EFC - talk about Everton Football club here

Join in here with our very own Bootle Chatterbox...
efc46

Been a blue all me life that photo of me an our len at prince Ruperts I went home in 1996 davey Rowlands An Len Rowlands Len was the eldest of 12 he past on at 88 still miss im
Davey Rowlands Bootle
Bonesy

Everton have been charged by the Football Association for the pitch invasions during and after their victory over Crystal Palace in May.

The Toffees went 2-0 down before coming back to win 3-2 to secure their Premier League status.

Fans invaded the pitch at the end of the game and Palace boss Patrick Vieira was involved in an altercation with a supporter.

Everton have until Monday, 18 July to provide a response.

Fans also went onto the Goodison Park pitch after Dominic Calvert-Lewin's winning goal in the 84th minute.

"Everton have been charged with two breaches of FA rule E20," said the FA.

"It is alleged that in the 84th minute and then following completion of the fixture, Everton FC failed to ensure that its spectators, and all persons purporting to be its supporters or followers, conducted themselves in an orderly fashion and refrained from using threatening and/or violent behaviour while encroaching onto the pitch area."

During the pitch invasion after the game, Vieira appeared to aim a kick at a fan after being taunted by him.

Merseyside police spoke to both Vieira and the supporter and, along with the FA, took no action over the incident.

And what really did the powers that be think Everton supporters should have done after securing their premiership status ?
Maybe they should have stood and applauded the team whilst cheering
"Well done chaps" and a rousing sing along of ....
"For they are jolly good fellows, for they are jolly good fellows and so say all of us"
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Keith
Last edited by Bonesy on Thu Jul 14, 2022 10:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bonesy

Well this all sounds very positive, fingers crossed.

Keith
Dan

Came across this in the library yesterday.

Bootle Times September 29 1977

Bonesy

Massive win for the boys in blue today.

Keith
filsgreen

We needed it, Keith. 👍
Bonesy

Well done Everton Ladies beating Liverpool 3 - 0
In front of 27000 supporters at Anfield.

Keith
Bernie R

Holly and I went. Blues deserved the win Keith.

That nippy little number 11, Jess Park, is one to watch. She'd probably get my player of the match only I'm giving that to our pitch response stewards who had to deal with the idiotic pitch invaders :(

Probably would have been an even better attendance but for the ridiculous kick off time of 18:45 on a school night - Sky strike again!

Bern
Born and raised in Romeo Street, later Lambeth Walk, Jersey Close, Garden Place, Hawthorne Rd, Gonville Rd now Netherton
efc46

efc seem to have lost their way in the final third to much back passing we will not win many games playing this way cum ead der lads
Davey Rowlands Bootle
Bonesy

Our daughters next door neighbours son might be in the Everton line up tonight. He has been on fire for the under 21s recently.

A very appropriate name for a striker,
Cannon (Tom)

Keith
efc46

good look to the lad we need a cannon the way are at the moment as george harrison said All things must pass
Davey Rowlands Bootle
filsgreen

Damp squib is more appropriate. 😡
Bonesy

Dreadful performance. The lad came on with the minutes to go and didn't get a look in.

Keith
filsgreen

Definitely, Keith, I'm speaking about the team as a whole.
Bonesy

Yes Phil, the whole team were an embarrassment.
Some should never play for Everton again.

Keith
filsgreen

fatboyjoe90

Cheers Joe.
filsgreen

Ta FBJ. 😁
fatboyjoe90

filsgreen wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 8:12 pm Ta FBJ. 😁
:D :D :D
Cheers Joe.
filsgreen

A positive from yesterday.

Bonesy

Phil, I bumped into a friend yesterday who is involved with the u18s and u21s and he reckons Tom should have been playing for the 1st team for months as he is so good.
Apparently a couple of teams are after him already.
My friend said that he is a really nice level headed lad and if he had a daughter he would gladly like her to marry Tom.

Keith
filsgreen

Let's hope he gets a few starts in Australia, meanwhile.....

filsgreen

fatboyjoe90

Image :wink: :D
Cheers Joe.
Bernie R

The natives are getting restless!

Aerial protest over Goodison at today's kick off.

Born and raised in Romeo Street, later Lambeth Walk, Jersey Close, Garden Place, Hawthorne Rd, Gonville Rd now Netherton
filsgreen

It's been over six months since anyone posted, I thought it would be a good time to resurrect it.

The apathy of the majority of Everton fans knows no bounds; I don't know how Dyche is going to break the vicious circle of doom, he certainly can't do it on his own.

The board are none existent and the players confidence is in their boots. We have a few players to come back from injury and we desperately need a striker, but who would come to Everton? I would certainly play Tom Cannon, he can't be worse than Neil Maupay.

However, it is what it is and you play the hand your dealt with. So we'll move on to Wolves next week and try to get off the bottom of the table. Let's hope we have reached rock bottom and can start to climb out of the mire. 🤞
john j connell

Phil, really disappointed with Everton today, heads went down far too easily and no fight,. embarrassing to be honest.
Individual mistakes are happening and they are getting punished for them, (one man in particular). Another difficult season appears to be on the cards.
However, me being the eternal optimist i will point out that should we beat Wolves next week we will in fact be two points better off than we were at the same stage last season. JJC.
efc46

like all of us I was completely gobsmacked with the result I have lived i brisbane since 1967 every week I listen to the remarks how we should have could have BUT DID,NT it seems the same old SH###T sso the players we have are mercenaries playing dont care attitude the fans are righton with comments management get a grip open your EARS
Davey Rowlands Bootle
Bernie R

john j connell

Cracking goalkeeper, Rest in Peace Andy.
Fairly sure that he was from the Galsworthy Avenue area (by the Mount public house). Can remember a colour photo of him in the Bootle Times/Herald wearing a policemans hat, i think he was a cadet/probationer in the Bootle constabulary. JJC.
Bonesy

Great to see you posting John.
I joined this forum to try and find my mate
Dave Rankin, Andys younger brother. I think you are correct about Galsworthy Ave. When I knew Andy he lived on Hampshire Avenue off Simons Croft, Ford.
Andy would always have a kick about with us in the street.
As you said John he was a great keeper kept out of the first team by an even greater Gordon West.
Rip Andy.

Keith
lynne99

Cracking goalie. RIP Andy
Tommy L

Great shock !
Andy was in the class above me in my teens.
Great goalkeeper for the school teams.
Followed his career with much interest.
Sad times……….RIP Andy .
bjones

Hadn't realised he was at Bootle Grammar like yourself Tom.
I only saw him play once, as a teenager I went to watch the reserves at Goodison with "our gang". Can't remember much other than that he was "dead good looking" :lol:
RIP Andy
Bee

"Life" is a gift to you. The way you live your life is your gift to those who come after.
Invicta

I remember Andy from Ford.
Very good keeper.
RIP Andy