Info on delivery companies

Join in here with our very own Bootle Chatterbox...

Info on delivery companies

Postby Sheelagh Tequila » Tue Jun 06, 2017 11:39 am

Hi all. When I receive deliveries from i.e. Amazon, Marks and Spencer, Asda etc it is always the same driver. Is there an umbrella company who deals with all the drivers..... Any information would be greatly appreciated .

Many thanks

Sheelagh Tequila :D
Sheelagh Tequila

Re: Info on delivery companies

Postby Bernie R » Tue Jun 06, 2017 10:42 pm

Sheelagh

Many suppliers use the same couriers such as Yodel or Hermes - some drivers better than others.

Hope that helps?

Bern
Born and raised in Romeo Street, later Lambeth Walk, Jersey Close, Garden Place, Hawthorne Rd, Gonville Rd now Netherton
Bernie R

Postby bjones » Wed Jun 07, 2017 6:31 am

Yep Sheelagh, what Bernie said. These firms seem to take on people using their own cars to deliver small parcels in their local neighbourhoods.
If you always get the same delivery driver it might be that only one of the courier companies operate in your area. Have a look at the labels next time you get a delivery and I expect you'll find that no matter who you've bought from they've used Hermes or Yodel for smaller parcels.... a bit like the Royal Mail but probably cheaper for the sender.
Bee

"Life" is a gift to you. The way you live your life is your gift to those who come after.
bjones

Postby Sheelagh Tequila » Wed Jun 07, 2017 8:52 am

Thanks Bernie and Bee, I just seem to see the same woman delivering everywhere, the car is always rammed with parcels so clearly plenty of work.

Sheelagh
Sheelagh Tequila

Postby Invicta » Wed Jun 07, 2017 9:05 am

A lot of them are franchises around here, usually Eastern European. One lad we've had for several years, he's from Bulgaria and is very reliable. Ken
Invicta

Postby Glenys » Wed Jun 07, 2017 1:17 pm

Sheelagh,

If she is the same one who delivers to me, her name is Sheila!!
Lived Linacre Lane, Trinity Road & Knowsley Road.
Glenys

Postby Sheelagh Tequila » Wed Jun 07, 2017 1:58 pm

Oooh I know Glenys and she doesnt like delivering, .... drops everything for the gym in our porch, convenient for her but soooo inconvenient for us. J pays delivery charges like everybody else and is often waiting for the goods. Her complaint is she doesn`t get paid enough and she once got a ticket, I wonder how other drivers deliver, its a very busy shopping area isn`t it ?

Rant over
Sheelagh Tequila
Sheelagh Tequila

Postby graham01 » Wed Jun 07, 2017 8:42 pm

i have a parcel delivery service in my shop serviced by yodel,some days it looks more like a post office than an offie.sheila sometimes drops off a parcel at my place that has dropped out of the system or arrived late at their depot in warrington.you would think that christmas would be the busiest time of year but believe it or not the busiest time is the week before the grand national.it seems the ladies order 3 dresses in 3 colours and in 3 sizes.most get returned the following week.my company gets good comission from when the customer picks up and drops off their returns.at the end of the day it means a lot of hard work but it helps to pay the bills...graham..
origin waterloo.present and future bootle.
graham01

Return to Chat about anything with the Bootle Bucks