Edwin H Johnson

Find Bootle friends and family here
lily8

Great work Teen have loved following this one well done cobber :P :P
Lily
Thommos sister

Thanks so much Lily, it's all a labour of love hey!!
T.S
Thommos sister

More news
Our friend at GRU has had a contact from the grandson of Constance Holme Johnson. Here we go again she said!!

T.S :)
brendanlee

Hello,

Welcome to the blog of Craig Holme. We are using the power of the internet to really make a difference, check us out today.

Thank You
Merchant

Edwin Johnson bumped up again! Just found a reference in a back number of the school magazine which states that on Feb 5th 1914 Herbert Holme Johnson (Edwin's brother) married Jessie Hutchinson Cumming in Rhyl. Looking back over this thread I note that we thought they had a son called Peter born in 1925.

Doesn't look as though we ever found a marriage for Peter though, or any offspring. Was that because you (genies) looked but couldn't find anything or because we got sidetracked by other aspects of the Edwin Johnson story? Is it worth having another look?

Plans well under way for the Dinner on May 12th. Should be a good night.

Cheers, Merchant
Jan

:D

Hi Merchant,

Thanks for the update, looking forward to it.

Here is the marriage

North Wales Marriage indexes for the years: 1914
Surname Forename(s) Surname Forename(s) Church / Register Office Registers At Reference
JOHNSON Herbert H CUMMING Jessie H Rhyl, St Thomas Denbighshire North (Rhyl) CW10/02/E141

St Thomas's is still there, a nice church.

Jan
Old genealogists never die......they just lose their census.
lily8

Without a second initial it is a bit hard as there are dozens of Peter Johnson marriages maybe a look in the directories??? I will see if there were phone listings for Herbert and Jessie.
Lily
Jan

I found two births registered in West Derby Johnson Mothers maiden name Cumming.

Edwin 1919

Peter 1925

Jan
Jan

And another one James H Johnson 1918 mother's madien name Cumming registered West Derby.

Jan
Merchant

That's interesting. Looks like Herbert and Jessie had TWO sons and they named the older one after his Uncle Edwin. (Of course Herbert's father was also called Edwin was he not?)

Jan - I have sent Glossy a PM as you suggested.

Merchant
Merchant

Just seen latest Jan - THREE sons now. Surely there is scope for finding descendants from these?

Merchant
lily8

A possible:

James H Johnson
Spouse Surname: Freeman
Date of registration: Jan-Feb-Mar 1958
Registration district: Liverpool
Inferred County: Lancashire
Volume Number: 10d
Page Number: 944
Find Spouse: Find Spouse
Lily
Jan

There are a lot Lily,

I also found this one.

Lancashire Marriage indexes for the years: 1932
Surname Forename(s) Surname Forename(s) Church / Register Office Registers At Reference
JOHNSON James H SKELTON Norah L Bootle, Christ Church South Sefton A4/5/112

I know that Bootle Christ Church registers have been deposited at Liverpool RO, but they are not available for viewing yet, they are still being microfilmed, I asked them last week about them, they are still waiting for them to come back, but I am not sure if they will go to the library or the Satelite place in Sandhills.

I have been trying to look at a marriage that took place there in 1912 for some time now.

Jan
lily8

There are numerous telephone listings for a James H in Waterloo until at least the late 1960's
Lily
lily8

I think that one might be a little too early perhaps Jan he was born in 1918 and the one I found would have him marrying as a 40 year old :shock: Will have a look and see if there are any Johnson-freeman off spring.
Lily
Jan

:lol: :lol:

See what you mean Lily he would have been too young to get married in 1932 if born 1918 :oops:

Jan
Merchant

The other son Edwin might be easier trace for a marriage? Less common Chrsitian name than Peter or James.

By the way, where were the births of Herbert and Jessie's sons registered - Liverpool or Rhyl? (where they got married)

Edit - Just looked back at posts - registered Liverpool or West Derby.

James H Johnson in Waterloo looks promising. If we could establish that the H stands for either Holme or Herbert we could be fairly certain it's the right one.

Merchant
Thommos sister

Hi folks
I had a lovely email from our GRU contact.
She has received an invitation to the Dinner and said she is delighted to accept and may meet some forum members, without us she would never had got an invite.
Also said Edward would be thrilled to bits to be recognized 100 yrs later.
Very happy lady.

T.S
Merchant

That's good to know. Really looking forward to the Dinner on 12th May. It will be the culmination of an awful lot of time and hard work from a lot of people.

TS - is there no chance of you arranging a last minute trip to Blighty?

Kind regards, Merchant.
lily8

I second third and fourth that Simon :D

I am leaving next week for the Uk and will try and follow up on this last chap while I am there hopefully turn something up in time for the dinner. Can you send me a contact # for yourself????
Lily
Jago68

Not a sure if it’s any help but my g grandfather was Thomas Malcom Webster who married Clara eh Johnson