kitty farley

Find Bootle friends and family here
glossybonce

Sept 1931
CREW Charles FARLEY Annie West Derby, Register Office or Registrar Attended Liverpool

Births Registered Dec 1931
Crew Louis V mmn Havern W.Derby 8b 763

Must be Louis Vincent aka Chegsey. :D
Time is precious.....Waste it wisely.
Daft Apeth

Hi All,

Not sure if this forum is still active (the last update looks like it's a few years ago), so here goes.

My Grandmother was Mary Catherine "Minnie" Havern - born 1909 in the Newry Workhouse. Mother Annie Havern Father Unknown - taken under the wing of Bernard Farley when Annie moved over to Liverpool with baby Agnes, (Minnie was 2 at this stage) and they were married in 1912, stayed in Bootle the rest of their lives.

Annie Havern died in 1977 (her ashes are in a cemetery in Warrenpoint), as for Bernard he suffered a tragic and terrible death when run over by a steam lorry in Marsh Lane in 1927, (well reported in the Bootle Times in February 1927)

I'll read through the updates below and offer facts and stories (aren't they sometimes the best ones!), depending on whether there continues to be an interest. I also have a number of updates on Kitty ('Ma Baker' as she was known to me), that I can share.

As for me I'm based in Melbourne and have been active in tracing the Havern's for a while so hopefully can offer some information.

Hope this helps.

Best
BOBHAMO

Great username daft apeth have not heard that name for years
welcome to the forum if you need local info there are lots on the forum who are helpfull
and for photos
bobhamo
bootle born altcar road
Daft Apeth

Thanks Mate, appreciate the welcome.
kaycee

Wow this thread has taken so many twists and turns. Excellent teamwork in tracing everyone back and even other family members posting!!!

#keepitgoing :D
WatsonTommy

i remember mrs bridget farley, kitty, jimmy and the family they lived at no 44 AUDLEY STREET OFF MARSH LANE the alex pub was at the top of the street i'm sure kitty managed a pub or two one in waterloo
WatsonTommy

MRS BRIDGET KITTY AND THE FARLEYS LIVED IN 44 AUDLEY ST OF MARSH LANE KITTY WAS LANDLADY AND HAD A PUB IN SOUTH ROAD WATERLOO
WatsonTommy

twice i tried twice to put this on/ smoked out was correct MRS BRIDGET FARLEY, KITTY,JIMMY AND THE FAMILY LIVED AT 44 AUDLEY ST KITTY had a pub in waterloo
WatsonTommy

and there's charlie farley the phantom raspberry blower
WatsonTommy

i drink with a sheila farley in witherspoon bootle she told me its one big family she remembers kitty she was her aunty
Barbara Speed

Hey Nats, Kitty was my auntie, think it's 2x great :) Alan Hardaker is my dads uncle. Agnes Hardaker (Farley) was my granny. We live in Crosby, but grew up down Marsh Lane. You can find us on Facebook, love meeting long lost family members, you've got to give the internet credit for that. xox