L'Pool and Everton FCs'..Rich Immigrants.

Join in here with our very own Bootle Chatterbox...

L'Pool and Everton FCs'..Rich Immigrants.

Postby Ernie Jackson. (Bunty) » Mon Mar 13, 2017 4:54 pm

Burnley versus The Rest of the World.

[u]Liverpool.[/u]

Mignolet
Clyne
Matip
Klavan
Milner
Wijnaldum
Mané
Origi
Coutinho

[u]Burnley
[/u]

Heaton
Lowton
Keane
Mee
Ward
Boyd
Barton
Hendrick
Arfield
Barnes
Gray

Read the names folks.

These are the names of the teams that started at Anfield on Sunday.

Who are the immigrants?

Liverpool supporters sing to them and revere them. Yet, on this site we get severe criticism of immigrants on one hand and the rich on the other hand. These players are both, no doubt about it. Yet they are worshipped by YOU.

This Liverpool team, and the vast majority of top football teams, including Everton, are all revered by their fanaticals, and that includes YOU. Even the managers are Immigrants.

Whatever happened to Shankly, Kendal, Stubbins Liddell and Balmer. All BRITISH.

However did we come down to money and immigrants and yet are blind to it.

It is all so sad. (in my opinion)
Ernie Jackson. (Bunty)

Re: L'Pool and Everton FCs'..Rich Immigrants.

Postby Brunnyboy » Mon Mar 13, 2017 10:08 pm

one of the reasons I stopped going lets hope brexit stops them coming to play and manage here and give british ago they were good enough 30 years ago
Brunnyboy

Postby Ernie Jackson. (Bunty) » Mon Mar 13, 2017 10:16 pm

I suppose it's like smoking. You know its not right but can't stop it. :roll: :roll:
Ernie Jackson. (Bunty)

Postby Brunnyboy » Mon Mar 13, 2017 10:55 pm

a lot of them are average footballers on lots of money look at one of the big teams arsenal hammered by the germans says it all
Brunnyboy

Postby Bernie R » Tue Mar 14, 2017 9:18 am

...but, were all the Bayern players German???
I think not!
It's not just us in the England - it's modern football.
Born and raised in Romeo Street, later Lambeth Walk, Jersey Close, Garden Place, Hawthorne Rd, Gonville Rd now Netherton
Bernie R

Postby Brunnyboy » Tue Mar 14, 2017 9:44 am

it should british players only in the prem. germans only in there league ect and no one from outside of Europe allowed in any of them they are only here for cash they don't care about anything else
Brunnyboy

Postby smoked out » Tue Mar 14, 2017 11:24 am

Times certainly have changed things , it used to be the black players that should not be allowed to play , now its IMMIGRANTS , WHITE BLACK BROWN OR YELLOW , not by chance of birth born here in good old blighty , on your way , they are here because they are the better at playing the game I would imagine or lets say its the foreign managers slowly importing wrong uns into the country for nefarious reasons , 1966 was a very very long time ago and it aint coming back
Here for entertainment
smoked out

Postby Bernie R » Tue Mar 14, 2017 11:47 am

So, are we really saying that the likes of Messi, Neymar and Suarez (for all his ills) should never have seen the light of day (football wise) off the continent of South America.

Or, ignoring the curent crop, that we in England should never have had the chance to enjoy watching the likes of Thierry Henry, Eric Cantona, Xabi Alonso, David Ginola or Denis Bergkamp (among many others)?

Of course they came for the cash but also to play in what is vaunted to be the best league in the world.

As Smoked says, 1966 was a long time ago and we've all moved on (or maybe some of us have?).

Bern
Born and raised in Romeo Street, later Lambeth Walk, Jersey Close, Garden Place, Hawthorne Rd, Gonville Rd now Netherton
Bernie R

Postby Ernie Jackson. (Bunty) » Tue Mar 14, 2017 12:05 pm

My post wasn't intended to be racist...simply to note tat there seemed to be a little hypocrisy in that generally immigrants are not welcome (Brexit) unless it SUITS us (Soccer).

Personally I believe that some British players have become more skilful due to having to compete with players coming in from abroad but many others are limited in their progress due to this influx. Ready made top players come at a great price so prices have escalated accordingly in all aspects of our National game. So much so that some fans can't afford to pay ever increasing admission fees.

If Brexit stops this influx then, in time, British players will generally improve. It would follow that we might then have a more skilful and competitive National side. I doubt if Everton/Liverpool fans would cease to support, whatever the make up of their teams.

So why are some teams more likely to win trophies? What is the real reason for Liverpool having the edge on Everton? Why have Manchester City ceased to be the local derby underdogs?

The great players named by Bernie may not have been known but for the present system and their skills may not have been honed if they hadn't been able to mix with the other, non British, elite..

Maybe, just maybe, given the chance, home grown superstars would have been created.
Ernie Jackson. (Bunty)

Postby bjones » Tue Mar 14, 2017 12:17 pm

This thread reminds me of my dad compaining in the 1960s and 70s that hardly any of the Liverpool or Everton players come from our city.
Bee

"Life" is a gift to you. The way you live your life is your gift to those who come after.
bjones

Postby Eddy Lloyd » Tue Mar 14, 2017 12:54 pm

I'm a football supporter end of. :)
Eddy Lloyd

Postby Bonesy » Tue Mar 14, 2017 2:07 pm

Does it really matter what country or ethnic background footballers come from ? that is the nature of things in 2017. I think any football supporter would agree the wages they are paid is outrageous, but again that`s the way it is, its the world we live in. :D

Keith
SO MANY PEOPLE, MY FAMILY OF FRIENDS
Bonesy

Postby Ernie Jackson. (Bunty) » Tue Mar 14, 2017 2:30 pm

Does it really matter what country or ethnic background immigrants come from ? that is the nature of things in 2017.

I think any football supporter would agree the wages they are paid is outrageous, but again that`s the way it is, its the world we live in. :D

I have simply copied and pasted the post from Bonesy but altered a single word. Immigrants and footballers are one and the same which is the point of my initial post and now we are following the Brexit policy then 'the world we live in' will never be the same. We don't know what it will be.

Eddy, you only gave half an answer. The other half is whether or not you support non-football immigrants?

We are prone to generalise the subject of this problem when there are good and bad in all of us, both through skills and otherwise.
Ernie Jackson. (Bunty)

Postby Eddy Lloyd » Tue Mar 14, 2017 4:09 pm

There has to be some control over immigration preferably like in Australia, they have to contribute desired skills and experience also sponsored before being allowed in.
Eddy Lloyd

Postby smoked out » Tue Mar 14, 2017 8:18 pm

Footballers and immigrants one and the same you have stated ,not a lot can be said about that to you unfortunately , its your opinion and one I have certainly not come across before and doubt I will again .. But good effort at the troll title left behind and vacant now the messiah has fallen.
Here for entertainment
smoked out

Postby Brunnyboy » Tue Mar 14, 2017 9:39 pm

The brexit vote was voted in over the amount of immigrants coming here to work no matter what forum yo go on it is people moaning about them no matter what country they are moaning about the same things
Brunnyboy

Postby Brunnyboy » Tue Mar 14, 2017 9:42 pm

The European Union will collapse over it
Brunnyboy

Postby smoked out » Tue Mar 14, 2017 10:17 pm

Lets hope so , some good things came about during our taking part but the whole thing is turning into something that we never joined or were we asked if it was what we wanted , probably they never asked us because they knew the answer they would have been given had they been open and truthful
Here for entertainment
smoked out

Postby Ernie Jackson. (Bunty) » Tue Mar 14, 2017 11:08 pm

I have brought up this subject as I thought it would create some interest and my thought has proven positive. There have been some great contributions both for and against.
I brought this subject up not an opinion at all but a subject raised to create healthy discussion.

But the fact remains that the only footballers who are not immigrants are born British.

I can't understand the insinuation that I am trolling but I do believe that 'you know who' is far from gone' simply taking a second breath and working out what other name he can think up. But that is another subject and is nothing to do with what is a healthy debate.

There are two sides to every debate and I would have thought that a good reply to it would have been......soccer players contribute to our society and our enjoyment whether they are immigrants or not and as such should be welcomed.
Ernie Jackson. (Bunty)

Postby bjones » Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:31 am

Reading through this thread it occurs to me that the matter could be expanded.... why do so many of us drive foreign cars, watch Japanese televisions and use chinese computers and phones? Could it simply be that we prefer the performance of these items and that footballers are also just "consumables"?
If this is the case then is it not inappropriate to compare the EU open borders with the "head hunting" of specific footy players by UK teams. Whilst it is acknowledged that immigration was ONE of the matters considered by most people when voting, Brexit was not a vote against immigration per se but rather a wish for control.
As has been said;
Eddy Lloyd wrote:There has to be some control over immigration preferably like in Australia, they have to contribute desired skills and experience also sponsored before being allowed in.
Bee

"Life" is a gift to you. The way you live your life is your gift to those who come after.
bjones

Postby Ernie Jackson. (Bunty) » Fri Mar 17, 2017 11:41 am

Totally agree. Eddy,s suggestion makes so much sense. Of course the Government will never accept the obvious. :roll:
Ernie Jackson. (Bunty)

Postby WatsonTommy » Thu Mar 23, 2017 12:13 pm

the GHURKAS had to fight for british citizen ship
WatsonTommy

Postby WatsonTommy » Thu Mar 23, 2017 12:28 pm

WatsonTommy wrote:the GHURKAS had to fight for british citizen ship
money talks if you can a ballon around :roll:
WatsonTommy

Postby WatsonTommy » Thu Mar 23, 2017 2:19 pm

WatsonTommy wrote:
money talks if you can kick a ballon around :roll:
WatsonTommy

Postby WatsonTommy » Thu Mar 23, 2017 8:10 pm

:( need a new keyboard i think :( its my eye sight keep walking into pubs :D also i didnt no she was my wife till i was on top off her :D
WatsonTommy

Postby graham » Fri Mar 24, 2017 11:47 pm

Read quickly the comments re foreign player in the EPL. In the top ten clubs how many have English managers/coaches also how many have foreign owners???????
graham

Return to Chat about anything with the Bootle Bucks