Liverpool By Night.

Join in here with our very own Bootle Chatterbox...
Bonesy

Not my pics. Photos from facebook.

Keith
Last edited by Bonesy on Sun Nov 26, 2023 11:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
filsgreen

Fantastic photos, Keith. If I owned the photos, I'd definitely not put them in the public domain.
Bonesy

Agreed Phil :wink:

Keith
Silver-Haired-Hippy

Brilliant photos! Would sell well as cards or any type of cards ie. birthday, postcards etc. thanks for posting them Keith :D

Loretta
A bit of Bootle in Wales
bjones

Fabulous pics; thanks for sharing Keith.
We were planning to go over late this afternoon to have a look at the lights and market but I wimped out as it was too cold :oops:
Bee

"Life" is a gift to you. The way you live your life is your gift to those who come after.
Silver-Haired-Hippy

Mulled wine would warm you up Bee!

I seem to be in a wine mood tonight, this is the third time I have mentioned the stuff! :shock:

Loretta
A bit of Bootle in Wales
Bernie R

Silver-Haired-Hippy wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2023 11:14 pm Mulled wine would warm you up Bee!

...would only cost you £6.50 at the markets, Bee :shock:
Born and raised in Romeo Street, later Lambeth Walk, Jersey Close, Garden Place, Hawthorne Rd, Gonville Rd now Netherton
Silver-Haired-Hippy

£6.50! :shock: dread to think what the beer and a glass of wine costs! Rather have a cup of tea, don't tell me how much a cuppa costs :lol:

Loretta
A bit of Bootle in Wales
Invicta

Great pics.

Our local Xmas switch on this weekend is offering mulled wine & mince pie for £8.50.
Can't wait 😉
bjones

I'll swerve the mulled wine thanks :P . I hear the hot chocolate is an eyewatering price ... better take a hip flask for the brandy to put in it :D
Tilly and I watched the switch on here last Saturday; £3 for about three swirls of candy floss Outrageous!!
Bee

"Life" is a gift to you. The way you live your life is your gift to those who come after.
Bernie R

Full drinks price list for this year's Christmas Markets

Born and raised in Romeo Street, later Lambeth Walk, Jersey Close, Garden Place, Hawthorne Rd, Gonville Rd now Netherton
Bonesy

No chance me paying that. Warm white wine in a can @ £7.50 at the Philharmonic Hall did it for me, never again.

Meanwhile another night time shot. I think it's
Dale Street.

Keith
Invicta

A large Sauv Blanc in our local is £8.25 and a pint of Shepherd & Neame bitter £5.25.
No wonder the pub is mostly empty. K
Gardner 180

Invicta wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2023 5:24 pm A large Sauv Blanc in our local is £8.25 and a pint of Shepherd & Neame bitter £5.25.
No wonder the pub is mostly empty. K
Hi, I occasionally buy bottles of Shepherd Neame beer at the local Sainsburys store.
This brewery based in Kent is the oldest brewery in the United Kingdom, founded in
1698 in Faversham. Cheers. :)

Ray.
Bernie R

Keith

That is indeed Dale Street - they're just passing Rigbys opposite the end of North John Street.

Bern
Invicta

Hi Ray
Sheps ( as its known around here) have some nice beers. I like their Spitfire and Bishop's Finger brands. Their normal bitter, Master Brew, £5,25 , up the local is a bit hoppy for me.
Regards
Ken
Bonesy

Hope Street.

Keith
bjones

Lovely pic Keith, is it one of yours?
We went over to the Christmas market late Friday afternoon/early evening.
It's so much bigger than last time we went. As well as the usual "gift stuff" and food & drink outlets there are lots of fair ground attractions. A bit like Southport fair meets the Christmas market all in the beautiful setting of St Georges hall. St John's garden looks lovely with all the trees lit up too.
Well worth a visit; you don't need to spend money to have a look around but beware if you take the kids :shock:

Walked along to the Albert dock and, as last year, found the lights underwhelming. :(
Bee

Bonesy

Not mine bee. Credit to the photographer, bottom right hand corner.
Well the day has arrived for our Sunday lunch with friends on the Floating Grace. Hoping to see the city lit up in all its glory from the river / docks.

Bee, your description of St George's makes me want to go. No today though, bit to much uphill from Albert Dock.

Keith
bjones

Ah; I see it now thanks Keith.
I assume the Floating Grace get together is further opportunity to celebrate your and Lian's Golden Wedding anniversary. Hope you have a fab time; don't forget to report back!

We did the Market to the Albert the opposite way to you'd need to today. We got off the train at Lime St, coming out under the plateau so right into the market.
Eventually exited via St Johns gardens. Over the road to go down Victoria St, left turn into North John St. Through Liverpool 1 across Chavasse Park to the Albert.... now imagine how many hostelries you'd encounter if your party needed to take a rest from the uphill struggle :lol:
Bee

Bonesy

Sounds a good route bee.
Yes our final celebration for our anniversary.
It's been a great month getting together with family and friends.

Keith
Silver-Haired-Hippy

Don't know how you get by in Greece Keith, it's seems to be uphill everywhere I go! :lol:

Loretta
A bit of Bootle in Wales
Bonesy

From our Andrews management office in Liverpool One. It's on a TV screen btw.

Keith
bjones

WOWZER; thanks Andrew (and Keithmas :D ).
Bee

Bonesy

Thanks Bee.
Turns out The Management of Liverpool One, commissioned a professional drone company to take the photos. I'm hoping to get the other shots that can be seen at the bottom of the screen.

Keith
Bonesy

Artists impression of Liverpool by Night.
There are a few I don't recognise though.

Keith