Christy Seagraves

Find Bootle friends and family here
Bootle Lad

Does anyone have his address or email. My mate Dava Mac who went to school with him at St Joan's would like to get in touch with him
cheers
Ray
Arrived in New Zealand in 1964 to get away from the cold winters of the early 60's. Now residing in Pakuranga, Auckland.
Thommos sister

Dava Mac, can you give more details please especially surname and first name.
Tks
T.S
Bootle Lad

Hi T
Myles David McDonnell, formerly Rimrose Rd Bootle
Now lives in Otaki NZ
As boys Chris lived on the corner of Byron St and Peel Rd
Cheers
Ray
Arrived in New Zealand in 1964 to get away from the cold winters of the early 60's. Now residing in Pakuranga, Auckland.
lily8

Ray :D

It looks like this gent is on facebook perhaps try there as a start?
Lily
Bootle Lad

Will do, Thanks Lily
Ray
lily8

Hi Ray it looks like we may have read this incorrectly who is it you are looking for Myles Mac or Christy Seagraves??????
Lily
Bootle Lad

Hi Lily
Looking to get in touch with Christy I see David regularly here in NZ
Ray
bjones

Morning Raymundo,
Seagraves rings a bell. did his family have the shop on the corner of Byron?
Anyway, just had a little mooch and if Chrissie is Christopher D. who was born 1944 in Ince* then it looks like he married Sarah Hall in Bootle in 1963. Does that all fit?
Checked Census and Electoral searches that are readily available but nothing showing.
Only "child" I've been able to find who could possibly be theirs is Mark Seagraves born Bootle 1968. Someone of that name on Facebook who attended Salesian College, Bootle so if he's Chris' son it looks like they were still in Bootle until at least the late 80s. All supposition of of course but could be a lead for Dava.
Phone Book lists C.Seagraves in Merseyside with one of them in Bootle;

C Seagraves
Tel: (01744) 616838 - Text Number
68 Lyon Clo, St. Helens, WA10 2RE - Map

C Seagraves
Tel: (0151) 286 2518 - Text Number
40 Northfield Rd, Bootle, L20 0AF - Map

C Seagraves
Tel: (0151) 523 5663 - Text Number
36 Stonefont Close, Walton, Liverpool, L9 1FB - Map

(have found other Bootle war babies registered Ince - must be near to a popular evacuation place.)
Bee

"Life" is a gift to you. The way you live your life is your gift to those who come after.
bjones

Just another thought Ray, Ann Mardell lived on the next block and as you know is in touch with many of the old neighbours - do you still have her contact details from your visit home last summer? If not you could try her through this site as she's a member.
B x
Bee

"Life" is a gift to you. The way you live your life is your gift to those who come after.
lily8

Onya Beej well done :D
Lily
Jan

Ray,

Are you sure of the spelling of the surname?

I have sent you a PM

Jan
Old genealogists never die......they just lose their census.
Bootle Lad

Hi Bee and Jan
You are on to it
I am sure we will find him, I will pass this on to Dava, and he will be so pleased. Christy and his brother Ronnie lived on the corner of Byron St and Peel Rd. we used to play ollies in their garden. there was no shop there, the shop was further down Byron St
Cheers
Ray
Bill fawcett

Hi
The Mark Seagraves that Bee mentions is the M.Seagraves that played football for Liverpool, Man.C and Bolton in the 1980s. HIs father is Chris Seagraves & his mother is Sally. They live
In Crosby.Chris plays bowls for The Weld Blundell. I don't know if he was ever known as Christy.

Bill
Bootle Lad

Thanks Bill
Mark and young Chris both played for Liverpool, one of them may have played one game in the first team, we called Chris Christy when we young, I have just given Dava my mate, a phone number of a C Seagraves in Northfield Rd, maybe his son or a relative, I will let everyone know how he goes on. Thanks for all the people on the site for your info
Cheers
Ray
Bill fawcett

Hi Ray
Is this definitely the Christy Seagraves you are looking for. My wife has been friends with
Chris's wife for nearly 50 years. If he is the one you are looking for, I will ring him in the morning and get him to contact you.
Cheers
Bill
Bootle Lad

Thanks Bill
have phoned my mate here and passed all the info on to him. Just waiting for a reply
Thanks Ray