christianity

Join in here with our very own Bootle Chatterbox...

christianity

Postby Brunnyboy » Thu Feb 16, 2017 6:45 pm

is Christianity coming to an end like the roman empire all great empires come to the end less people go to church loads have been demolished and none taking there place
Brunnyboy
 
Posts: 1437
Joined: Tue Dec 02, 2008 9:39 pm

Re: christianity

Postby Dott_of_8 » Fri Feb 17, 2017 4:40 am

brunnyboy,

No, and I will tell you why.

Romans 10:9-13
because, if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For with the heart one believes and is justified, and with the mouth one confesses and is saved. For the Scripture says, “Everyone who believes in him will not be put to shame.” For there is no distinction between Jew and Greek; for the same Lord is Lord of all, bestowing his riches on all who call on him. For “everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.”

and

Romans 10:12-13
For there is no distinction between Jew and Greek; for the same Lord is Lord of all, bestowing his riches on all who call on him. For “everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.”

and

Ephesians 2:8-9
For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast.

Therefore only believers will be saved - regardless of rank, wealth, what you have done or nationality

God Bless the Bootle Forum
User avatar
Dott_of_8
 
Posts: 72
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2017 2:14 am

Re: christianity

Postby smoked out » Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:00 am

So less and less going to church tells you they are believers ? I hear more and more saying it is all rubbish and they don't go to church , also it seems to me that many are choosing not to use a church at their death , many just have themselves taken direct to the crem or whatever as they have no belief .The religions are changing to fit in with whatever is flavour of the month , gay marriage and homosexuality seems to be in flavour and favour this month.
Here for entertainment
smoked out
 
Posts: 1097
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2008 12:38 am

Re: christianity

Postby Dott_of_8 » Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:14 pm

Hello smoked out,

My answer to your question is...

No, the faith that is mentioned in the verses I posted does not depend on sitting in a building. Furthermore, the faith that is mentioned in the same verses is the foundation of a relationship between the Creator and His Children...

And to your comment...

Romans 10:13
For “everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.”

And...

1John 3:1-3 (ESV)
See what kind of love the Father has given to us, that we should be called children of God; and so we are. The reason why the world does not know us is that it did not know him. Beloved, we are God's children now, and what we will be has not yet appeared; but we know that when he appears we shall be like him, because we shall see him as he is. And everyone who thus hopes in him purifies himself as he is pure.


God Bless the Bootle Forum
User avatar
Dott_of_8
 
Posts: 72
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2017 2:14 am

Re: christianity

Postby Brunnyboy » Sat Feb 18, 2017 1:14 am

I only see the suffering this god allows not very nice
Brunnyboy
 
Posts: 1437
Joined: Tue Dec 02, 2008 9:39 pm

Re: christianity

Postby Dott_of_8 » Sat Feb 18, 2017 2:30 am

Sin is the cause of suffering....

You are free to love God or hate God

Keep reading in 1John...

1John: 3:4-10
Everyone who makes a practice of sinning also practices lawlessness; sin is lawlessness. You know that he appeared in order to take away sins, and in him there is no sin. No one who abides in him keeps on sinning; no one who keeps on sinning has either seen him or known him. Little children, let no one deceive you. Whoever practices righteousness is righteous, as he is righteous. Whoever makes a practice of sinning is of the devil, for the devil has been sinning from the beginning. The reason the Son of God appeared was to destroy the works of the devil. No one born of God makes a practice of sinning, for God's seed abides in him; and he cannot keep on sinning, because he has been born of God. By this it is evident who are the children of God, and who are the children of the devil: whoever does not practice righteousness is not of God, nor is the one who does not love his brother.
User avatar
Dott_of_8
 
Posts: 72
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2017 2:14 am

Re: christianity

Postby Dott_of_8 » Sat Feb 18, 2017 4:37 am

Hello brunnyboy,

I could restate your last post as a question:

How could an all-powerful God allow any pain and suffering in the world?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Excerpts from CHARM
https://carm.org/if-god-all-powerful-an ... ring-world

"God has given us freedom of choice. Having this freedom means that we can rebel against God and make choices that are contrary to His desires. Since we can say that evil is anything contrary to God's perfect and holy will, then anyone who chooses anything contrary to God's perfection is committing evil. But this is the risk of being able to have freedom of choice. Evil and suffering are the result of making bad free choices. But how could this account for natural disasters and sickness that brings suffering? Biblically, Adam represented not only all of his descendents, but he was also the head of the created order since he was given dominion over the earth. Therefore, when he fell, sin entered into the world (Rom. 5:12) and with it the effects of being fallen spread to the earth as well as to humanity."

"Biblically, Adam represented not only all of his descendants, but he was also the head of the created order since he was given dominion over the earth. Therefore, when he fell, sin entered into the world (Rom. 5:12) and with it the effects of being fallen spread to the earth as well as to humanity."

"The question of stopping evil means that if God is to stop evil, then He must stop all evil. This means that the murderer must be stopped along with the thief. But it also means that thinking evil, which is in rebellion against God, must also be stopped as well; that is, if all evil is to be stopped. Therefore, for God to stop evil and suffering may very well mean that He must remove the ability for people to freely choose what they want to do. So, if God is going to stop evil, is He required to stop all of it or just some of it? If only some of it, then the question would still stand. If He stops all of it, would we be free?"
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Having said all of that,

Ultimately we, as His creation, are free to accept His free gift of love and enter into an eternal relationship with the "Father in Heaven" as His Children...
or to discard His free gift of love and run away from an eternal relationship to be eternally separated from Him.

Everyone must chose so my advice is to chose wisely.

I will be happy to answer any questions.

God Bless the Bootle Forum
User avatar
Dott_of_8
 
Posts: 72
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2017 2:14 am

Re: christianity

Postby nobert » Sat Feb 18, 2017 9:01 am

Is this Finnigan is disguise. ???????
nobert
 
Posts: 105
Joined: Thu Mar 23, 2006 7:20 pm
Location: isle of man

Re: christianity

Postby Brunnyboy » Sat Feb 18, 2017 9:34 am

Religion made by men to make money without working the biggest con of all time you can pray all you want no god there people have stopped giving money to places of worship so they get demolished now people come on the internet to brainwash gullible people the sooner people realise there is no god the world would be a happier place
Brunnyboy
 
Posts: 1437
Joined: Tue Dec 02, 2008 9:39 pm

Re: christianity

Postby Ernie Jackson. (Bunty) » Sat Feb 18, 2017 3:33 pm

WWW.OF EIGHT.

= WWW DOTT OF 12345678 (1.f. 2.i. 3n. 4n. 5.i. 6.g. 7.a. 8. n.

= WWW DOTT of Finnigan.

and then there were Three in One. Finn. Evan and Holy Dott.

Not a criticism. Not an argument. No aggro....just logic.
User avatar
Ernie Jackson. (Bunty)
 
Posts: 1146
Joined: Mon May 21, 2007 3:25 pm

Re: christianity

Postby henry » Sat Feb 18, 2017 6:26 pm

nobert wrote:Is this Finnigan is disguise. ???????

It's a certainty but he will not own up to it he's just like JUDAS a liar
Last edited by henry on Sat Feb 18, 2017 8:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HENRY BORN FLORIDA STREET OFF STRAND ROAD
henry
 
Posts: 2137
Joined: Tue Mar 21, 2006 6:45 pm

Re: christianity

Postby henry » Sat Feb 18, 2017 8:14 pm

henry wrote:
nobert wrote:Is this Finnigan is disguise. ???????

It's a certainty but he will not own up to it he's just like JUDAS a liar
HENRY BORN FLORIDA STREET OFF STRAND ROAD
henry
 
Posts: 2137
Joined: Tue Mar 21, 2006 6:45 pm

Re: christianity

Postby Shelagh » Sat Feb 18, 2017 9:03 pm

Just as Ernie says...no criticism, no argument, just stating a fact...
Brunny asks, is Christianity coming to an end, just like the Roman Empire :?
Don't think so, but if you mean, is Religion coming to an end, I would say yes :shock:
The Downfall of the Roman Empire was a symbolic prophecy, written in the book of Daniel, another symbolic prophecy is an end to false Religion!!
Seems that you are ahead of it all, you're prophecies are spot on :wink:

The comments I offer, are just pertaining to the book (Bible) no brainwashing!!
Many scholars have written books about biblical prophecy, including Sir Isaac Newton, (1733)
a very interesting study and a very interesting book!

Isaac Newton once accused the Roman Catholic Church of being the 'Great harlot'..Babylon The Great (false religion) the Catholic Church accused him of heresy and wanted him executed!!

The history of the Bible is fascinating..yet so many are in constant disagreement over its teaching...hardly surprising that people don't want to know!!

Don't have to believe in a Deity (God) don't have to disagree either....helpful to have a listening ear at times though :)

People will always blame God for mankind's problems, but the book clearly states that 'The the whole world is lying in the power of the "wicked one!"

May not be of much use to you Brunny, but that's the best I can come up with :)

(Sorry if this post causes uproar..just replying to initial post)
Shelagh
 
Posts: 2107
Joined: Sun Apr 05, 2015 3:40 pm

Re: christianity

Postby Dott_of_8 » Sun Feb 19, 2017 12:13 am

Hello brunnyboy,

Brunnyboy wrote:Religion made by men to make money without working the biggest con of all time you can pray all you want no god there people have stopped giving money to places of worship so they get demolished now people come on the internet to brainwash gullible people the sooner people realise there is no god the world would be a happier place


I agree except to add...

You are describing man's attempt to earn his way into heaven by doing things.
Also known as empty religion or religion of works.

If you review the verses that I posted earlier, you will see that they speak to God's work to make a way for man to get to heaven. Namely Jesus' finished work of the cross. God shows us mercy (not giving us the punishment that we do deserve) and offering us the free gift of grace (giving us what we do not deserve) -the forgiveness of sins.

Romans 6:23
For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.

God Bless the Bootle Forum
User avatar
Dott_of_8
 
Posts: 72
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2017 2:14 am

Re: christianity

Postby Dott_of_8 » Sun Feb 19, 2017 12:25 am

Hello Ernie Jackson. (Bunty),

I appreciate logic

Ernie Jackson. (Bunty) wrote:http://WWW.OF EIGHT.

= WWW DOTT OF 12345678 (1.f. 2.i. 3n. 4n. 5.i. 6.g. 7.a. 8. n.

= WWW DOTT of Finnigan.

and then there were Three in One. Finn. Evan and Holy Dott.

Not a criticism. Not an argument. No aggro....just logic.


But sadly you are just presenting a logical fallacy, namely
the Texas Sharpshooter Fallacy
You cherry-picked a data cluster to suit your argument, or found a pattern to fit a presumption.

Bravo,

God Bless the Bootle Forum
User avatar
Dott_of_8
 
Posts: 72
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2017 2:14 am

Re: christianity

Postby Dott_of_8 » Sun Feb 19, 2017 12:31 am

Hello nobert,

nobert wrote:Is this Finnigan is disguise. ???????


To answer your question...
No - I am Dott_of_8

(Who is "Finnigan"?)


God Bless the Bootle Forum
User avatar
Dott_of_8
 
Posts: 72
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2017 2:14 am

Re: christianity

Postby Dott_of_8 » Sun Feb 19, 2017 12:35 am

Hello henry,

Feel free to offer evidence to support your accusations about me.

Otherwise you are breaking the rules of this forum.

But for argument sake, you are just making an
Ad Hominem fallacy.
You attacked your opponent's character or personal traits in an attempt to undermine their argument.


God Bless the Bootle Forum
User avatar
Dott_of_8
 
Posts: 72
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2017 2:14 am

Re: christianity

Postby scotty » Sun Feb 19, 2017 4:02 am

Finneegan, I think you have just been OUTED. :oops: :oops: :oops:
All gave some
Some gave all
scotty
 
Posts: 884
Joined: Tue Dec 21, 2010 5:37 pm

Re: christianity

Postby Dott_of_8 » Sun Feb 19, 2017 5:06 am

Hello scotty,

Who is Finneegan?

And what does his/her being "OUTED" have to do with Brunnyboy's OP?


God Bless the Bootle Forum
User avatar
Dott_of_8
 
Posts: 72
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2017 2:14 am

Re: christianity

Postby scotty » Sun Feb 19, 2017 9:23 am

Sorry Fineeeegan, I can't talk to you any more till you start telling the truth.Very unchristianlike to tell lies
All gave some
Some gave all
scotty
 
Posts: 884
Joined: Tue Dec 21, 2010 5:37 pm

Re: christianity

Postby Brunnyboy » Sun Feb 19, 2017 10:05 am

We all no it's you Finn all you do is keep posting bits of a book the question is the Christian Era coming to the end with another religion to take over
Brunnyboy
 
Posts: 1437
Joined: Tue Dec 02, 2008 9:39 pm

Re: christianity

Postby Dott_of_8 » Sun Feb 19, 2017 1:18 pm

Hello Brunnyboy,

You are correct

The false religion of works is being overrun by another false religion of works.

Those who are saved by faith through grace are unaffected
Faith does not happen because...
- a person sits in a pew
- give large sums of money to charity
- dress in religious clothing/uniforms
- celebrate holidays such as "Easter, Thanksgiving or Christmas"

As I have posted earlier
Romans 10:9-13
because, if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For with the heart one believes and is justified, and with the mouth one confesses and is saved. For the Scripture says, “Everyone who believes in him will not be put to shame.” For there is no distinction between Jew and Greek; for the same Lord is Lord of all, bestowing his riches on all who call on him. For “everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.”

BTW...
the Quran says that the "People of the Book" (Those who are saved by Grace through Faith) will judge Islam

God Bless the Bootle Forum
User avatar
Dott_of_8
 
Posts: 72
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2017 2:14 am

Re: christianity

Postby nobert » Sun Feb 19, 2017 3:02 pm

How long will this one go , Finegans, last post went to 40 plus pages . is it needed???
nobert
 
Posts: 105
Joined: Thu Mar 23, 2006 7:20 pm
Location: isle of man

Re: christianity

Postby Dott_of_8 » Mon Feb 20, 2017 12:10 am

Hello nobert,

Brunnyboy started this one.

Are you saying that Brunnyboy is Finnegan too?

Or

Are you angry at Brunnyboy for starting one that someone, not paying attention, could actually credit Finnegan?

Or

Are you blaming me for starting this one?

Interesting.

God Bless the Bootle Forum,
Last edited by Dott_of_8 on Mon Feb 20, 2017 3:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Dott_of_8
 
Posts: 72
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2017 2:14 am

Re: christianity

Postby Mack » Mon Feb 20, 2017 12:45 am

Brunnyboy you started this thread.

It's yours now so fill your boots...

Remember it is you who is now responsible and you are now in charge.

I will as always remain impartial and hover in the background.

And as always folks "Do Not Click The Button" if you want a quiet life. Brunny is the boss of this thread now.

Image

Mack
User avatar
Mack
Site Admin
 
Posts: 1906
Joined: Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am
Location: Bootle

Re: christianity

Postby nobert » Mon Feb 20, 2017 1:44 pm

Brunnyboy made a comment on the subject which has descended in numerous quotes from the book to support an opinion ,just like Finnigan.
We all have our opinions or faiths but certain individuals are bent on forcing theirs down the necks of others as they are the only ones in the right
nobert
 
Posts: 105
Joined: Thu Mar 23, 2006 7:20 pm
Location: isle of man

Re: christianity

Postby Dott_of_8 » Tue Feb 21, 2017 2:31 am

Hello nobert,
c.c. Mack, et al.


QUIZ:
What is worse?
A/ An exaggeration
B/ An excommunication
C/ Bearing false witness
D/ Telling the truth

YOUR ANSWER:
--------------------------------

Hint...

I have only been a member of this forum for a few days but I love ramming lies down people's throats so I can get excommunicated!

--------------------------------

I have looked back on few of Finnegan's old posts to see why he is receiving all of this bad press. I have yet to see any of his posts rammed down anyone's throat.
I have seen several members of this forum call Finnegan insulting names which I do not care to repeat.
I have been called names which I do not care to repeat.

So far the only one to get punished is the one who, by number of occurrences, was the most threatened and insulted.
The next closest is, by number of occurrences, the most threatened and insulted is me.
However, I received a terse warning from the admin. Shortly afterward I received an email inviting me to click the link to get back into the Forum. Yes, I was excommunicated for a brief period - Hey Mack, thanks for allowing me back into the forum.

--------------------------------

Mark 12:29-31 (ESV)
Jesus answered, “The most important is, Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God, the Lord is one. And you shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.’ The second is this: You shall love your neighbour as yourself.’ There is no other commandment greater than these.”


God Bless the Bootle Forum
User avatar
Dott_of_8
 
Posts: 72
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2017 2:14 am

Re: christianity

Postby Eddy Lloyd » Tue Feb 21, 2017 8:34 am

This man (Finnigan) obviously suffers from multiple personality disorder. I feel sorry for him (them) :)
Eddy Lloyd
 
Posts: 3466
Joined: Wed Oct 08, 2008 3:04 pm
Location: Waterloo

Re: christianity

Postby smoked out » Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:39 am

This latest bout of insane behaviour has been on the cards since evan was shut down just before xmas , without the harassment of people on this site he has nothing to occupy his obviously tortured mind , maybe he is suffering with something like schizophrenia and his little shutdown frightened him , his delusional mind once again invented yet another new person , his second coming , we should be grateful that the messiah has chosen the bootle site for his all new all dancing all knowing persona , it seems to me his new identity may be female , the mummy thing again , evan and finnagan both had the mummy fixation , I wonder if he has killed finnagan off as he done with evan , are we now left with just the dot of hate for entertainment.
Here for entertainment
smoked out
 
Posts: 1097
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2008 12:38 am

Re: christianity

Postby gazV8uk » Tue Feb 21, 2017 2:00 pm

37 posts and not one about Bootle. Makes you wonder why some people join a forum...sad!
gazV8uk
 
Posts: 108
Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2007 9:28 pm
Location: Essex

Re: christianity

Postby Ernie Jackson. (Bunty) » Tue Feb 21, 2017 2:28 pm

Chat about anything with the Bootle Bucks.

That's what we do :roll:
User avatar
Ernie Jackson. (Bunty)
 
Posts: 1146
Joined: Mon May 21, 2007 3:25 pm

Re: christianity

Postby Dott_of_8 » Tue Feb 21, 2017 4:24 pm

As of yet, no response to....

I have looked back on few of Finnegan's old posts to see why he is receiving all of this bad press. I have yet to see any of his posts rammed down anyone's throat.
I have seen several members of this forum call Finnegan insulting names which I do not care to repeat.
I have been called names which I do not care to repeat.



God Bless the Bootle Forum
User avatar
Dott_of_8
 
Posts: 72
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2017 2:14 am

Re: christianity

Postby smoked out » Tue Feb 21, 2017 4:46 pm

Evan you have always been very adept at avoiding questions that have been put to you so you are a bit hardfaced to be asking for any response to your silly enquiries ,go and ask your medical advisor for help lad , you really have reached the need help stage , me poor little lab monkey.
Here for entertainment
smoked out
 
Posts: 1097
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2008 12:38 am

Re: christianity

Postby NIKO » Tue Feb 21, 2017 5:22 pm

Christianity,a woman's lie about an affair, that got seriously out of hand.
BEN....
NIKO
 
Posts: 350
Joined: Thu May 21, 2009 11:22 am
Location: Vassilikos,Zakynthos, Bootle

Re: christianity

Postby Dott_of_8 » Tue Feb 21, 2017 8:18 pm

I have looked back into January posts to find Evan.
Why do you keep calling me Evan?

Calling me Evan and Hardfaced by it?

You guys are the ones throwing insults around.

I thought that was against the rules of this Forum...
Silly me


God Bless the Bootle Forum
User avatar
Dott_of_8
 
Posts: 72
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2017 2:14 am

Next

Return to Chat about anything with the Bootle Bucks

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests