The Surname "Henry John Hendry"

Find Bootle friends and family here
ken b

Hi All, Good to be back on Bootle Times again. This is really going to be a shot in the dark. Subject Henry John Hendry was a Mariner at some stage and arrived in Liverpool from the Shetland Isles.On the 18th December 1887, he married Willemina "Minnie" Sinclair from Unst in he Shetland Isles. She was living at 36, Snowdrops Street, Kirkdale aged 25 years about. Henry John Hendry was living at 25, Chester Street, Kirkdale aged 32. Both fathers and mothers were living with them. Their occupations listed as Fishermen.They had married at St. Mary's Kirkdale in the parish of Walton on the Hill.
In the 1891 England census Henry John Hendry's occupation is listed as Dock Gatemen at Bootle docks. He and Minnie have a 1 year old son John Walker Hendry. They are now living at 94, Benedict Street, Bootle. I will make that all for a couple of days as there is an error that i am going to point out to ancestry Uk. Also i can only type with one finger of my right hand. My left hand the nerves are damaged in my elbow and shoulder and just don't work. Very Best Regards Ken Berry
BOBHAMO

Hi Ken and welcome :D :D :D you dont say
what info you want
bobhamo
bootle born altcar road
42aitch

Hi Ken
It appears that Henry John Hendry died age 40 in the September quarter 1896 in West Derby and his wife went on to re-marry to Alfred Edward Berry at Christ Church, Everton in 1897.
1901 Census shows Alfred Edward Berry and Minnie at 44 Hero Street with children John W, Thomas and Minnie all down as Berry. But they were Henry's children so should be Hendry.
1911 Census shows Minnie at 40 Antonio Street with children John and Thomas Hendry and Alfred Berry.
Thomas Hendry died 11/4/1918 whilst serving with the Scots Guards and is down as the son of Minnie Berry 47 Sidney Road, Bootle. He is on the Bootle Civic Memorial and Bedford Road School.

There are a couple of trees on Ancestry which give further details.

Eileen
Litherland girl with Bootle parents.
ken b

Hi All, Especially BOBHAMO it's a few years since you sent me the photo of Hero Strreet. Which matched with the photo of Minnie I Have. I am hoping to get some more email going tonight,but my shoulder is giving me gip again. Si its a cvase of laying down again. I will give more details as weel. Thank You Lady Aitch for your email as well. Will get the emailed finished by tomorrow night. Regards To One and All. Ken B
ken b

Hi All again,
Well I have a list of all the different houses, my g/d "Pa" lived in with "Minnie". I have copy of Hero Street which Thanks to HAMBO I have the other names which are, 94, Benedict Street,42, Antonio Street, 47, Sydney Street, 44, Hero Street. When "Minnie & Pa" Married they were living in 12, Potter Street, Henry John Hendry and my G/d Alfred Edward Berry were both Dock Gatemen at Bootle Dock.. But in the 1901 he was master of a Tug Alexander Towing, Co, the S S Waterloo. Which as in Langton Dock the night of the 1911 census as my g/d Pa fill ed the form out for the crew.on board. One of the things i am hoping some one might just come up with a photo of Thomas Hendry,School boy class photo.or in his Scots Guards uniform Private 16089 Thomas Hendry. Have one of my dad in his Boy's Brigade Uniform 12th Company. Carrying an army .303 Rifle.Should I send some of the photos of Minnie and Pa. Any idea's about Dock Gatemen. Have looked at all the Scots Guards photos. Biggest problem very few names on thousands of photos. Well that has put me passed My bed time.. So Night Night and God Bless Ken B.
ken b

Hi Again,
Definitely Senior Moments for the last couple of hours. Think this will be the last time for tonight as I am getting a bit of Mersey & Bootle mist in my eyes.
ken b

Hi All,
Just found out that Henry John Hendry Was married before he married my Nan,as on the marriage certificate he is a widower. So will see if it was in Liverpool he was married previously or the Shetland Isles.
Has anyone any ideas if the streets they lived in and hoses are still there and if possible photos. I will reimburse any one that could get photos. Also any ideas about Who dockgateMen would be employed by. Thanks Again Best Regards Ken B
lily8

Hi Ken sorry I can't personally help with photos but every best wish with that, you probably have this information Henry John Hendry birth registered Mid and South Yell S.I. father Thomas Hendry and Ann Johnson. Having done quite a bit of research on Shetland families I had some assistance from the Shetland History Society and through them I came to realise that though Shetlanders wandered far and wide across the world they remained in close touch with family members. It is just a thought but it maybe worth a shot to follow up on family members in the Shetlands as it is a remote possibility that they may have photos.
Lily