Forum.

Join in here with our very own Bootle Chatterbox...

Forum.

Postby Invicta » Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:23 pm

Pretty dull Forum just now with five quizzes running and not much else of interest.
Maybe the new footy season will refresh it but until then I'm taking a break from posting.
Catch up soon, stay well
Regards
Ken
Invicta

Re: Forum.

Postby BOBHAMO » Tue Jul 18, 2017 6:17 pm

what we need Ken is some football predictions for this season
John , bernie johno , are resident blues :D :D :D
will have there ideas on how they will do this season :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
then yourself , henry and myself will comment on what we are going to do :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
bobhamo
bootle born altcar road
BOBHAMO

Postby bjones » Tue Jul 18, 2017 8:24 pm

Ken, the Forum can only ever be as good as the contributions we the members make to it. It won't get any better if valuable contributors stop joining in. Just putting it out there (as tho younger folk say).
Bee

"Life" is a gift to you. The way you live your life is your gift to those who come after.
bjones

Postby dorothy834 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 9:45 pm

Totally agree with you Bee..that's probably got a lot to do with the loss of
many of our lovely posters who have moved on ..you only get back what you put in..
Dorothy
dorothy834
dorothy834

Postby Bonesy » Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:58 pm

Ken has been one of the most prolific posters outside of the quizzes/photos/music threads.

Keith
SO MANY PEOPLE, MY FAMILY OF FRIENDS
Bonesy

Postby dorothy834 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:23 pm

Kieth I would'nt deny that Ken is a prolific poster
but to say your taking time out because there is no
football etc seems that's the only thing that holds
interest for some if posters don't post then it will
become dull and folk then drift away...I don't do quizzes
song titles because I'm no good at it but still read whatever
is on...not having a go at Ken what so ever..each to his own.. :D
dorothy834
dorothy834

Postby bjones » Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:26 pm

Keith, Ken's prolificacy is precisely what I meant when I referred to "valuable contributors".
Bee

"Life" is a gift to you. The way you live your life is your gift to those who come after.
bjones

Postby Mack » Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:57 pm

Hi gang,

It's a forever changing forum with people coming and going. Some leave, they may come back later like a typical pub on the old Dock Road popping in for a chat :wink:

Mack
Mack
Site Admin

Postby filsgreen » Wed Jul 19, 2017 12:14 am

Evening Bee, you've certainly had your cornflakes over the past few days. Correctitude, prolificacy, very profligate with your lexicon. :) :D
filsgreen

Postby lily8 » Wed Jul 19, 2017 2:07 am

bjones wrote:Ken, the Forum can only ever be as good as the contributions we the members make to it. It won't get any better if valuable contributors stop joining in. Just putting it out there (as tho younger folk say).

Quite right Beej, little point in posting things if they are just read and receive little comment 'Just saying' as the kids do :lol:
Lily
lily8

Postby BossHogg » Wed Jul 19, 2017 3:33 am

I also have my own forum, it ebbs during the summer as my members are on holiday. Plus I also find social media takes a lot of traffic away from forums.
I limped the Great North Run in aid of RNLI. You can still sponsor me at https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/ScouseTom1
BossHogg

Postby bernie johno » Wed Jul 19, 2017 8:23 am

people choose what they say and comment on i put my pics on sometimes daily then leave it, the amount of pics i have i could post all day but it has to be right
there are lots of people who look in on this site who have decided not to be members so cant post anything.
on the footy everton is going to be a changed team this year and hopefully for the better but who knows till a ball is kicked
would of been in holland today to watch them but have got to have a scan on my other knee tomorrow so wouldn't of been back on time :D :D :wink:
hood st ,norton st, spenser st ,
bernie johno

Postby Invicta » Wed Jul 19, 2017 8:23 am

To be clear, I'm only taking a break, as I am from several other Forums I contribute to.
I'm culling a few but not this one . :wink: Ken

ps. Mack, not sure the Dock Road pub comment appropriate, most of them closed ! :D K
Invicta

Postby bjones » Wed Jul 19, 2017 8:43 am

Ken, I knew that's what you meant but do wish you wouldn't take a break; you're one of the people who keep this Forum going.

Lily you're a real stalwart of the Forum so please don't be discouraged from raising your interesting topics. I'm sure that the seeming lack of response is simply that people have little to add to what's been said other than to say ta for sharing. Don't know if others are the same but I often refrain from posting as I have nothing new to add to the conversation. Doesn't mean we don't all enjoy the posts :D
Just as with Bernie and Bob's photos; many more look at them than comment, certainly doesn't mean they're not appreciated :D
Bee

bjones

Postby Shelagh » Wed Jul 19, 2017 9:16 am

Enjoy your time out from the forum, Ken, those wise and well balanced comments shall be missed :( but hope you return refreshed and recharged after your short break, meanwhile, just to say, you're posts are appreciated, (even if there is no response) so come visit again soon :wink:
Lily, just thinking recently, about all the material you and Tina used to post, great to hear all the going on, news, family, interesting items, your country etc..so quiet here, and sometimes nothing at all except for quizzes, but I'm sure people are still interested, don't let the hush put you off, we miss your valuable contributions Lily, so please don't be a stranger :wink:

Shelagh!
Shelagh

Postby Thommos sister » Wed Jul 19, 2017 9:48 am

Thanks Shelagh for lovely words for Lily and myself. Our posters are dropping off too in photos for Marielou. I do think Facebook is to blame, just tick the like box and that's you have to do.
Also too, Photobucket now doesn't like us posting pics, I've joined tinyurl which Mac suggested. Chat soon matey T.S :D
Thommos sister

Postby Eddy Lloyd » Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:03 am

There are lots of people who follow the forum but don't post comments, many a person has pulled me and said they enjoy the posts especially the pictures.
Eddy Lloyd

Postby bernie johno » Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:19 am

Eddy Lloyd wrote:There are lots of people who follow the forum but don't post comments, many a person has pulled me and said they enjoy the posts especially the pictures.

me too eddy i have even had someone ask me in the toilet [wetherspoons] what was my pic of the day ,when i said i never knew they was on the site they said they look in every day but have never joined :D :D :wink:
hood st ,norton st, spenser st ,
bernie johno

Postby Bonesy » Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:36 am

lily8 wrote:
bjones wrote:Ken, the Forum can only ever be as good as the contributions we the members make to it. It won't get any better if valuable contributors stop joining in. Just putting it out there (as tho younger folk say).

Quite right Beej, little point in posting things if they are just read and receive little comment 'Just saying' as the kids do :lol:

Lily thats how I felt when I posted this viewtopic.php?f=4&t=33980
I felt that it was a valuable project by the kids of Bootle and it received only one reply but then if peeps find it uninteresting they are not going to comment.

Dorothy & bee, I wasn't having a pop at you guys I was just stating a fact.

Keith
Bonesy

Postby BOBHAMO » Wed Jul 19, 2017 11:34 am

I missed the post Keith sorry about that its an interesting post
there have been a few posts i have responded to putting photos and street dirs on
the poster has looked at the post but no reply so i deleted
on a few sites you can just ad a smilley to say you liked it which makes up
for no replys
bobhamo
bootle born altcar road
BOBHAMO

Postby lily8 » Wed Jul 19, 2017 1:34 pm

Hi folks I personally don't mind if my posts get no response but I have noticed a few posters frustrations in that respect, but still keep on posting guys :D

I agree with Eddy and Bern and have always known that many people look in every day in the 11 years involvement with the Forum just knowing that the 'shut ins' and others are kept in the loop re the Forum has been enough for me. Social networks may be fine for some but personally think the Forum provides a vital service throughout the world more power to the 'Man Mack'
Lily
lily8

Postby dorothy834 » Wed Jul 19, 2017 1:50 pm

Bob..that's a good idea about putting a smiley :D on as a
show of recodnition in future that's what I'll do
lots of interesting reply 's ..

Keith I never get upset at criticism about me from other
people ..I'm a big girl now..I can handle it :D :D
dorothy834
dorothy834

Postby Bonesy » Wed Jul 19, 2017 3:37 pm

Im sure Bernie R posted some time ago that he wished the forum had a "Like" button, but like Bob said a :D or maybe a :roll: or :wink: is a good indication of a response.

Keith :D :roll: :wink:
Bonesy

Postby dorothy834 » Wed Jul 19, 2017 4:20 pm

Yes Bernie did that....Keith.
I will comply with smiles now...
:D :roll: 1 :oops: or :wink:
dorothy834
dorothy834

Postby graham01 » Wed Jul 19, 2017 9:00 pm

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
graham :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
origin waterloo.present and future bootle.
graham01

Postby BossHogg » Wed Jul 19, 2017 11:12 pm

BOBHAMO wrote:I missed the post Keith sorry about that its an interesting post
there have been a few posts i have responded to putting photos and street dirs on
the poster has looked at the post but no reply so i deleted
on a few sites you can just ad a smilley to say you liked it which makes up
for no replys
bobhamo

Yep, a few forums I'm on have a "like" system. they tend to get used a lot. ;)
I limped the Great North Run in aid of RNLI. You can still sponsor me at https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/ScouseTom1
BossHogg

Postby Mack » Thu Jul 20, 2017 12:22 am

You can always smile :D

Mack
Mack
Site Admin

Postby oldroanerroamer » Thu Jul 27, 2017 10:08 pm

To be fair a lot of invictas posts are a bit self centered so maybe we'll all enjoy the break
oldroanerroamer

Postby filsgreen » Thu Jul 27, 2017 10:22 pm

You're entitled to your opinion ORR, but I certainly don't understand it. I've just searched through 20 odd posts of his; I couldn't see how his scribblings could be considered to be self centred :?
filsgreen

Postby Bonesy » Thu Jul 27, 2017 10:57 pm

Oh dear hear we go, self centred!!!! don't be daft

Keith
Bonesy

Postby Shelagh » Thu Jul 27, 2017 11:36 pm

Oldroaner, don't know how you got the impression that Ken is self centred..wondering what Ken has posted, to make you think of him in this way.
Can only speak as you find..and for the time I've been on the site, never known Ken to
'take off' or be nasty towards anyone, if anything, he is one of the most reasonable, and well balanced posters on the forum..one of a few - he will participate in any debate without losing his cool..also has the ability to laugh at himself, hardly ever ignores a comment or fails to respond..
Honestly..give him a chance, get to know him, you'll soon see that he's a great contributor, an asset and a gent :wink:
Shelagh

Postby graham01 » Thu Jul 27, 2017 11:44 pm

:D
origin waterloo.present and future bootle.
graham01

Postby tipster » Fri Jul 28, 2017 7:47 am

Got to love when a thread gets a bit spicy, it gets more comments, Has oldroaner, stepped into the shoes of some of he Grinches sadly passed on,
Sorry oldroaner, not had the pleasure :D
TONY
tipster

Postby Glenys » Fri Jul 28, 2017 10:19 am

:D :roll:
Lived Linacre Lane, Trinity Road & Knowsley Road.
Glenys

Postby bjones » Fri Jul 28, 2017 11:02 am

Bonesy wrote:Oh dear hear we go
Keith

I do hope it's not "here we go again" with a new Mr Negativity to, as Tony suggests, replace the Grinches who've passed away.
Silly post from O.R.R. best ignored, remember folk DON'T FEED THE TROLL!
Bee

bjones

Next

Return to Chat about anything with the Bootle Bucks