Joe Doran ( Joe Beef)

Find Bootle friends and family here
norma19

Way back in the 60s I worked as a butcher in Strand Road Bootle...I made a very good friend of a Butcher who worked in Dewhursts 2 shops down.
All the time I new him I knew him as Joe (beef).
Joe Lived in Netherton in the Road next to the concrete works.
Joe went to Oz I think 1962...to work as a butcher..im not sure if he went with his girlfriend.
Ive been looking for joe on and off for years...Can anyone help...I know its a hard one but I try

Thanks ....John
Last edited by norma19 on Sat Oct 24, 2015 11:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lily8

Hi John I hope someone can come up with a surname for you, if we get that we can have a look in Aus for you.
Lily
norma19

Hi Lily,
Thats what im hoping for..Thanks for your reply ..Can I keep you updated please Lily...

John
BOBHAMO

Hi john the road is leonard cheshire drive looked back to 1962 but no joe first name
bobhamo
bootle born altcar road
norma19

Hi Bob thanks for that ...just off that road there is if my memory has now been jogged is a culdesac...Called William Henry I think....I must say thanks again Bob ..its good of you..

Regards ....John
scotty

Hi Norma,I think the street he lived on was William Harvey Close.I also knew a butcher from that area called Joe.Sadly I never knew his last name.I worked with him in 1960.All I can tell you about him was that he was an Elvis fanatic.He even dressed and styled his hair like Elvis.One time he persuaded me to cycle to a record shop in Walton Vale to buy him an Elvis record.I think it was "Are you lonesome tonight" I know it's a longshot, but I hope this helps.
Scotty
All gave some
Some gave all
BOBHAMO

There was a Joseph Barnes 10 william harvey
bobhamo
bootle born altcar road
norma19

Hi Bob,
Im having a bit of trouble finding my way around the site.....I have emailed Lily and she has asked me for more details
of Joe.....I cant find the ticket info and all the other info, Can I ask, can you possibly let me have a copy of your email,
Im sorry to trouble you.

Many thanks John
lily8

Just bumping this one up as it seems that the Joseph Barnes arriving in Australia 1964 with wife June and children Anthony, Muriel and Louisa are not the correct family. I have not been able to locate as yet another Joseph Barnes in the Australian National Archives as an immigrant. There is a possibility that Joseph Barnes married in Liverpool in 1961 (public record) to Edith Mcaleer and two possible children Joseph S and Stephen C (public record). Perhaps someone may know them???
Lily
surestart

Theres a Joe Doran also known as Joe Beef in the Bootle/Kirkdale area. I should imagine he would be knocking on a bit but is still known as a proper hardknock