EFC - talk about Everton Football club here

Join in here with our very own Bootle Chatterbox...
efc46

One word efc where RUBBISH
Davey Rowlands Bootle
oldroanerroamer

I'm not usually one for sacking the manager as a quick fix but it might be taxi time for Roberto. EFC have the best squad they've had for a long time and the manager isn't getting the best out of them, he's too nice.

Who to bring in is the big question, Alan Stubbs from Hibs maybe.
EdMcDonald

oldroanerroamer wrote:I'm not usually one for sacking the manager as a quick fix but it might be taxi time for Roberto. EFC have the best squad they've had for a long time and the manager isn't getting the best out of them, he's too nice.

Who to bring in is the big question, Alan Stubbs from Hibs maybe.

Duncan (head butt) Ferguson.
Home of the "Edmonton Oilers" Future Stanley Cup Champions. :D
A long way from Duncan B.C. :wink:
john j connell

Roberto is not going to leave or be sacked, and if he was mutually consented the job would require someone with a proven track record, as much as i like him i don't think Alan Stubbs would come into consideration, as for Big Dunc, maybe after he has done a few years as assistant, but now is not the right time, i will not be surprised if a certain Brenda does not find his way into the post, (in a mischievous kind of way of course) Mike Walker would be my preferred choice, (trying to find an emoticon for a giant giant giant wink). JJC.
fatboyjoe90

Are these any good to you John? :lol:

Image Image
Cheers Joe.
Invicta

Walker might be handy in a relegation struggle, he's done it before :wink:
Mourinho is looking for work :lol: K
john j connell

Thanks Joe, i'm still shaking at the mention of his name, Ken, the only part Mike walker played in helping Everton avoid relegation that season was when he met up in a Cheshire hotel to pass on a dirty big brown envelope to Hans Segers, (allegedly). JJC.
Brunnyboy

the boo boys don't help but they need to change tactics and attack with some movement its so slow the build up they look like statues
Brunnyboy

another woeful display get shut of stones mistake after mistake 30 million quid take it if we can get it
Mack
Site Admin

Being a Liverpool supported I'm gutted both our teams are not in the final. It would have been great for all the fans and Merseyside :(

Mack
efc46

I think Kone would be better employed selling ice cream he is not a first team player we should have kept Naysmith and sold kone I dont think any Premier league would want him may he could go back to Wigan
Davey Rowlands Bootle
john j connell

City deserved the win on the night, the best team won, talking to city fans after the game and they say that they owe Liverpool a good hiding after what happened in the league game, and they will be well up for this one. JJC.
Eddy Lloyd

Hope they play the same way as last night against us, very vulnerable at the back and Klopp wouldn't take off his best players to bring rubbish on :) :)
James Moorcroft

Not quite jump up and bite your bum time. At least the crystal BALLS gazers got the final colours right, perhaps a shade too light. Ah never mind when thee Reds were winning it for fun, I think it was called the eehhh. Oh yeh the "Micky Mouse Cup"
Invicta

Is Stones head already in Madrid or West London ? :wink: K
john j connell

"James Moorcroft wrote"
( I think it was called the eehhh. Oh yeh the "Micky Mouse Cup")
Silly bitter me, i've been calling it the Capital One Cup, you live and learn. ps, i can point you in the direction of a few Liverpool fans (still posting) who regularly referred to the competition, (in its various guises as the afore mentioned Michael Small Rodent Cup).

JJC.
James Moorcroft

Meant as bit of tongue in cheek, I take little ditties, re to ourselves with a smile, all good stuff.
Brunnyboy

nice easy win any one at home will do
john j connell

F A Cup 5th round draw, not the easiest of draws for Everton, drawn to play Bournemouth away at the Vitality Stadium (Dean Court). No home draw this time Alan, (Blackburn or West Ham at home in the next round would be nice) Comfortable win for Everton today,(lots of pundits thought it had cup upset written all over it) Newcastle at Goodison on Wednesday, should be up for this, (need to be up for this). JJC.
Brunnyboy

this new forward try him against Newcastle got to be better than lukaku
john j connell

Everton have today completed the signing of the Senegalese striker from Lokmotiv Moscow for the fee of £13million pounds, ( watch us go flying up the league) rather unlike Everton to complete a signing without any last minute hitches, oh hang on a minute there is still the work permit to sort out, Alan, he is ineligible to play against the Barcodes on Wednesday. JJC.
filsgreen

Brunnyboy wrote:this new forward try him against Newcastle got to be better than lukaku
What do want Alan? Lukaku is the second best scorer behind Vardy.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/pre ... op-scorers
Invicta

My man in Moscow rates him but reckons he can be a bit stroppy and tends to take an extra three rolls when he gets touched. wink: K
henry

What did your man in Russia think of VORONIN I bet he thought he was also good but in reality he was a waste of space playing for Liverpool
HENRY BORN FLORIDA STREET OFF STRAND ROAD
Invicta

He was from the Ukraine , Henry and well past his best when he came to us. K
EdMcDonald

Invicta wrote:My man in Moscow rates him but reckons he can be a bit stroppy and tends to take an extra three rolls when he gets touched. wink: K
Bread rolls or jam rolls. :shock:
Brunnyboy

lakaku never rated him never works hard enough first touch is awful
john j connell

Alan, since you have been watching Everton you have been brought up watching the likes of Young, Pickering, Royle Latchford Lineker Ferguson,etc etc, playing centre forward for Everton, so i can in a way understand your criticism of Lukaku, i am of the opinion that his hold up play, his work rate and even his first touch have all improved considerably this season, play to his strengths and he is unplayable. Apart from Vardy i cannot think of anyone else i would swap him for right now.JJC.
EdMcDonald

john j connell wrote:Alan, since you have been watching Everton you have been brought up watching the likes of Young, Pickering, Royle Latchford Lineker Ferguson,etc etc, playing centre forward for Everton, so i can in a way understand your criticism of Lukaku, i am of the opinion that his hold up play, his work rate and even his first touch have all improved considerably this season, play to his strengths and he is unplayable. Apart from Vardy i cannot think of anyone else i would swap him for right now.JJC.

Dolly Parton maybe. :wink:
bernie johno

“Although the result did not go our way everyone at Carlisle is humbled by the altruism shown by Everton Football Club. From the Everton Fans’ Forum who have raised over £9,000 for the Carlisle Community Sports Trust to the club donating kit to raise fund for the flood relief campaign, Everton have shown why they are known as The People’s Club.” :D :D :wink:
hood st ,norton st, spenser st ,
Brunnyboy

a decent win against a poor Newcastle everton a lot better after lukaku went off
john j connell

One of the poorest teams (Newcastle that is) that i have seen at Goodison for quite some time, but it was still one of those games that even when leading 1-0 you always thought one bad break going against you and it gets a bit nervy, but in the end it was a comfortable win, everyone played their part and the defence actually looked a little bit more composed. 3 points job done. JJC.
john j connell

Normal service has been resumed at Everton F C, strong team, impressive performance all round, JJC.
lynne99

You know what happens if you start praising them !!!!
Brunnyboy

Played better with out bains and stones