EFC - talk about Everton Football club here

Join in here with our very own Bootle Chatterbox...
john j connell

2 Defeats at home this season, crap or just unlucky. believe it or not i have got it down as just plain unlucky.
We just need someone to put the ball in the net and some of our injured quality players to return and we will be fine, far too early to be pressing the panic button.
Really disappointed with the quality of the corners and free kicks today, just catching practice for the goalkeeper. (2 home games on the trot where the opposition goalkeeper has been man of the match). Our luck has got to change soon. JJC.
filsgreen

Beto is supposed to be having a medical tomorrow, John, hopefully he'll get on the end of the chances we're creating. In the 94/95 season, we had 3 points out of our first eleven games. We ended up 5th and winning a cup, we've got to remain optimistic.

Branthwaite had a good game, hopefully Dyche doesn't sell him and continues to give him games. Hopefully, our season will really kick in after the international break in October, when we have McNeil, Harrison and DCL all available, and maybe other new signings before the window closes. 🤞👏😀
efc46

to many lies from managers at the top all we want is honesty no wonder the players play the way they do
Davey Rowlands Bootle
Bonesy

We played well yesterday and were very unlucky.
Luck is something we never seem to get.
It's been very unfortunate that the opposition goalies have played a blinder each time, but then that's what they are there for.
We desperately need a good finisher. If we get someone in , I believe it will turn us around.
It was disappointing to see Cannon come on with just 5 minutes to go. Why not give the lad a good run out 5 minutes here and there is a useless exercise.

Keith
john j connell

Could have won today, should have won today, could have been beaten today, sums up our season so far. If it wasn't for having bad luck Everton would have no luck at all. JJC.
filsgreen

Pickford's goal epitomises our luck at the moment, John.
Bonesy

The ineptitude of the referee was unbelievable.
We should had had 2 clear penalties awarded.

Keith
john j connell

That was a hard watch today, Everton just sat back and let them have the ball (like a game of attack v defence) need to buck up Everton. JJC.
efc46

when is this nightmare every week should have could have did not play well the never ending night mare need to get a grip not the Everton it was does anybody CARE
Davey Rowlands Bootle
Bonesy

Going on that display, I can't see us winning a game this season.

Keith
john j connell

Good performance today, created chances , scored goals and defended well, throw in a bit of passion geed up by the best supporters in the country and it feels good to be a blue, now all that we need is a bit of consistency, are we going to get it, your guess is as good as mine. In for the long haul, keep the faith. JJC.
efc46

AT Last a good win
Davey Rowlands Bootle
Bonesy

Bonesy wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2023 7:00 am Going on that display, I can't see us winning a game this season.

Keith
Definitely geed up from last week John. An away win should boost their confidence no end.
Luton, up next. Fingers crossed for a home win. Our fans deserve it.

Keith
john j connell

Excellent a well deserved win tonight for the Blues, moving in the right direction. Players coming back from injury helps. JJC.
filsgreen

They never let you down. 😡
john j connell

Completely took the gloss off the results last week, it is just so inconsistent. Not good enough Everton. JJC.
efc46

it really the worst result we got no comment change the game plan it does not get us points
Davey Rowlands Bootle
Bonesy

Awful result, but it didn't surprise me. Nothing surprises me anymore about Everton.

Keith
Tommy L

Bonesy

Great, all round team performance, today.
Well done the Blues.

Keith
john j connell

3 goals,
3 points,
clean sheet,
good result and a decent performance, defending set pieces is still a cause for concern. JJC.
john j connell

Can't comment on today's game for the simple reason that i didn't watch it. JJC.
Bonesy

12 against 10 today. Nuff said.

Keith
Bernie R

Welcome to our world, Keith.
Born and raised in Romeo Street, later Lambeth Walk, Jersey Close, Garden Place, Hawthorne Rd, Gonville Rd now Netherton
bjones

tried to send this to Keith on facebook but it seems to have lost it's way :?
Bee

"Life" is a gift to you. The way you live your life is your gift to those who come after.
Bonesy

It shows how inept the referee was,
in needing VAR to award a penalty to The opposition for the outstretched arm of Keane.
It was a clear penalty and I for one would have launched a protest for a replay had the penalty not been awarded. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Keith
filsgreen

Sad to hear that Blue Bill Kenwright has passed away, aged 78. RIP Bill.
Invicta

Just read that Phil, very sad.
RIP Bill Kenwright.
Ken
john j connell

Rest in Peace Bill Kenwright, Everton to the core, i will forever remain grateful to him for rescuing Everton from the clutches of the Johnson fella. JJC.
Bonesy

Another Everton legend has left us.
Rest in Peace, Bill.

Keith
Bonesy

Bit late now, but..... Bill, should have been knighted years ago.
Having financed over 500 stage productions, a handfull of films, bankrolled the Liverpool Playhouse saving it from closure and of course becoming Chairman of Everton FC.
In the process, Bill kept thousands of actors in work, probably tens of thousands of theatre staff in work and all the staff that runs EFC.
Without doubt Bill helped millions of theatre goers have a good night out and the millions of Everton supporters over the years, through good times and bad.
Bill Kenwright was a George Bailey (if you know, you know) type of character. Someone who touched the lives of millions.

So here's to you, Sir Bill Kenwright CBE. RIP.

Keith
john j connell

I am really touched by the respect shown to Mr Kenwright from the red half of the city, he was a fervent supporter of the Justice Campaign and he really nailed it when he said they took on the wrong city, they took on the wrong mothers.JJC.
bjones

Brilliantly put Keith and John
our city has much to thank him for, he certainly lived a "wonderful life".
And John, as has been said before "two clubs, one family"
Thank you gents.

RIP "Sir" Bill Kenwright.
Bee

"Life" is a gift to you. The way you live your life is your gift to those who come after.
Ernie Jackson. (Bunty)

Nobody has addressed the heartbreak and pain poured on Bill Kenwright in his recent years by so called Everton supporters who crave success but cannot see past the end of their noses. They put part of the blame for the recent debacle on Bill Kenwright and he did not deserve that. He must be the greatest ever Everton supporter.

This man was an icon and his efforts saw Everton through their earlier years of success.

He was even prevented in his later years from seeing the team he loved and surely endured resulting pain before he passed.

I would hope and believe none of the yobs I refer to are members of this great site.

It is a sad fact that great people are only deeply and properly recognised after they pass.

RIP Mr Kenwright.
john j connell

Good result today, looking good defensively just need to start.putting some half chances away to ease the nerves a bit. Overall happy with the way things are progressing considering the early reversals we suffered, looking back it was only really the Villa league game away from home that we didn't deserve to come away with some points. Onwards and upwards, JJC.