New mum gives birth to gigantic 12lb 6oz baby.

Join in here with our very own Bootle Chatterbox...

New mum gives birth to gigantic 12lb 6oz baby.

Postby fatboyjoe90 » Fri Oct 06, 2017 5:23 pm

New mum breaks hospital record after giving birth to gigantic 12lb 6oz baby. :roll: :D
A Brazilian mother spent eight days in hospital after giving birth to a baby who weighed nearly six kilos - about half the weight of a gold bar.
Mother of three Maira Trevisan admitted that while doctors told her she'd have a big baby, she wasn't quite prepared for just how heavy Gabrielly would be.

Doctors at Cascavel University Hospital in Parana, Brazil, knew that the child would be bigger than average, but mum Maria admits she didn't expect the baby to be so heavy.
Tipping the scales at a whopping 5.72 kilos or 12.61 pounds, baby Gabrielly broke the hospital's 27-year-old record, which was when the maternity unit registered an infant weighing 5kgs.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news ... d-11284537
Cheers Joe.
fatboyjoe90

Re: New mum gives birth to gigantic 12lb 6oz baby.

Postby bjones » Sat Oct 07, 2017 10:09 am

12lbs 6oz isn't all that big in the UK. My mum had 2 babies bigger than that. Seven of her eight were over 10lbs.... and then there was me.... the whippet who came in at just over 7lbs - just as well really as I arrived backside first :shock:
Several of my mum's grandchildren and great-grandchildren have topped 11lbs - the latest arrival in March weighed in at 11lbs 2oz. first baby to a mother who normally only weighed eight stone herself!
Bee

"Life" is a gift to you. The way you live your life is your gift to those who come after.
bjones

Postby Shelagh » Sat Oct 07, 2017 11:10 am

Thinking exactly the same thing as Bee!
They must be producing awful small babies in Brazil if this is a record breaker :roll:
Sure I can remember a girl in my street giving birth to a twelve pounder :shock: (think it was your sister in law, Bee)
My own 9lb baby was a tiddler in comparison!

Definitely not uncommon for Bootle mums to deliver WHOPPERS - OUCH :)
Shelagh

Postby Bernie R » Sat Oct 07, 2017 12:34 pm

Update on the big Brazilian baby - doctors say the child will be walking in 6 months.... probably 3 months ahead of the mother! :lol: :lol:
Last edited by Bernie R on Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Born and raised in Romeo Street, later Lambeth Walk, Jersey Close, Garden Place, Hawthorne Rd, Gonville Rd now Netherton
Bernie R

Postby fatboyjoe90 » Sat Oct 07, 2017 10:47 pm

Hiya Bee and Shelagh i thought that was a big baby i asked my wife and she said the same as you did,so what do i know I'm only a man. :roll: :oops:

Bernie :lol: :lol:
Cheers Joe.
fatboyjoe90

Postby bjones » Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:52 am

Joe, I think Shelagh and I were both just noting that birth weights must be lower in Brazil than UK.
Yep Joe, you're only a man :lol: - birth weight doesn't really make a lot of difference for a man which reminds me...
Naughty Bernie! :lol:
Shelagh, yes that was Ann - who was all of 5ft tall :( .
Bee

"Life" is a gift to you. The way you live your life is your gift to those who come after.
bjones

Return to Chat about anything with the Bootle Bucks