Tribute Bands

Join in here with our very own Bootle Chatterbox...

Tribute Bands

Postby ab » Sat Jun 10, 2017 10:39 am

:( :( Never been a great fan of Tribute Bands but as ELO are one of my favourites, and having read some good reviews, thought i,d take a look at the ELO Experience on at the Empire last thursday gone. I suppose I was a bit optimistic expecting anyone else to replicate the unique sound produced by Jeff Lynne and Company, but to say the least I was disappointed, and this is one experience I wont be repeating, The band tried their best but were not helped by the poor accoustics in the Empire, second part of the show was a bit of an improvement but overall it fell a bit flat and left me wishing that Lynne, Wood and Beven were still producing those fabulous sounds from their heydays :D :D
ab

Re: Tribute Bands

Postby filsgreen » Sat Jun 10, 2017 11:19 am

I think I may be alone with this opinion, but all these tribute bands are just very good karaoke musicians. I know members have enjoyed an Eagles tribute band.

I saw ELO at Bingley Hall in Stafford in 1978, needless to say they were brilliant. Jeff Lynne was on in London recently and he gave a great show alongside Richard Tandy. I would rather have the great memories, than pay to watch karaoke.
filsgreen

Postby Bonesy » Sat Jun 10, 2017 11:34 am

Phil, Oasis are the best Beatles tribute band ever :lol:

As you say Phil a few of us saw Talon the Eagles tribute, they were amazing, Karaoke they are not :D

Keith
SO MANY PEOPLE, MY FAMILY OF FRIENDS
Bonesy

Postby filsgreen » Sat Jun 10, 2017 11:53 am

As I've said Keith I know you like them, but in my opinion and by definition they are imitations of the real thing. You could argue that using my rationale, the Beatles were a karaoke band, copying the greats of rock and roll, but the difference is, they developed their own style and wrote their own songs. Talon have no style of their own and may never want to develop one, as long as they get crowds who are happy with their act. I know there is nothing really new under the sun, but it's just my opinion.
filsgreen

Postby john j connell » Sat Jun 10, 2017 11:55 am

With you on that one Phil, (I would rather have the great memories, than pay to watch karaoke).
It's not real. JJC.
john j connell

Postby Sheelagh Tequila » Sat Jun 10, 2017 1:24 pm

That`s why you didn`t like The Sound of Silence by Disturbed John..Brilliant to me.... but each to their own, and that is how it should be ............... Hope you enjoyed the election coverage :wink:

Sheelagh Tequila :D
Sheelagh Tequila

Postby Bonesy » Sat Jun 10, 2017 3:16 pm

Phil, of course they are imitations of the real thing and you knows that when you pays your money.
Even if I could afford the £120 x 2, plus spends to see The Eagles I wouldn't pay it. I would much rather see a group of extremely talented musicians who never fail to please for £25.

I always thought karaoke was singing along to pre recorded music :?

Looking forward to The Bootleg Beatles accompanied by the Liverpool Philharmonic Orchestra next month, now that will be some karaoke :D

Keith
SO MANY PEOPLE, MY FAMILY OF FRIENDS
Bonesy

Postby filsgreen » Sat Jun 10, 2017 4:07 pm

Totally your choice and I respect that, Keith. I get the impression that you like the Eagles music, rather than the actual band. So that changes the dynamic and therefore I agree to your argument, not that you need my endorsement of course :D :D And don't get me started on tthat bunch of upstarts, the RLPO :D :lol:
filsgreen

Return to Chat about anything with the Bootle Bucks