vile torys

Join in here with our very own Bootle Chatterbox...

vile torys

Postby Brunnyboy » Sat Mar 04, 2017 11:54 am

Brunnyboy

Re: vile torys

Postby Ernie Jackson. (Bunty) » Sat Mar 04, 2017 6:17 pm

Brunny.

The Government, whoever they are, have to pay our way, just like anyone who has household bills. You can only spend what you have. If you ain't got it then you have to do without something, or go into even more debt.

It is a well known fact that the last Labour Government cocked the finances up and we are still trying to recover.

Greece failed to do this and look where they are now?

I would not know where to make cuts that would suit our 60 odd million and I know that whatever the 'vile' Tories do will not be suitable for everyone.

I think you should refer to 'Vile Government' as, like I say, whoever they are they will not suit everyone.
Ernie Jackson. (Bunty)

Postby filsgreen » Sat Mar 04, 2017 6:40 pm

Whilst I agree that we have to cut our cloth accordingly, Ernie, what I can't understand is that the Govt.can find the money to pay for the Afghan war. If the country is that hard up that it can't help our young men and women, how did it find the £37 billion to fund the Afghan war.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2013/ ... -37bn-book

I would agree with your assertion that both Governments are as bad as each other. All of these so called cost cutting measures do not impinge on any member of the present and previous Government, they are isolated from the misery their punitive laws create.

The problem these days is that many working class people don't identify with the poor persons problems. I remember leaving school at 16 and getting unemployment benefit, which helped my parents. People who leave school now have to depend on their parents until they find a job, which impacts on them and their parents.

The dog eat dog society has turned on itself and not many people seem to care for their neighbours and communities.

On the point of concern for public spending, why is the UK concerned with the deficit, America certainly aren't worried about theirs. Here are the figures for federal spending.

Total Federal Outlays: $3.85 trillion
Total Federal Receipts: $3.27 trillion
Federal Deficit: $587 billion
Total Federal Debt: $19.5 trillion
Details of Budgeted vs. Actual Outlays for FY 2016

Here is an item of their expenditure. Each one of these nuclear powered aircraft carriers is surrounded by ten assorted surface ships and a submarine. Oh and they each have around sixty aircraft on them.

NAVY.MIL HOME PAGE
Navy.mil Home Page

AIRCRAFT CARRIERS - CVN

Description
Aircraft carriers are the centerpiece of America's Naval forces. On any given day, aircraft carriers exercise the Chief of Naval Operations (CNO) Navigation Directions of Warfighting First, Being Ready and Operating Forward.

Features
The aircraft carrier continues to be the centerpiece of the forces necessary for operating forward. In times of crisis, the first question leaders ask is: "Where are the carriers?" Often the presence of an aircraft carrier has deterred potential adversaries from striking against U.S. interests. Aircraft carriers support and operate aircraft that engage in attacks on airborne, afloat, and ashore targets that threaten free use of the sea and engage in sustained power projection operations in support of U.S. and coalition forces. The aircraft carrier and its strike group also engage in maritime security operations to interdict threats to merchant shipping and prevent the use of the seas for terrorism and piracy. Aircraft carriers also provide unique capabilities for disaster response and humanitarian assistance. The embarked carrier air wing provides helicopters for direct support and C4I assets to support them and ensure aid is routed quickly and safely. The 10 Nimitz-class aircraft carriers are the largest warships in the world, each designed for an approximately 50-year service life with just a single mid-life refueling. USS Nimitz (CVN 68), USS Dwight D. Eisenhower (CVN 69), USS Carl Vinson (CVN 70), and USS Theodore Roosevelt (CVN 71) have all completed their refueling complex overhauls (RCOH) at Newport News, Virginia, with USS Abraham Lincoln (CVN 72) having commenced RCOH in 2013. The next generation of aircraft carrier, the Gerald R. Ford-class (CVN 78) was ordered in September 2008 and is slated to be delivered in 2017 as the force structure replacement for USS Enterprise (CVN 65), which inactivated in 2012.

Gerald R. Ford-class
The Gerald R. Ford-class is the future aircraft carrier replacement class for Enterprise and Nimitz-class aircraft carriers. The lead ship, Gerald R. Ford (CVN 78), is scheduled to be delivered in 2017. The Gerald R. Ford-class will be the premier forward asset for crisis response and early decisive striking power in a major combat operation. Gerald R. Ford-class aircraft carriers and carrier strike groups will provide the core capabilities of forward presence, deterrence, sea control, power projection, maritime security and humanitarian assistance. The class brings improved warfighting capability, quality of life improvements for our Sailors and reduced total ownership costs.

Improvements aboard Ford will be carried forward to the next two carriers of the FORD Class: John F. Kennedy (CVN 79) and Enterprise (CVN 80). Each ship in the new class will save nearly $4 billion in total ownership costs during its 50-year service life, compared to the NIMITZ-class. The CVN 78 is designed to operate effectively with almost 700 fewer crew members than a CVN 68-class ship. Improvements in the ship design will also allow the embarked air wing to operate with fewer personnel. New technologies and ship design features are expected to reduce watch standing and maintenance workload for the crew. Gerald R. Ford is the first aircraft carrier designed with all electric utilities, eliminating steam service lines from the ship, reducing maintenance requirements and improving corrosion control. The new A1B reactor, Electromagnetic Aircraft Launch System (EMALS), Advanced Arresting Gear (AAG), and Dual Band Radar (DBR) all offer enhanced capability with reduced manning. The Gerald R. Ford-class is designed to maximize the striking power of the embarked carrier air wing. The ship's systems and configuration are optimized to maximize the sortie generation rate (SGR) of attached strike aircraft, resulting in a 33 percent increase in SGR over the Nimitz- class. The ship's configuration and electrical generating plant are designed to accommodate new systems, including direct energy weapons, during its 50-year service life. The Gerald R. Ford-class builds upon the Navy's legacy of aircraft carrier innovation, stretching back to the first aircraft carrier, USS Langley (CV-1) and continuing to the present day. The introduction of jet aircraft, angled decks and nuclear power were all innovations that kept the fleet as relevant for Cold War needs as it is today. Gerald R. Ford continues the aircraft carrier history of innovation and adaptability that will enable her to serve our country for decades to come.

Carrier Air Wing (CVW)

Point Of Contact
Naval Sea Systems Command
Office of Corporate Communications
Washington, D.C. 20376

General Characteristics, Nimitz class
Builder: Huntington Ingalls Industries Newport News Shipbuilding Co., Newport News, Virginia
Date Deployed: May 3, 1975 (USS Nimitz).
Unit Cost: About $8.5 billion in constant year FY 12 dollars.
Propulsion: Two nuclear reactors, four shafts.
Length: 1,092 feet (332.85 meters).
Beam: 134 feet (40.84 meters); Flight Deck Width: 252 feet (76.8 meters).
Displacement: Approximately 97,000 tons (87,996.9 metric tons) full load.
Speed: 30+ knots (34.5+ miles per hour).
Crew: Ship's Company: 3,000-3,200, air wing: 1,500, other: 500.
Armament: Multiple NATO Sea Sparrow, Phalanx CIWS and Rolling Airframe Missile (RAM) mounts.
Aircraft: Approximately 60+.
Ships:
USS Nimitz (CVN 68), Bremerton, Washington
USS Dwight D. Eisenhower (CVN 69), Norfolk, Virginia
USS Carl Vinson (CVN 70), San Diego, California
USS Theodore Roosevelt (CVN 71), San Diego, California
USS Abraham Lincoln (CVN 72), Newport News, Virginia
USS George Washington (CVN 73), Norfolk, Virginia
USS John C. Stennis (CVN 74), Bremerton, Washington
USS Harry S. Truman (CVN 75), Norfolk, Virginia
USS Ronald Reagan (CVN 76), Yokosuka, Japan
USS George H.W. Bush (CVN 77), Norfolk, Virginia

General Characteristics, Gerald R. Ford class
Builder: Huntington Ingalls Industries Newport News Shipbuilding, Newport News, Virginia.
Propulsion: Two nuclear reactors, four shafts.
Length: 1,092 feet
Beam: 134 feet, Flight Deck Width: 256 feet.
Displacement: approximately 100,000 long tons full load.
Speed: 30+ knots (34.5+ miles per hour)
Crew: 4,539 (ship, air wing and staff).
Armament: Evolved Sea Sparrow Missile, Rolling Airframe Missile, CIWS.
Aircraft: 75+.
Ships:
PCU Gerald R. Ford (CVN 78)
PCU John F. Kennedy (CVN 79)

Last Update: 31 January 2017
filsgreen

Re: vile torys BRUMMY STOP SWEARING

Postby WatsonTommy » Sat Mar 04, 2017 10:23 pm

TORY :| use to be a swear word in Bootle
WatsonTommy

Postby lily8 » Sun Mar 05, 2017 2:36 am

You talk a lot of sense Phil :D
Lily
lily8

Postby Ernie Jackson. (Bunty) » Sun Mar 05, 2017 8:12 am

I also agreed with a lot you have written but I gave it some thought and saw that there are many more questions than answers. I looked deeper into it and need more answers. They aren't there.

You imply that we that we should be as America. The grass in the next field comes to mind.

I lived in the USA for many years and I promise that the general chat about politics was virtually the same as ours. The guy in the street is not happy with Governmental directions on whatever subject and whoever is in power. We all know that at the moment America is a very split and mixed up society, for a variety of reasons.

I consider myself fortunate in that generally our 'problems' are minimal when compared to theirs.

I am comfortable that this is my final home and in the best country in the World. Except for the weather. But we can't have green fields without rain, metaphorical or otherwise.

Society is a different matter. Bad kids make bad parents so the downward spiral is the same as the immigration problem. Immigration is here to stay and we are too late to do anything about it. Integration would help but seems impossible, although I served an Asian customer the other day who remarked that he didn't like Asians

You are from a different generation with different ideas and different ambitions.

The 16 year olds of today 'generally' are the society we have created. They all want work and they all want pay but 95% of the apprentices I wanted I cannot find because they want pay for being employed, not to learn, to work and have a future. Over the past sixteen years of all the many apprentices I have taken on only three applied them selves and are now good technicians.

You would not believe the tricks some have played. One kid signed a contract agreeing to work alternative Saturday mornings and failed to turn up on the first Saturday he was required. When asked on Monday his 'excuse' was that he had to go to the match. When his agreement was pointed out he said he had changed his mind and when pressed he said he had season ticket. He then said it was for West Brom???

Another, on interview, advised that if he got the apprenticeship he would have to be late few times a week as he lived three miles away???

I am so lucky to have have found three willing and interested kids in the sixteen years.

Today is today. Yesteryear was different. That is the way it is.

Single answers on single subjects do not address the downward spiral of society in general. Governmental errors are only part of it.
Ernie Jackson. (Bunty)

Postby Brunnyboy » Sun Mar 05, 2017 9:20 am

When I was an apprentice I got paid I was making the owner a profit so I wanted a share . Not make him richer and myself homeless because he would not pay me the torys want these kids out of were they live to house the immigrants hence the bedroom tax cap on benefits to get them out of the south of the country
Brunnyboy

Postby Ernie Jackson. (Bunty) » Sun Mar 05, 2017 9:52 am

Seems you had the wrong boss Brunny and your post is a generalisation. :roll:

Pugbitz is a very small company but our Google reviews from customers say it all. Our team and our customers like us and we like them. If anyone is off sick then I KNOW they are sick.

Fair days work for a fair days pay maybe old fashioned but it works well, as does our Laissez Faire management style.

Laissez Faire is a French term that means, “allow to pass” or “leave it be”. This management style is also known as delegative management. This management concept leaves little authority to the manager. Instead, all the members are given freedom to perform their tasks in whatever manner they choose. It is basically a hands-off approach, and one which believes that people, when left to perform their functions, will excel.
The Laissez Faire management approach is very liberated. The targets are given to the workers and they can use their own strategies on how to accomplish that. But despite the fact that it is a tolerant approach, the manager should be capable to deal with all aspects of the company. When a worker talks to him for guidance and feedback, he must able to come up with answers. A good manager also knows when to pull back and when to be there to guide and supervise.

Briefly...They don't take the p*** out of me and I don't take the p*** out of them.
Ernie Jackson. (Bunty)

Postby filsgreen » Sun Mar 05, 2017 10:16 am

My opinion referred to Govt.policies on benefits paid to school leavers since 1975 and Britain's austerity measures compared to the USA's public spending. And the indifference many working class people have towards their peers.

Your experience of the work ethic of todays youth has no bearing on these issue, neither is the opinion of Americans you've encountered. As neither of those things have any relevance on Govt.policy, post 1975.

Your believed i was stating that life was better in the USA because they spent more money couldn't be further from what i was trying to say. The point I was trying to make, was that the present Govt. is using the excuse of a budget deficit, to bring in measures designed to make the poor of this country even more downtrodden.

You state that my ambitions were different from yours when i was 16, up to a point I would agree. However, I've stated previously; I did not want to be a burden to my parents, thus I was glad the government gave me £5.85 each week, of which my mother received £5. Until I got a job eight weeks later. The youth of today do not enjoy that privilege until they are 21.

From reading your book and your posts on this forum, I believe you had similar ambitions, in that you did not want to penalise your parents financially and wanted to help them, so you found employment as soon as possible.

I would concur with you that there is an element of today's youth who want something for little effort. Although, you have some experience of this, do your experiences really reflect the attitude of all of today's youth?

Your example reminded me of a conversation I had with my mother the other day. She thinks that because her grandson spends a lot of time indoors, and what she sees on the TV, all of the kids spend their days on computers and playing video games.

You and my mother are not unique, many people think the experiences in their world and that of their peers, is what happens in real life. You only have to listen to the news, where people are interviewed on any topic, they reply " me and everyone I know does/doesn't do that".

They form opinions based on their own experience, which, most of the time, does not reflect reality. By the way, this is not my opinion, but research made by Sociologists.

Until I studied sociology at the university of Liverpool; I made sweeping statements about things I thought to be correct, because they were my experiences and supported by my friends, These days I try not to but I'm only human and it's difficult sometimes.

A Conservative may contend that the third paragraph is a sweeping statement as it's only what I believe, and that the Govt. really does want to reduce the budget deficit. Maybe it is, but it is also the opinion of millions of Labour supporters.
filsgreen

Postby filsgreen » Sun Mar 05, 2017 10:28 am

Ernie, I missed your next post, due to taking time writing my last one. I totally agree with your final statement. I fully endorse that attitude; I've found that in my small capacity as a manager, the trust I gave the people I worked with; I got back in spades.

Of course there are exceptions and there will be people who extract the urine. Most of the time, it could be deduced that in these instances, the manager will tar all of the employees with the same brush and give them no autonomy to display trust. Maybe that was the case where Alan worked.
filsgreen

Postby Ernie Jackson. (Bunty) » Sun Mar 05, 2017 10:44 am

Society is a different matter. Bad kids make bad parents so the downward spiral is the same as the immigration problem. Immigration is here to stay and we are too late to do anything about it. Integration would help but seems impossible, although I served an Asian customer the other day who remarked that he didn't like Asians

You are from a different generation with different ideas and different ambitions.

The 16 year olds of today 'generally' are the society we have created. They all want work and they all want pay but 95% of the apprentices I wanted I cannot find because they want pay for being employed, not to learn, to work and have a future. Over the past sixteen years of all the many apprentices I have taken on only three applied them selves and are now good technicians.

........................................................................................................................
The intention of the second paragraph here was to state that you are from a different generation to them rather than from me. Another example of how a different context can be read to that intended. But nevertheless you were much better to your parents than was I and I still seriously regret that.

Everyone could get a job when I was a kid. You will have read that I had little or no education and several very short term jobs before I was twenty. That was prior to my realising I was going nowhere and so embarked on a career.

I remember once being told that friends should not debate religion or politics. Seems I had forgotten that on both counts. :oops: :oops: :oops:

(This crossed your last message too. I will post it anyway as it seems appropriate.)
Ernie Jackson. (Bunty)

Postby filsgreen » Sun Mar 05, 2017 11:22 am

Alan, your opinion is valid, however, have you thought that maybe the present Govt. is taking the housing benefit away, so that the parents have to support their children until they are at least 21? I would contend that there would have to be extreme issues, before a parent would make their child homeless.

Yes, there is a housing problem and yes, immigration does appear to have exacerbated the situation. However, geographic location is not really the problem.

I would contend that the majority of immigrants are housed in the poorer areas of the south and in council estates, therefore they are not really an issue for the people who wield the power, or have money. If by chance the poor were living in Chigley, Notting Hill or Chelsea, then your contention would have merit.
filsgreen

Postby Shelagh » Sun Mar 05, 2017 12:38 pm

WHO NEEDS QUESTION TIME :)

Well reasoned debate delivered by Ernie and Phil :wink:
Shelagh

Postby Brunnyboy » Mon Mar 06, 2017 3:37 pm

So it's ok for these young people to support the country in times of war but the country will not support them when it is needed
Brunnyboy

Postby Ernie Jackson. (Bunty) » Mon Mar 06, 2017 5:17 pm

WHAT young people support their country in times of war??? Certainly not volunteers.

Depends which era you refer to.

My old feller volunteered to fight for his country when he was fourteen. How many queues will form to volunteer to fight for their country now??

This is just a single reply to a single question. NOT an answer to modern problems and certainly nothing to do with benefits but rather an opinion of the general apathy and what's in it for me attitude that seems to be accepted these days.
Ernie Jackson. (Bunty)

Postby Brunnyboy » Mon Mar 06, 2017 8:15 pm

would you fight for your country these days I no would not they get left homeless for the invading immigrants to have there homes
Brunnyboy

Postby Brunnyboy » Sat Mar 11, 2017 12:49 am

Stealth tax is what these Tory scum are doing evil people who pick on the lower earners
Brunnyboy

Return to Chat about anything with the Bootle Bucks