EFC - talk about Everton Football club here

Join in here with our very own Bootle Chatterbox...
filsgreen

Well I've got to be honest; I didn't expect that result, but it's certainly welcome :D
Eddy Lloyd

Great game to watch Everton thoroughly deserved it.
lynne99

Been dancing round all night. My son in law supports Arsenal :D :D
Invicta

Brunnyboy wrote:the fat one has everton in free fall cant see were the next point is coming from we have a relegation battle coming on the way we are playing the midfield is woeful dads army in defence one shot on target in the whole match a poor team or is it the fat one
Dad's Army for a while yet Al, Barry & Baines just signed extensions to contracts. :wink: Ken
Brunnyboy

a bit of festive cheer for the blues
filsgreen

Too right Alan, nice little pressie to cheer me up :D
Invicta

Will Ranieri be the first to go in 2017? Well done EFC. :wink: Ken
lynne99

Well done indeed. It will make it a little easier to go back to work after the festivities. (Rugby is fairly close to Leicester ). I only listened to BBC report, but they said Everton were "Lack luster" I hope that improves in 17
filsgreen

They were Lynne, no shots on goal in the first half. Everton's first shot on goal produced their first goal. Still a win is a win. :D
bernie johno

Imageimgur
Imageimage upload no limit
good little boxing day trip. :D :D :wink:
hood st ,norton st, spenser st ,
Ernie Jackson. (Bunty)

Hi Brunny....your criticism on Mr K being the "fat one'" seems a little detrimental.

Personally I was always very fat at school and became known as Bunty as a result. I was the only one who progressed on to be a pro. footballer, albeit very short term.

But I thought the following extract might really show that being 'fat' might not be so bad after all??
................................................................................................................................................

Look at that little fat chap," one unidentified England player is quoted as saying prior to their match against Hungary at Wembley in 1953. "We'll murder this lot."

Puskas may have been short, stocky and exclusively left-footed. But that left foot would earn him a remarkable strike rate of 83 goals in just 84 appearances for his country.

The "little fat chap" scored two of those goals that day as the Hungarians thrashed England 6-3 and became the first continental team to win at Wembley.

Puskas was the most prominent figure in a talented side dubbed the 'Magical Magyars', whose style, based on sharp midfield passing and a multi-faceted attacking approach, would revolutionise the game.
..................................................................................................................................................

Not a criticism of your opinion but.....you never know?? There is always hope.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Brunnyboy

He was a good footballer don't rate him as a manager most managers have a nickname it's one I thought would suit him
Ernie Jackson. (Bunty)

So not a bad idea in that context. The 'fat one' could turn out to be complimentary if he is successful, especially as he is the first manager we have had in a loooong time who has the money to buy some players. Lets hope he can gell a team together. Maybe I am in the group of Evertonians who are often referred to as optimists rather than fanatics.
Invicta

The Fat Spanish Waiter didn't do bad and now the Geordie folk love him. :D Ken
Brunnyboy

the fat one bringing a forward off and a defender on at 2 all says it all against the bottom team depressing
filsgreen

You've gotta feel sorry for Bernie and all fans that go the away games, putting up with that rubbish. Why does he persist with Jagielka? Hard being a Blue at the moment :(
Invicta

Koeman was happy Phil. Four points from last two away games. :wink: K
filsgreen

I know we're not that good at the moment, Ken, but we should have beat Hull.
Brunnyboy

A win against a poor Southampton side will do we need a quality centre half and some in midfield and another forward other than that there is no easy games in the prem anymore
Brunnyboy

Season over in January
Mack
Site Admin

Hiya Bernie,

Got to ask... is that guy standing behind you in the photo Martin Kidman? He is the spitting image if not of an old mate of mine who used to go to Yellow house.

On the right in the piccy is it John Hodgkinson? Another old matey of mine.

BTW: It's George McKane who runs Yellow House who is one of my oldest and best friends who is a very active member of the Blues just for reference.

Martin is second from right in this piccy i took ages ago. The band was called Bloo which the lads formed together when going to Yellow House.

Mack
Bernie R

As one of the season ticket holders passed me leaving my exit at Goodison on Saturday the conversation went...

Him (half smiling): Now we can concentrate on the league!
Me: Haha - good luck with that!
Him: No, I mean staying in it!!!!

Bern
Born and raised in Romeo Street, later Lambeth Walk, Jersey Close, Garden Place, Hawthorne Rd, Gonville Rd now Netherton
lynne99

I nearly jumped out of my chair..... :D How brilliant and good for the youngster, I hope it continues. I bet you had fun Bernie.. :D
lynne99

I am a bit disappointed that I am the only Toffee that has anything to say about yesterday's match. :( Where are you all
Bernie R

Well done Blues! :wink:
Born and raised in Romeo Street, later Lambeth Walk, Jersey Close, Garden Place, Hawthorne Rd, Gonville Rd now Netherton
Eddy Lloyd

Great performance by Everton and especially the young lads. My niece's lad Calum Connelly is with Everton he went out on loan to Wigan last Saturday, they won 2-0 he scored both goals :)
efc46

Woke up got out of bed dragged a comb across my head started to dream heard the result started jumpin we have just man city a 4 nil thumpin /Davey in Oz
Davey Rowlands Bootle
filsgreen

Hiya Lynne. I hear what you're saying, but I don't want to get carried away over one result. Yes, it was absolutely fantastic; I've watched MOTD about five times, but we've had these false dawns before. One question I'm asking myself is will he keep the same team next week, or drop Robles and Holgate, so that he can bring back Stek and Jags? Mind you my glass isn't even half full, so you can take my negative waves with a pinch of salt :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?app=deskt ... uStsFW4EmQ

Maybe I should learn from Oddball.
Bonesy

Eddy Lloyd wrote:Great performance by Everton and especially the young lads. My niece's lad Calum Connelly is with Everton he went out on loan to Wigan last Saturday, they won 2-0 he scored both goals :)

Hi Eddy, well done Callum. How old is he now Ed ? I remember you posted a pic of him years ago.

keith
lynne99

Phil, I don't think it is a new dawn... unfortunately :( but unfortunately over the many years, I have learnt to grasp at any glimpse of hope and success. At least relegation looks less likely. Glass half full. Even better my close colleague at work supprts Man City. Gave me a chance to gloat for a change.
Eddy Lloyd

He's 19. Keith made his debut for Everton against Southampton last year when he came on for Coleman.
Bonesy

Cheers Eddy and well done Calum :wink:

Keith
Bernie R

5 managers sitting in a bar. Wenger, Klopp, Mourinho, Koeman and Guardiola. Wenger gets up and buys 5 pints of lager, Klopp gets up and buys 5 whiskeys, Mourinho gets up and buys 5 shots then Guardiola gets up and buys 4 pints. Koeman says "Hey Pep where's my pint?" Pep says "Sorry Ronald but you're not in the fourth round".
Eddy Lloyd

:) :) :)
Bonesy

.....and here`s me thinking the four pints which no doubt was bitter were for each of the four goals we scored against MCFC last weekend !!!! :D :D :D :roll:

Keith