EFC - talk about Everton Football club here

Join in here with our very own Bootle Chatterbox...
henry

Everton have reportedly identified Crystal Palace striker Christian Benteke as an alternative to Arsenal striker Olivier Giroud and are considering a move for him if they fail to sign the Frenchman.

According to MailOnline's Simon Jones, the Toffees have discussed the Belgian but are yet to make contact with Palace, while Chelsea are also thought to be looking at Benteke.

The striker is said to be content with life in London and looking for a new home in the capital.

What's more, Benteke only arrived at Selhurst Park last summer in a £27 million deal, and he has three years remaining on the contract he signed, so the Eagles will be keen to keep hold of their primary goal-getter.
HENRY BORN FLORIDA STREET OFF STRAND ROAD
filsgreen

It's doubtful whether Benteke will come up north again.
Bonesy

The Blues on ITV 4 tomorrow night at 7.30 pm.
A certain Mr Rooney hopefully playing for Everton for the first time in a European competition.

Keith
henry

He said it was always his dream and ambition to play for everton in europe so i wonder why he left them in the first place
Maybe it was the money not his ambitions :P
john j connell

As i have said in previous posts, i am not a big fan of football on a Thursday night, but on this occasion i welcome the early opportunity to step back inside my beloved Goodison Park (you cannot beat the buzz you get going through those turnstiles).
A new era beckons for the blues and it starts tonight. JJC. .
Ernie Jackson. (Bunty)

Hey Henry.

Of course it was a career move, as in all occupations. As a blue I did feel a bit let own when he left for pastures new but time has proved it was a very good move for him and he did right..

Hopefully this return will be just as successful for all concerned.

The money side of it was inevitable and easy to forecast but the career move has shown him to be 100% right.

I must say I have missed my times on the Goodison terraces and although the time I spent in the middle there a real thrill it was never an equivalent substitution.

Dare I quote "Once a Blue always a Blue".
henry

It looks like everton have got a lot of new seats :D
filsgreen

I find it a bit strange, Henry, it was supposed to be a sell out :? Still a big crowd when you consider it's on TV.
henry

A big crowd :?:
EdMcDonald

henry wrote:A big crowd :?:

Any more of this garbage and I'm looking for the snooze button.
Home of the "Edmonton Oilers" Future Stanley Cup Champions. :D
A long way from Duncan B.C. :wink:
bernie johno

Some Liverpool post on here just to be clear I was at the game last night the ground was sold out , due to work on going ,part of it was closed .all tickets were sold by Monday so if all the ground was open they would of been taken. Everton forum's have been going mad for tickets . my son and grandson are away on holiday so couldn't go but 2 lads were in there seats.ok it was a poor game but come on they are only just back for the season.
hood st ,norton st, spenser st ,
Ernie Jackson. (Bunty)

Thanks to Bonesy I would have missed the game on TV without his input.

Thanks also to Berrnie too. . I was really surprised that the ground seemed to be nearly empty although full at each end. The explanation makes me feel better and shows that even though we are moving Goodison is being kept in order and H an S is well in control.

Not only have the reds criticisms regarding the small crowd and new seats have been well answered. but my concerns too.

I was disappointed in the game as far as lack of finishing power goals but I thought the passing and understanding, considering they are a new group, was excellent.

It will come.
bernie johno

Ernie Jackson. (Bunty) wrote:Thanks to Bonesy I would have missed the game on TV without his input.

Thanks also to Berrnie too. . I was really surprised that the ground seemed to be nearly empty although full at each end. The explanation makes me feel better and shows that even though we are moving Goodison is being kept in order and H an S is well in control.

Not only have the reds criticisms regarding the small crowd and new seats have been well answered. but my concerns too.

I was disappointed in the game as far as lack of finishing power goals but I thought the passing and understanding, considering they are a new group, was excellent.

It will come.
yes Ernie any chance to have a dig thats why i try to stay out of comments on footy that seem negative ,everton have a waiting list of over 10000 for season tickets now at the last offical everton site notice.All home games sold out last season and no season tickets left to buy cant exactly call us glory hunters as are neighbours remind us regularly about a lack of trophy's. unfortunately last night the section that was closed is opposite the main camera in the bullens if it had been the other way around it would hardly have been noticed .last nights game was free to view on itv so people could of stayed home and watched it in the comfort of the armchair me and many others choose to go .i also think people on merseyside especially should be proud of everton for taking health and safety before profit because all those seats could of been sold and more..
dannylewis

Not a good game by the blues , but they won the stadium looks good with all the blue shine'y seats , Danny
bernie johno

talking about the blues again danny ground was sold out empty seats due to work going on should no about health and safety being a builder mate :D :D :wink:
bernie johno

bernie johno

JUNE

The main stand is having a new seating area for disabled fans. We sit in the front row and they now have a large area in front of us that is still under construction. This was probably the shot seen on tv so made the ground look empty. The away fan section was almost empty. The crowd were quiet and the game slow and boring but a good result.
bernie johno

My Everton season ticket arrived today Bernie and i was talking to the postman, (or should that be post person) and he was telling me that the Royal Mail have had to recruit hundreds and hundreds of extra posties in the Merseyside area to cope with the amount of deliveries of Everton season tickets, he said that they are run off their feet from dawn to dusk.
He asked me to spare a thought for his fellow posties in the Home Counties and Norway as Liverpool f c are in the process of dispatching their season tickets. JJC.
hows that john :D :D :wink:
original copyright jjc
lynne99

Bernie, well done ,
Last edited by lynne99 on Sat Jul 29, 2017 7:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
john j connell

Thanks Bernie, appreciate that. JJC.
bernie johno

john j connell wrote:Thanks Bernie, appreciate that. JJC.
your welcome John off out shortly for our corpy leaving do should be good mate :D :D :wink:
john j connell

Enjoy Bernie, i am still trying to get used to it not being you in the truck, catch up with you for a drink soon. JJC.
bernie johno

john j connell wrote:Enjoy Bernie, i am still trying to get used to it not being you in the truck, catch up with you for a drink soon. JJC.
thanks John had a boss night in the oldy club old roan for our leaving do seven of us going it was rammed.
off on a coach at 9 this morning to weaverham for a bowls day out and guess what the club is called the owldy couldn't make it up catch up soon mate :D :D :wink:
dannylewis

Hi Berni been retired a few years now i dont know what the building regs are for blue seats maybe the same as Red seats , the only safety aspect i was'nt happy with was when some clubs surpporters used to throw cushions on to the pitch , i best of luck in the return leg , Danny .
dannylewis

I've found out after my EFC post the reason for the empty seats was to install disabled seats my appoligies to Berni and the site , Danny
Bonesy

Europa league. 7.30 on Thursday night itv 4
8.05 kick off
graham01

Thanks for the heads up keith. :D :D
origin waterloo.present and future bootle.
bernie johno

Bonesy wrote:Europa league. 7.30 on Thursday night itv 4
8.05 kick off
kick off is 7-45 keith according to everton website :D :D :wink:
Bonesy

OK Bern, I looked on the ITV4 website and it says 8.05 :wink:
efc46

efc did not play well this morning far far to much back passing a win is a win we need to play better
Davey Rowlands Bootle
Mack
Site Admin

Hi folks,

I've merged all EFC recent talk in 'Chat About Anything' into this thread. Keeping it all contained. :wink:

Mack - new footy season and all that kind of stuff 2017.

Remember to keep all your footy stuff about EFC in this section.
john j connell

Not really impressed with the first half of the game today, that was until the little scouse magician popped up in the last minute of the first half with what turned out to be the winning goal.
Early days with lots of new players bedding in, give it time and lets see how it goes.
Must say i was really impressed with the new disabled facilities that have been installed at Goodison(and not before time i may add) they are a credit to Everton Football Club. JJC.
john j connell

Gylfi Sigurdsson signs for Everton, (another piece of the jigsaw in place)
At first glance the price looks to be a bit steep, but when you consider Barcelona are/where prepared to pay £100 million plus for a player (Coutinho) who, let's be honest, couldn't lace Sigurdssons boots, i think we have got another bargain and Barcelona have missed out on a truly world class footballer. JJC.
graham01

Looking at his stats for last season he looks a bargain at todays crazy prices.
Just hope we can get him to full fitness asap.graham.
origin waterloo.present and future bootle.