ST AUGUSTINE's 1964 to 1968.

Find Bootle friends and family here
the duke

Hi👋. All, Went to St Augustine's , looking for past pupils from that time, in St Monica's before that, got a few name to put down , but will do that next time. Keep Well. Matty GRIFFITHS 😎
dannylewis

Hi duke I was at monies from 58 ,62 I flipping hated the place and always will . Take care Danny lewis.
dannylewis

Duke flipping was not the wordi wrote it was f.........n
smhel6

hi, i was at the gussies till 66,helen barnes i was then,i think mr long was our last teacher, not sure
the duke

Names I can remember , in no preferential order= Tommy Dryhurst ,Tony O'Connor, Jimmy Russell , Mick Cruddin, John West, Peter Flanagan , Paul Harrison , Jimmy Flynn, Derek Cockeran , Ann Brown, Mary Farrell , Mary Clarke, Sharon Hossall, Glynis Gabriel, Moya Green, Maureen Shiels, Sheila Smith, Derek Marshall, Alan Jones, RICHY Butler, Ray Maher, Joey Maher, George Lowe, Paul Whitehead, Peter North, Vinny Laundra, Lorraine Malone, Paul McDermott (RIP), Henry McCullouch, Charlie Sheath, Aggie Pendleton , Brian Clarke, Lesley Edmundson, , Susan Kendall, Anne Pullen, Billy Brown, Sean Daley, Tony King, Pat Conneley, Peter Lathan, Joan McCourt, Jaennette Nelson, Pat Smith, David Parkinson , Mary Kelly, .....if I have left anyone out , let me know, been a long time, still see Afew of the old school. Get in touch Keep Well
Dave Cunliffe

I left that wonderful place in 71 and a few of these names ring a bell with me
bob. b

Matty never went to that school but all them name came back to me going to Stuart Rd footy wimming and sports days.

Danny you must have had a bad time in that school think of any kid now having what you had. Must be bad for them mate.

Matty all them names mate great you've got a good memory.
pat2151

Hi, I was at St Augustine's & St Monica's prior to that.
Left in 1965.(Patricia Fitzpatrick) now Walker
A couple of names that come to mind: Eileen Wilde, Pauline Murphy.
:)
Raymond J Maher

, Ray Maher,I still have contact with our Joe.Here's my email.I have a pic with you on from the infants M8. rjmaher@blueyonder.co.uk
No matter where you are,If you are a BUCK, be proud of it..
awelfryn34

hi all, just looking for any old photos of the old classes from the 50's or 60's. Stay forever young.
Dennis McHenry :D
awelfryn34

hi Matty, hope all is well in your world
Dennis McHenry
clare russell

Jimmy Russell is my dad. Now retired off the buses
clare russell
Fenertym

My name is Mary Fenerty and I attended St Augustines School from 1964 to 68. I hated the school. I remember many of the names in previous posts. I was very shy and quiet but changed when I grew up. MOYA GREEN moved down south and married a man called Geoff who died some years ago and they have one grown up daughter.
One of the y Maher's

Hi,I'm Ray Maher,living in Formby now so don't see anybody from my youth,catch up on here if you would like to..cheers. Ray..okies
One of the y Maher's

the duke wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2013 11:01 am Names I can remember , in no preferential order= Tommy Dryhurst ,Tony O'Connor, Jimmy Russell , Mick Cruddin, John West, Peter Flanagan , Paul Harrison , Jimmy Flynn, Derek Cockeran , Ann Brown, Mary Farrell , Mary Clarke, Sharon Hossall, Glynis Gabriel, Moya Green, Maureen Shiels, Sheila Smith, Derek Marshall, Alan Jones, RICHY Butler, Ray Maher, Joey Maher, George Lowe, Paul Whitehead, Peter North, Vinny Laundra, Lorraine Malone, Paul McDermott (RIP), Henry McCullouch, Charlie Sheath, Aggie Pendleton , Brian Clarke, Lesley Edmundson, , Susan Kendall, Anne Pullen, Billy Brown, Sean Daley, Tony King, Pat Conneley, Peter Lathan, Joan McCourt, Jaennette Nelson, Pat Smith, David Parkinson , Mary Kelly, .....if I have left anyone out , let me know, been a long time, still see Afew of the old school. Get in touch Keep Well
Ray Maher here.
One of the y Maher's

Fenertym wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2022 1:56 pm My name is Mary Fenerty and I attended St Augustines School from 1964 to 68. I hated the school. I remember many of the names in previous posts. I was very shy and quiet but changed when I grew up. MOYA GREEN moved down south and married a man called Geoff who died some years ago and they have one grown up daughter.
Did MOya Green ever return to merseyside Mary ?
Would love to see her again after all these years.
bob. b

My name is Bobby Bell I went to Balliol road school, but remember some of the lads in the above comment they were a year older than me Good footballers.
awelfryn34

Hi gang, Dennis McHenry here, left in 1968 and have been in touch with Tony Humes from our year via Facebook who now lives in Malta. Have tried finding Charlie Scott from our year to no avail, see Tommy Dryhurst a few years ago when Liverpool were at home in a pub on County Rd. Would love to know what happened to the rest of leavers from 1968.
jensen59

Dave Cunliffe wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2013 9:56 pm I left that wonderful place in 71 and a few of these names ring a bell with me
I went to St Augustine’s at that time we moved there from St Winnie's. I remember a lot of those boys To y King lost his brother in scooter accident when he was 17 Jimmy Russell had a brother Bone same age as me. I remember Maureen Gorry Susan King another girl surname Hughes John Garry Booby Owen Gerald Morgan. Teachers Mr Bibby a **** wished a met him as a man. Mr Doyle headmaster told him to stick his school up his arse and was told to leave. I left at 15 no qualifications whatsoever but still ended up at the London School of Economics