EFC - talk about Everton Football club here

Join in here with our very own Bootle Chatterbox...
EdMcDonald

Brunnyboy wrote:Played better with out bains and stones
Add Tim Howard to that list :roll:
Home of the "Edmonton Oilers" Future Stanley Cup Champions. :D
A long way from Duncan B.C. :wink:
efc46

Good result for Everton still dont what R.M. sees in Kone ???
Davey Rowlands Bootle
Brunnyboy

fans going on about the price of a ticket the last time I went I paid ten pound fifty for a ticket swore I would never pay that again in the 90s never been since most of the players are not much better than pub players even got rid of my sky just stream all the everton games very rear I watch any one else not intrested in other teams sooner watch darts
Invicta

john j connell wrote:Normal service has been resumed at Everton F C, strong team, impressive performance all round, JJC.
Sorry John, couldn't resist. K
EdMcDonald

Bladdy awful. Can't figure out what the manager sees in Kone. Lukaku should be off loaded ASAP as well. :evil:
Brunnyboy

Everton chasing the game paid 13 million for a forward bring osman on says it all about the manager
Invicta

Was Lennon injured? He looked your best player.
Martinez still trying to justify buying Kone, a bit like Rodgers and Joe Allen.
Typical Pulis team, organised and resolute defending. :wink: Ken
efc46

Yet again a game of should have won but lost WHY keep playing Kone ? were is the new striker the blame has got to be with Rubber toe bad tactics same old BORING one game to forget
Davey Rowlands Bootle
john j connell

Fair do's, no need to be sorry Ken. The only thing wrong about today's game was Everton not being able to get the ball in the back of the net, down mainly to good defending by West Brom and them having the lions share of any luck that was going, just one of those days,Roberto (,,and not for the first time this season)got it wrong on his substitutions, i would have kept Lennon on, Lukaku hasn't really been the same since he went over on his ankle against Man City. Alan the new lad Niasse wasn't in the team or on the bench because he is carrying a slight injury, seen him yesterday with his ankle strapped up (nothing serious) , JJC.
bernie johno

john j connell wrote:Fair do's, no need to be sorry Ken. The only thing wrong about today's game was Everton not being able to get the ball in the back of the net, down mainly to good defending by West Brom and them having the lions share of any luck that was going, just one of those days,Roberto (,,and not for the first time this season)got it wrong on his substitutions, i would have kept Lennon on, Lukaku hasn't really been the same since he went over on his ankle against Man City. Alan the new lad Niasse wasn't in the team or on the bench because he is carrying a slight injury, seen him yesterday with his ankle strapped up (nothing serious) , JJC.
been the story of are season john plenty of chances going a miss, done enough to take all 3 points today as has happened a lot this season.
Think we play some great football but its been a funny season beat stoke 3-0 could of easily been 6 or 7 they go to Bournemouth and win comfortably
going down to Bournemouth next week hope we can get the result we need mate
hood st ,norton st, spenser st ,
lynne99

I told you last week.... You praised them then they lose. Always the way :D
john j connell

Done what was needed on the day, a step closer to Wembley, (anyone anywhere in the next round), JJC. ps, caught a glimpse of Bernie Johno in the crowd (twice).
EdMcDonald

Will someone please teach Lukaku how to trap and control a ball :oops: :evil:
john j connell

Everton drawn to play Chelsea at home in the quarter finals of the F A Cup, to be played 11th-14th March. JJC.
john james ingham

that will do for me john very glad we got a home draw 90 mins away from Wembley.
born bank rd off strand rd.
EdMcDonald

john james ingham wrote:that will do for me john very glad we got a home draw 90 mins away from Wembley.
Jeez JJ. You must live near the Elephant & Castle. :shock:
efc46

We can beat Chelsea cum on everton
Davey Rowlands Bootle
oldroanerroamer

Watched Barrow vs Forest Green 2:2 on Saturday, Barrow had Everton kid Michael Donohue playing first match of a 1 month loan, he did really well first game in mens football my Man of the Match.
john j connell

Everton never needed to get out of 2nd gear to win against Aston Villa tonight, my only complaint would be that they thought it was too easy and as a result ended up being guilty of some slow build up play and quite a few misplaced passes, but 3 points away from home (again) will do me. Another plus is that in Funes Mori i think Everton have found the new Derek Mountfield, onward Evertonians, we shall not be moved. JJC.
Brunnyboy

happy with the win john but rather disappointed with performance the midfield is lacking
efc46

A win is a win
Davey Rowlands Bootle
john j connell

Came away from Goodison today rather disappointed, i thought Roberto played a blinder tactics wise up until 12 minutes from time, taking off Lennon, (my man of the match) and bringing on Niasse left us somewhat short in midfield, Niasse (not fit in my opinion) offered nothing as regards tracking back/ closing down, even a tired Lennon would have been a better option. Everton play some great football going forward but the defence constantly get exposed from crosses, as far as i know, Everton don't have a designated coach for the defensive side of the team, and the defence right now is not ruthless/aggressive enough to cope with what gets thrown at them when the opposition go to plan B and start lumping the ball forward. It is another game that we should learn something from (but will we), Massive game for Roberto in the cup next week against Chelsea, he needs to win this one to keep the fans onside. anyway it's over, it's done, nothing is going to change the result so i for one won't be letting it get me down. JJC.
EdMcDonald

Why the heck is Lukaku taking penalties. He is absolute garbage kicking them. Besic had a good game and should start ahead of Barry. Thought Funes had his worst game for us, seems unable to get big guys away from centers.
Martinez confuses me with his subs. This new guy looks damn awful.
Back to brandy. :evil:
efc46

We played well until R.M. TOOK of man of the match lennon as for the new signing coming on we were on the back foot WAKE UP R.M.
Davey Rowlands Bootle
EdMcDonald

Everton better beat Chelsea on Saturday else Martinez is out of a job. Having said that, I bet Kone will start on left wing :evil: :twisted:
henry

My bet is on 1_1 Buying money :wink:
HENRY BORN FLORIDA STREET OFF STRAND ROAD
john j connell

Just about to leave for Goodison, get on 4-1 for Everton. JJC.
EdMcDonald

john j connell wrote:Just about to leave for Goodison, get on 4-1 for Everton. JJC.

Watching England v Wales at the moment. Everton are on in just under an hour.
England to batter Wales and Everton to get a squeaky win. :wink:
lynne99

I would love so much for Everton to win, but I am afraid it will be otherwise. I dare not even watch it, but I am using my EVERTON mug. Fingers crossed hey.
EdMcDonald

lynne99 wrote:I would love so much for Everton to win, but I am afraid it will be otherwise. I dare not even watch it, but I am using my EVERTON mug. Fingers crossed hey.

Keep that Everton mug handy. Take it to Wembley with you. :D :D
bob. b

For me well done Everton :D :D :D :D
Good luck in the Final think they will win
efc46

wot a first goal second was'nt bad too cum on you blues
Davey Rowlands Bootle
henry

i think the game would have been over if the sitter that costa missed would have gone in but give E,F.C their due they stuck at it and harrished chelsea when costa was sent off and what a goal that first one was by lukaku and may be in line for goal of the season :P
Hope they go all the way and win it (Best of luck)
HENRY BORN FLORIDA STREET OFF STRAND ROAD
john j connell

4-1 did i say (throwing away money) i am glad i don't gamble. First things first, thank you Mr Mourinho for selling Mr Lukaku to Everton. Big win for the blues tonight and totally deserved, i thought Roberto got everything right tonight even the substitutions. Aaron Lennon should be the first name on the team sheet every week, i just love the commitment and energy he puts in every time he plays, Gareth Barry has had an outstanding season so i can forgive him for his stupid second yellow that got him sent off, and as for Romalu Lukaku, the man has his critics but when he gets the right service he is unstoppable (reminds me of Didier Drogba) and he is still only 22, only mentioned 3 individuals but the whole team performed well tonight. Looking forward to a day out in the smoke for the semi's and hopefully if everything goes to plan another visit on the 21st of May. as for the Diego Costa incident i hope he is given the same punishment as Luis Suarez for his unsportsmanlike (biting) conduct, i like a player with a bit of aggression but that dirty ba$tard oversteps the mark. Came away from Goodison in a far better mood than i did last week, it's funny what a game of togger can do to you. JJC.
Bonesy

Excellent win yesterday and well deserved. Interesting article about Mike Trebilcock talking about the F A cup final of 50 years ago.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... esday.html

keith