Enoch Powell and Brexit

Join in here with our very own Bootle Chatterbox...

Enoch Powell and Brexit

Postby beardedpapa » Mon May 15, 2017 10:18 am

Came across this YouTube video that I thought interesting in view of the looming Brexit ( which I agree with by the way)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dc26aTCwyYM

Beardedpapa
Born in Walton Hospital, lived in Bala St and then Bowden St Litherland. Now in Brisbane Australia
beardedpapa

Re: Enoch Powell and Brexit

Postby walter raybould » Wed May 17, 2017 2:53 pm

It was sad to see this documentary,where Enoch was obviously late into his dotage, However in my younger days i admired the Man and like many, thought he was the best PM we never had. His" Rivers of Blood "speech is still to this day regarded as one of the most prophetic speeches ever heard. There will no doubt , be his detractors on this Forum, but that is to be expected. I have just heard a speech from Nigel Farage, addressing the EU, he too is a Man who says it as it is, to hell with the Politically Correct Brigade. Cheers beardedpapa. :)
walter raybould

Postby Shelagh » Fri May 19, 2017 8:43 am

Enoch Powell..what can I say, politician with a difference..very open and honest, displayed true conviction, a gifted poet, brilliant speech-maker, a man to be admired..
Pity he was on the wrong side..couldn't agree with any of his policies, but have to admit.....
Enoch was certainly a one off, never to be forgotten :)

Other politicians to be admired (my opinion of course) Tony Benn..Barbara Castle!

This lot we have now, can't hold a candle to those of the past..it's all about self image :roll:
Paul Nuttall..terrible in last nights debate, but not half as bad as the coward (Theresa May) who wont even bother to turn up for a debate...what on earth is she scared of..what has she got to hide???
Shelagh

Postby walter raybould » Fri May 19, 2017 10:17 am

Have to agree Shelagh with much of what you state, Paul Nuttall comes across as a Political Pygmy. He will have cost UKIP many votes,as will Dianne Abbot with Labour. Corbyn And May have a debate on SKY News, in a couple of days. This next Election, could be the most decisive in many ways, with or without the input of the Brexit debate. 8)
walter raybould

Postby Shelagh » Fri May 19, 2017 12:32 pm

Thanks Walter..should be interesting :)
Shelagh

Return to Chat about anything with the Bootle Bucks