Furniture Bargains Heads Up

Join in here with our very own Bootle Chatterbox...
Bonesy

I just love a bargain.
We had decided we needed new sofas for our living room its been 17 years or more since we last bought new ones :shock: and back then it was called a couch or a settee :lol:
When we started looking last week we went around the usual suspects DFS, FCS, Harveys, John Lewis and couldnt believe cost for something that might last 5 years.
Then a friend recommended Lawtons Furniture with branches in Birkinhead, Chorley and Flint. We went to the Chorley one as its closer to home.

Lawtons sell cancelled orders & recently discontinued lines from M & S, John Lewis, Next & Laura Ashley. We got an absolute bargain , 2 x 3 seat sofas from M & S that should have been £2,300 for £800 and gets delivered on Wednesday.

Unfortunately their website http://www.lawtonsfurniture.co.uk/ doesn`t have prices you have to go to a showroom to find out but if you are looking for living, dining or bedroom furniture its well worth a visit. :wink:

Keith
filsgreen

Thanks for the heads up, Keith.
Ernie Jackson. (Bunty)

There are bargains everywhere if you can find them. I have a dining suite that is as new and cost just under £3k. I have advertised it at £400 and nobody wants it. It's true but it seems nobody believes me? :roll:
WatsonTommy

go and see bouncybob in the HERCULANIUM DOCK just past the pier head
Bonesy

Ernie Jackson. (Bunty) wrote:There are bargains everywhere if you can find them. I have a dining suite that is as new and cost just under £3k. I have advertised it at £400 and nobody wants it. It's true but it seems nobody believes me? :roll:
Ernie, no matter what something has cost nobody wants to pay hundreds for second hand furniture not even if it is quality :roll:

Keith
filsgreen

I don't know, Keith, Thomas Chippendale didn't do too bad :D
Bonesy

Phil, :lol: :lol: :lol:
Ernie Jackson. (Bunty)

:lol: :lol: :lol:
bjones

filsgreen wrote:I don't know, Keith, Thomas Chippendale didn't do too bad :D
Love it Phil :lol:

As regards second hand furniture I recently sold a good wooden chest of drawers for almost as much as I paid for it but had a similar experience to Ernie with a dining suite. Lovely set in a style still available new. I couldn't sell it for a fraction of the cost. Probably has more to do with the current open-plan living trend; people no longer want to dedicate a room to dining when they're happy to eat in the kitchen.
Just a word of caution on Lawtons; we bought a couple of nests of tables from them in 2007 and were told we could order a matching tv stand and that they'd let us know when it came in...... we're still waiting. So yes, great for a bargain but unless they have all pieces you want in stock then don't count on getting matching items from them.
Bee

"Life" is a gift to you. The way you live your life is your gift to those who come after.
Dan

Bonesy wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2017 2:13 pm I just love a bargain.
We had decided we needed new sofas for our living room its been 17 years or more since we last bought new ones :shock: and back then it was called a couch or a settee :lol:
When we started looking last week we went around the usual suspects DFS, FCS, Harveys, John Lewis and couldnt believe cost for something that might last 5 years.
Then a friend recommended Lawtons Furniture with branches in Birkinhead, Chorley and Flint. We went to the Chorley one as its closer to home.

Lawtons sell cancelled orders & recently discontinued lines from M & S, John Lewis, Next & Laura Ashley. We got an absolute bargain , 2 x 3 seat sofas from M & S that should have been £2,300 for £800 and gets delivered on Wednesday.

Unfortunately their website http://www.lawtonsfurniture.co.uk/ doesn`t have prices you have to go to a showroom to find out but if you are looking for living, dining or bedroom furniture its well worth a visit. :wink:

Keith
Never knew what Laura Ashley looked like. Thought she would have been Jane Austen's double. Wrong again.