EFC - talk about Everton Football club here

Join in here with our very own Bootle Chatterbox...
bernie johno

probably the strangest game i have ever attended at goodison park in my 50 years of going.
i know loads stayed away as the game was dead but everton should of let fans in from schools unemployed etc but i think the inside info of trouble probably tied there hands i went last night but my son never as it was his daughters birthday although he still bought a ticket for his credits as we need them for the away tickets.
hood st ,norton st, spenser st ,
bernie johno

on a lighter note went the everton shop yesterday for some presents for grandson and i got a coat and a few bits for myself.
later that day wife on the till in marks and spencer sees smart young man in all the everton gear, o do you work in the everton shop got some lovely bargains there this morning she said, no replied the said gentleman as he moved on.Then appears one of the warehouse lads what you saying, o just asking the man if he worked in the everton shop ,thats Franny Jeffers the everton under 23s manager.well why would she know that :D :D :wink:
Bernie R

Bern :lol: :lol: :lol:
Born and raised in Romeo Street, later Lambeth Walk, Jersey Close, Garden Place, Hawthorne Rd, Gonville Rd now Netherton
oldroanerroamer

Never thought I'd say this, get slippery Sam in quick, it's just gone critical at goodison. Need a manager by tomorrow at the latest.
graham01

nothing to say.
origin waterloo.present and future bootle.
Invicta

My Son and Grandson ( born in Southampton) was there. Happy Boys :D Ken
efc46

I be-leave in Everton Football Club I wish the players did it is getting more horrific with every game Wonder why players? management? we blamed Koeman he has gone one of many many disapointed fans
Davey Rowlands Bootle
john j connell

To all of my suicidal fellow Evertonians.
Think about every good thing in your life right now. Free yourself of worrying. Let go of the anxiety, breathe, stay positive, all will be well.
Oh by the way, we where crap today. JJC.
Invicta

John you are a credit to your team. Keep believing. :wink: Ken
EdMcDonald

Invicta wrote:John you are a credit to your team. Keep believing. :wink: Ken

I believe that we'll finish fourth from bottom. :oops: :oops: :oops:
Home of the "Edmonton Oilers" Future Stanley Cup Champions. :D
A long way from Duncan B.C. :wink:
lynne99

I keep telling you; all will change after Christmas ----------- which way, I am not sure :roll: :roll:
Ever(ton) positive Lynne
fatboyjoe90

Everton have reopened talks with Sam Allardyce about becoming their next permanent manager, Sky Sports News understands.

Allardyce had been involved in talks some two weeks ago after Ronald Koeman was sacked, but an agreement could not be reached.

But after Everton failed with their efforts to land Watford boss Marco Silva, and a dismal run of five defeats from seven games under interim boss David Unsworth, the Toffees have again approached Allardyce's representatives within the last 48 hours.
Cheers Joe.
Bonesy

Sam`s the man then .........

Keith
Invicta

Fireman Sam :wink: K
Ernie Jackson. (Bunty)

:lol: Hardly a fireman..the fire is already out and he will need to re/light it. :lol:
Bonesy

Could be Telegram Sam come May 2018 :D

Keith
henry

Bonesy wrote:Sam`s the man then .........

Keith
Only if he gets backhander
HENRY BORN FLORIDA STREET OFF STRAND ROAD
Ernie Jackson. (Bunty)

If he gets the wage he is demanding then he won't need a backhander, although if he gets us out of this mess then he deserves one.

However, I would never be so naïve as to think that ALL football at pro level isn't subject to backhanders.

My personal experience is finding a wage packet in my boots when I was at Liverpool as an amateur. I never even dreamed of giving it back and was glad to get it, just for playing football. :oops:
Invicta

What will happen to Unsworth? Normally a new manager will have a clear out, he deserves better. :wink: K
henry

Ernie Jackson. (Bunty) wrote:If he gets the wage he is demanding then he won't need a backhander, although if he gets us out of this mess then he deserves one.

However, I would never be so naïve as to think that ALL football at pro level isn't subject to backhanders.

My personal experience is finding a wage packet in my boots when I was at Liverpool as an amateur. I never even dreamed of giving it back and was glad to get it, just for playing football. :oops:
He proved that he takes backhanded because that is why after being England manager they got rid of him after just 1 game
Ernie Jackson. (Bunty)

Hi Henry. :)

I thought Allardyce was sacked by England following a newspaper sting. A search on Google shows he is suing the FA for wrongful dismissal and he denies the charge?

I can't find anything about him taking 'backhanders' but your comments make me feel I might be wrong. Where did you get that information? :roll:
Invicta

It never showed he did Ernie. If he is litigious, hopefully he doesn’t read this Forum :wink: K
Ernie Jackson. (Bunty)

Exactly my thoughts Ken. Maybe he will get around to it if he comes over to Merseyside. :wink: :wink: :wink:
fatboyjoe90

Sam Allardyce is set to be named Everton’s new manager after negotiations over him succeeding Ronald Koeman at Goodison Park continued on Tuesday night, with the former Liverpool player and coach Sammy Lee expected to become part of his coaching staff.
Cheers Joe.
john j connell

Welcome to Goodison Park Big Sam.
Big Sam has absolutely nothing to do with what has gone on at the club that brings us to the situation we find the club in at present, rather him than take a punt on some unproven foreign manager that doesn't understand the premier league.
I am not exactly over the moon about Sammy Lee (maybe just like i wasn't overjoyed with Beardsley,Sheedy Ablett Hutchinson Haper) but once they become part of the club you get behind them, (it is the club that i support not the individual).
I am just hoping that come the end of the season i am not reading posts along the lines of come home agent Lee, mission accomplished, (agent Johnson nearly succeeded).
Just off out to the match, looking forward to the fans differing views in the Upper Gwladys, should be interesting, (onwards and upwards) JJC.
filsgreen

Spot on, John. :)
lynne99

I've just looked at the score , having driven back from London.... Had to do a little dance. What a relief for now (Game and a manager all in 1 day) :D
graham01

Though i was wstching barcelona on the second half.....what a result.....had a bet on the blues to win 5 0.dont mind becsuse it was grest to see that we have at last manned up.
origin waterloo.present and future bootle.
efc46

I feel a bit sad for davy unsworth he brought efc hope. Hope big sam (not a fan of him I remember him gobin off about Tim Cahill) does okay we need to get in the top half so here is hoping
Davey Rowlands Bootle
Invicta

Really enjoyed the Rooney show, he had an outstanding game. Even his post match interviews were a credit to him. :D K
bernie johno

enjoyed last night great performance from the whole team , not a fan of big sam but i am an evertonian so hope it works out.
five days in the sun next week in cyprus with my son, dead rubber but a few days of sightseeing maybe get some pics and a few beers before chrimbo :D :D :wink:
john j connell

Off to the game shortly, looking forward to seeing how Big Sam sets the team up. JJC.
henry

john j connell wrote:Off to the game shortly, looking forward to seeing how Big Sam sets the team up. JJC.
And don't forget his little mate Sammy :wink:
filsgreen

Loving Sammy at the mo, Henry; he's very vocal :D
bernie johno

good three points again today looking forward to five days in Cyprus whilst it means nothing in football terms it will be a good bit of making memories with my son
and I am sure there will be some photo opportunities :D :D :wink: