They had the following childfren:

Sidney Benjamin Willcox born 1900 - 1961(Worked in Tate & Lyle)

William Herbert Willcox born 1894 - 1965 ( I am named after William ) our Willcox line (Worked in Tate & Lyle). His son Herbert William Willcox (My Father) also worked in Tate & Lyle

Amelia Dorothy Willcox born 1892 - 1963

Sarah Jane Willcox born 1896

Margaret Willcox born 1899 - 1968

Annie Willcox born 1902 - 1992

Thomas Athur Willcox born 1908 -1987

Ada Willcox born 1908 - 1988

Doris Willcox born 1911 - 1994

We are trying to find our cousins who would like to connect with us.

So if you are related or know of people who are related we would be happy to share our research on the Willcox Name which is not originally from Liverpool but from Somerset.

Hope someone can help

Bill Willcox

billcbl2010@gmail.com

Living in Melbourne, Australia but Ive been coming home to visit our mother regularly over the years but who has recently passed away. Our mother was Doris Robina Willcox nee Colebourne/Hardaker and lived in Olivia Street Bootle in her early years.
Elaine Goulding

Bill, did your Mum live at number 136 or 140 Olivia Street?
Elaine

Bianca Street, Bootle - moved to Canada 1982
billyw

Hello Elaine

Mum was brought up by her Grand Mother and she lived in 81 Olivia Street. I visited the house last year with mum but alas Dementia and cancer took her this year at 91

Mum was A Hardaker/Colebourne

Bill Willcox

We used to live in 74 Swifts Lane in Netherton and moved to 19 Harrops Croft on Sefton Estate.
mckenna

MRS Hardaker lived around about number 7o Olivia Street my auntie Ann new her she lived in 69, this was before
the war, number 136 Olivia Street was Mr &MRS Walsh my mother live in134 i was born in 134 in 1928
i can t remember any one of the name of Willcox, George
g mckenna
billyw

Hi George

They used to live at No 3 Heriot Street, West Derby and 81 Olivia Street, Bootle, Lancashire in 1911 and they were still there in 1919.

Our mother was lived there • 81 Olivia Street, Bootle, Liverpool ( Doris Robina Colebourne) mums mother was Margaret Jane Hardaker married to Charles Alexander Colebourn and he was living at 81 Olivia Street, Liverpool in 1919.

Thank you for posting George

Bill Willcox
mckenna

I made a mistake in my last post 136 Olivia Street it should have been Mr& Mrs Watson 138 was Mr &Mrs Butterworth
140 was Mr&Mrs Dean as said all this was before the war 1939 George
g mckenna
bluephil54

Hiya Billy,
I have just seen your Post seeking info about any relatives you may have in the Bootle area,but I was shocked & very deeply saddened to read that your Mum " Dolly" (as I remember Her) has Passed Away this year ! It is a lifetime since you & I have seen each other and so much has happened for both of us no doubt,but I will forever remember your Mum & the happy,great times I spent in your house on the Sefton Estate in the late 60's/early 70's whilst Alan (RIP) & I were best mates. Your Mum took me under Her wing and made me feel so welcome,and boy did we have some laughs to cherish.Alan & I spent many hours listening to music,or just hangin' around outside with other lads (like Mick Brookes,Kenny Hounslea,Frank McShane,Gordon Lloyd & many more,as well as some of the local girls such as the Davidson Twins,Sandra & Lilian who lived just a few doors away from yours. Your Mum always said I had a "warped sense of humour".....so did your Sister,Doll......maybe they knew something eh mate ? Those times were such Happy Times for Me,and I always wish that I could go back to them days and spend more time in the company of special people....such as Your Mum. Nobody can ever take away my Special Memories of my time spent with your Mum,and indeed Alan,Les,Doll & yourself.........Very Special Memories of a Very Special Lady (Goodnight & God Bless....RIP x )
Take Care & Be Good Bill
Your old Family Friend
Phil O'Grady
Born St.Christophers Ave,Ford,then St Aidans Way Netherton/Netherton Moss Primary/Bootle Grammar School 1965