EFC - talk about Everton Football club here

Join in here with our very own Bootle Chatterbox...
filsgreen

I'm not sure the second charge will garner six points, Ernie. I watched ToffeeTV today, they looked through the 60 page report. They said the IC gave credit towards the " upward trend" of Everton, in their pursuit of financial stability. Consequently, we may get two points or transfer embargo.

They also advised that they would not favour Everton getting punished for the first two years of the following charge. Therefore, it us very unlikely that we would receive the same punishment again.

They cited they were using the EFL as a point of reference, where double jeopardy is in the rules. Given that the PL has accepted the independent commission's decision, it would be foolhardy to repeat the charge.

The bench mark is eight points, as any financial wrongdoing cannot be punished more than the nine points given for going into administration. However, this is all baloney, as the PL are changing the laws in October.
efc46

This Kaos the premier league has cost EFC a lot we should not have had the noose around our neck since November to be fair. please considerin us fans the P.L owe everton we want ALL our points back just look at the rubbish been put on us fans. lets play fair. caused by THE F.A
Davey Rowlands Bootle
Ernie Jackson. (Bunty)

Thanks Phil.

I learn something every day and am grateful for that info.
Cheers
filsgreen

Unfortunately, after more research, what I've proclaimed may prove to be wrong, Ernie. 😏
Ernie Jackson. (Bunty)

Of course. It happens. The Premier League actions are a perfect example. Have we forgotten that in the initial enquiry they asked for a TWELVE point penalty😡😡😡
Bernie R

Blues docked two more points for a further breach of PSR

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/68723109
Born and raised in Romeo Street, later Lambeth Walk, Jersey Close, Garden Place, Hawthorne Rd, Gonville Rd now Netherton
Bonesy

Keith
Bonesy

Terrible, embarrassing, pathetic, shameful.
Utter shambles of a team and manager.
I turned off at 3-0 and went and made some bread, it was far more satisfying and very therapeutic.
If we don't beat Forest at the weekend, I'd say we are done for.
Ernie Jackson. (Bunty)

If the worst comes to the worst it may hurt your feelings but wont change your life. No different to the whole world crisis. :wink:
Bonesy

:roll:

Keith
filsgreen

Just seen the highlights on Skysports, never saw that coming. 😁
efc46

14 is a long time but we did not give up 78 year old BLUE
Davey Rowlands Bootle
Ernie Jackson. (Bunty)

One swallow doesn't make a summer but after 80 years as a supporter this is one of my happiest days. Just a shame that the result has shocked and silenced our neighbours. Still, it's only a game. :D :D :D
Tommy L

KLOPP OUT !!!............... :lol: :lol: :lol:
Bernie R

A great win for your lads last night. Other than a spell either side of the break the Reds didn't show the passion needed to win a Derby. Strikers are struggling lately and made Pickford look good last night as everything went straight at him. That's no dig at him - it's dissing our frontmen.

Fully understand the blue fans being delighted with the win but also feel you must be asking where is that passion and vigour from your lads in other games? If they played like that every week they'd be nowhere near a relegation battle.

Reckon EFC are safe now - barring a miracle turn of events.

Bern
Born and raised in Romeo Street, later Lambeth Walk, Jersey Close, Garden Place, Hawthorne Rd, Gonville Rd now Netherton
Bonesy

Agree about Pckford, Bern. Although he did make 2
Important saves, as you say the rest were straight at him.
Liverpool have definitely not been at their best since the Man U defeat in the quarter finals of the FA Cup.
I believe Klopps early announcement about leaving at the end of the season has had a detrimental effect on the teams performances.
Bern you are spot on about Evertons passion
and vigorous play last night and I hope they are the same at the weekend.
You must remember though, we have been robbed of 8 points by the Premier League. We would be sitting pretty comfortably right now with 41 points, with 4 games to go.
As it stands we need 4 more points to secure staying in Premiership.
3 points against Brentford on Saturday and those below us losing could change that for the better.

Keith
Bernie R

If you were to lose points at all, this season was the best time to do so as the 3 that came up from Championship have been truly woeful.

Bern
Ernie Jackson. (Bunty)

I have revisited the two main Reds chances when both hit Pickford but if they had scored a VAR check may well have shown that they were offside. No consolation for bad misses though.
Bonesy

This is funny. A Sean Dyche (nearly) lookalike
Being interviewed after the Derby.

Keith
filsgreen

The Old Lady will retire at the end of next season, after 71 years of top flight football. 😁