made me smile

Join in here with our very own Bootle Chatterbox...
bob. b

Carol singing it's highs & lows ,My best mate Mick Holland & I were really good at sussing out the best roads & best time to venture out ,King Avenue was our starting point ,7pm the time ,we always ended up near The Carlton all those streets facing ,King avenue has houses with front doors adjacent so we had better odds ,We harmonised & in the still evening air we sounded great ( even though I say it myself ,) Our best ever night was when it began to snow ,We were in King avenue & a young man was passing & gave us a good few coppers ,From thereon in it got better & better ,We were invited into the Conservative club in Moss Lane at about 9 30 ,to sing for the members & their wives The man from Laramie was no one at the time so me & Mick sang it ,They had a pass around for us ,We got well rewarded ,Off to chippy by Carlton to load up & then home ,My Mam was in shock when I gave her most of my take ,( it's what you did in those days wasn't it?) What I'd give now for a tape of those two lads singing ,

From Joe
Bernie R

Nice one Bob!
Born and raised in Romeo Street, later Lambeth Walk, Jersey Close, Garden Place, Hawthorne Rd, Gonville Rd now Netherton
Silver-Haired-Hippy

I liked that Bob! :D

Loretta
A bit of Bootle in Wales