Juliet Street and St Johns Road

Find Bootle friends and family here
carol flynn

Hi can anybody help with any old pics of Juliet Street or St Johns Road please? My family were Flynns and Fendicks, does anybody remember them? Thanks
Carol xxx
Jan

:D

Hi Carol,

There are a couple of photo's on this site of Juliet Street, there should be some photo's of St John's Road on this forum somewhere.

http://inacityliving.piczo.com/?g=50969832&cr=7

Jan
Old genealogists never die......they just lose their census.
thomas

Jan wrote::D

Hi Carol,

There are a couple of photo's on this site of Juliet Street, there should be some photo's of St John's Road on this forum somewhere.

Jan
Hi I wondered if you could help did youknow families who lived in Juliet St namley the McLoughlans { hopefully have spelling right}who lived at 26 Juliet st.Thanks.
PETER CRAIG

thomas wrote:
Jan wrote::D

Hi Carol,

Jan
Hi I wondered if you could help did youknow families who lived in Juliet St namley the McLoughlans { hopefully have spelling right}who lived at 26 Juliet st.Thanks.
Welcome to the Bootle forum Thomas,
Peter.
eddie.c

Hi folks,I`ve only just found this site and this is my first post,I`m hopeless with technology so
bear with me! I lived in 42 Juliet St from 1951/2 until 1973.
As far as I remember the family at 26 had two daughters who would have been 5/10 years older than me I don`t remember their names but they had a brother named Philip who was also quite a bit older than me and I remember him tall and black haired and was a nice man.
I have a photo of the 1953 Coronation celebration with lots of families of that time,I know
this photo is on the web if you search and I`m sure the McLoughlans will be on it.
Best wishes,Eddie Cawley
BOBHAMO

Welcome Eddie :D :D :D
Image 1952
bobhamo
bootle born altcar road
Bernie R

Hi Eddie. Your name rings a bell. Did you knock round with my elder brother, Frank Rushworth?
Bern
Born and raised in Romeo Street, later Lambeth Walk, Jersey Close, Garden Place, Hawthorne Rd, Gonville Rd now Netherton
eddie.c

Hi Bernie,yes I did and remember him well and also Brenda,who came to live opposite me at the bottom of Juliet St, I think you must be younger than me as I can`t place you at the moment,old age! I hope you are all doing well.I also remember Kenny Scott and his sister Maureen [?]Johnny Redmond lived at the top house next to the Shakey lower down were the Deegans,Michael and Robert his younger brother, Rob and I were best mates for a long time but fell out as stupid kids do.we were all motorbike mad and got into plenty of scrapes.
Dave Rimmer in Portia St was another good mate who we still exchange Christmas cards with he`s lived in Cornwall for a long time.
I know some people were trying to get in touch with any Juliet St Cawleys,if you know how I can in touch will you let me know.
All the best,Eddie
eddie.c

BOBHAMO wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 4:38 pm Welcome Eddie :D :D :D
Image 1952
bobhamo
Hi Bob,we lived at No.42 but they have misspelt our name as Corley which isn`t unusual!
All the best.Eddie
eddie.c

carol flynn wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:33 pm Hi can anybody help with any old pics of Juliet Street or St Johns Road please? My family were Flynns and Fendicks, does anybody remember them? Thanks
Carol xxx
Hi Carol,it`s been a long time since your post,I don`t know if you are still interested but I lived in No.42 and Fendicks lived next door at 40.Old Mrs Fendick was a nice lady but I was a young schoolboy didn`t know her well,the other family I only have dim memories of them but I remember being amazed at the very long painted fingernails of one of the ladies! I didn`t know anyone else with nails like that.
When Mrs Fendick died my sister Olive took over the house,that would have been about 1961.
The landlords were Lee and Turner who had a buiders yard on Oriel Rd opposite the end of Juliet St.
Best wishes,Eddie
Bernie R

Hi Eddie

We're all doing OK thanks. You're right on the age front as Frank is 11 years my elder. All those names ring bells. Hate to be bearer of bad news but I'm 99% certain that your old mate Rob is no longer with us. In fact, true to form, I recall he was involved in a fatal bike collision at the junction by The Mons.

If it was folk on this forum looking for Cawleys, you can contact them via private message or reply to the threads they were asking on.

Take care

Bern
Born and raised in Romeo Street, later Lambeth Walk, Jersey Close, Garden Place, Hawthorne Rd, Gonville Rd now Netherton
Bernie R

As the original request was for pics of Juliet Street, here are two of the top of the street from 1970.

eddie.c

Hi Bernie,thanks for the photos,the one of the bombed site wasn`t cleared and fenced off when I was a lad,there was a couple more shops there.One was Jacky Edmonsons butchers and a florists,the backs were blown off and we used to have a rope tied up in the joists and had a Tarzan swing,great fun till your mam caught you!
My sister used to work in Taylors grocers on the corner in the other photo,it was run by a lady called Nancy.Next door was Flemings where you you could proper elastic for catapults,`donkey lastic` we called it, next door or next door but one was Stevo`s or Considines depending if you were using Willy`s or his wifes name either would do,this was a newsagents later taken over by a Mr Williams.I think next along was a sweet run by Martha Deecey where you could sit in and buy a penny lemonade.Last one at the top of Romeo St was a Post Office.
I`m reasonably sure about the shops but could have missed one out.
The shop at the bottom of the street where Brenda lived was a greengrocers before it was a betting shop,my dad was made up when it changed and it saved me having to take his bets to the bookies runner who used to stand outside the Post Office at the top of Romeo St.
Best wishes,Eddie
Bernie R

Spot on Ed - Florist was Marie Jarvis I think?

Only one you missed was the fruit/veg shop between Grace Flemings and Connies - that was Bartons in my day.

The post office closed and Mr Williams took it over as a wool shop run by his wife.
eddie.c

Good one Bernie,I knew I was going wrong somewhere!Old age brain fog.
All the best,Eddie
Sonoma

Hello Carol

I lived at St John's Rd from birth until 1970. House was #20 near Millers Bridge end of SJR

What was your number ?