Jigsaw Corner

Join in here with our very own Bootle Chatterbox...
Silver-Haired-Hippy

Bern, I have actually got that one, can hardly wait to do it but must finish the boring one I am doing at the moment! Did another one a couple of weeks ago very much the same, had to use the magnifying glass at times! Good luck and glad to see some of us are still at it! :lol:

Loretta
A bit of Bootle in Wales
Bernie R

I already had these two 1000 festive puzzles in my in tray - we do the Gibsons special every year and I couldn't resist the other on 'Prime Day'...

...but this surprise present from one of the lads at Anfield (the guy I did the Beano/Dandy one for, all framed back in June 2022) means the Christmas puzzle countdown starts earlier...

Born and raised in Romeo Street, later Lambeth Walk, Jersey Close, Garden Place, Hawthorne Rd, Gonville Rd now Netherton
bjones

the Christmas puzzle countdown starts earlier...
:shock: :shock: Ahhh Bernie said the C word, Bernie said the C word nah na nah na nah na! and it's only November :shock: :lol:
Bee

"Life" is a gift to you. The way you live your life is your gift to those who come after.
Bernie R

Previous years tell the tale, Bee.

Jigsaws tend to be my only concession to Christmas before December - although Facebook memories remind me that 4 years today the girls and I spent a fab day in Manchester Festive Markets (to be fair though, the best bit was the pub!).
Born and raised in Romeo Street, later Lambeth Walk, Jersey Close, Garden Place, Hawthorne Rd, Gonville Rd now Netherton
bjones

No, sorry Bern I'm not accepting precedent as a mitigating factor nor can you break the C word into little bits and claim it's a jigsaw. You said the C word na na na na nah nah :P :P :lol: :lol: :lol:
Bee

"Life" is a gift to you. The way you live your life is your gift to those who come after.
Bernie R

Dammit!!! Why didn't I use the consistent approach and use 'festive' again??? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Silver-Haired-Hippy

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Loretta
A bit of Bootle in Wales
Bernie R

First of this year's hat-trick of FESTIVE :lol: :lol: puzzles boxed off

Silver-Haired-Hippy

Very Festive Bern!! :lol:

Loretta
A bit of Bootle in Wales
Bernie R

May have left it a bit late to start festive puzzle 2 of 3. We'll see 🤞🏻🤔🧩🎅👍🏻

Silver-Haired-Hippy

Bet you get it done Bern, seeing you have started it you won't be able to stop doing it! :D

Loretta
A bit of Bootle in Wales
Bernie R

Pretty sure i'll get this one done, Loretta - just worried about the Gibsons puzzle which, after all, is our traditional festive challenge. :shock:
Bernie R

That's the warm-up done double quick - hope I've enough time left to get the main Gibsons thing done before the big day - busy week ahead so may be a struggle. :shock:

Bonesy

Excellent that Bern. Have you ever framed any ?

Keith
Bernie R

Thanks. Only the one for our place, mate. It was the WH Smith special edition for the first Christmas of the new millennium and was an unconventional frieze shape so had to make a frame for it. Lovely puzzle - had reflective gold foil inserts to highlight the illuminated rooms.

Here's a pic out as it's on the wall in the hall just now - as it is every December.

Only others I framed was the Marvel heroes one for our Jack and the Beano/Dandy character one for a mate at Anfield (I did the puzzle for him too) - both puzzles feature earlier in this thread.

Bern
Bonesy

That looks fantastic Bern. Well done.

Keith
Silver-Haired-Hippy

Looks good! brilliant one on the wall Bern! :D

Loretta
A bit of Bootle in Wales
Bernie R

Thanks guys

In time honoured tradition, our Holly has done the edges of the Gibsons Christmas puzzle for this year.
Only 5 more days before the big day, and I'll spend 2 of those at Anfield, so little to no chance of this getting done in time now, methinks 🧩🎅🤔

Silver-Haired-Hippy

Never say No Bern! :D Anyway, maybe finished to bring in the New Year! Lovely jigsaw and good girl Holly, I hate having to do the outside, always can't find at least two bits in the box until part way done! :lol:

Loretta
A bit of Bootle in Wales
Bernie R

Well I didn't sort it by Christmas but did finish it on New Year's Day which is still part of the festive period :lol:

Silver-Haired-Hippy

Great one Bern! hip hip hooray! :D

Loretta
A bit of Bootle in Wales
Silver-Haired-Hippy

How is the jigsawing coming along Bern? Started any new ones? :D

Loretta
A bit of Bootle in Wales
Bernie R

Did the edges of one a couple of weeks back, Loretta but it's been under the couch since.

Will pop a pic on later and try and get going on the rest of it.
Bernie R

Here you go Loretta

Puzzle within a puzzle, this one. Once complete, the task is to spot the 101 movie titles in the picture. I've had a similar one before with 101 band names to fins - good fun.

Silver-Haired-Hippy

Look forward to see it finished! I am almost finishing off Jan Van Haasteren one called The Park, I think Phil does that kind? Lots of tiny people! :lol:

Loretta
A bit of Bootle in Wales
Silver-Haired-Hippy

Sorry to harp on about jigsaws Bern! how is the latest one coming along? I am 80% through one that puzzled me (no pun intended!) a Ravensburger one, lots of tiny people set in a airport etc. After staring at it for ages the penny dropped why it wasn't working so to speak, it is a mirror image puzzle! All back to front! Quite a challenge and frustrating as I keep looking at the wrong side!! Not come across that kind before!

Loretta
A bit of Bootle in Wales
Bernie R

You're not harping on at all Loretta - it's what this thread is for so no worries.

I'm hoping to get over the line with the Movies one on Sunday as I've been neglecting it lately.

That one of yours sounds a proper challenge indeed - kind of a variation of a Wasgij???

A friend of Barb's has passed me a JVH puzzle (Post Office). Looking forward to that but God knows when as my 'in tray' is very full just now with 8 x 1000 and 2 x 500 piecers in the queue.

Bern
filsgreen

I've given up on them now, guys, I haven't done one for over a year. I've still got six in the sealed boxes. In all I've got 57 JVH jigsaws, I don't like doing any other type. Here are a few pictures of the ones I took photos of.

Silver-Haired-Hippy

It is a bit like Phil's jigsaws, tiny tiny people! but everything is the same but back to front! If you hold the lid upto a mirror that is what it looks like when done! Just finished it and said never again, although! hmm, maybe! I think you would like it Phil! Some of them you put on I have done, some not, I think one day if you decide to do one you will be hooked again!

Loretta
A bit of Bootle in Wales
Bernie R

Mission accomplished in that I finished it on Sunday.

Now I just have to try and find the 101 movie titles in the picture! :? :wink:

Bernie R

Barb got this crackin' 500 piecer made for me for Christmas 2022 and it's sat in my 'in tray' ever since.

Got it out this week as thought I'd best get it done while he was the Reds' manager!

filsgreen

What's the crack with Lampard in the background?
Silver-Haired-Hippy

Great one Bern! :D

Loretta
A bit of Bootle in Wales
Bernie R

filsgreen wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:22 pm What's the crack with Lampard in the background?
Pic was doing the rounds on social at the time. Fat Frank's enviously staring through the window of the plane. :lol: