EFC - talk about Everton Football club here

Join in here with our very own Bootle Chatterbox...
NIKO

Hello John,hope you and the family are well,just going back my to my roots☺
BEN....
john j connell

Fine Ben, hope you and yours are in good health, nice to hear from you. John J.
NIKO

All well here John thanks.
BEN....
graham01

Motd 2 is a must watch tonight if just for the post match interviews.graham.
origin waterloo.present and future bootle.
bernie johno

NIKO wrote:All well here John thanks.
Alright Ben good to see you posting again mate at the airport see you soon , Bernie
hood st ,norton st, spenser st ,
efc46

a piont a point so as a blue we got a point
Davey Rowlands Bootle
Bill fawcett

[quote][/quote] Henry
"I don't think that ref will play another game in the premier and why wasn't that Everton player booked for diving and just seeing the game as it was played :?:"

Henry, as a Liverpool supporter of over 65 years, IMO you are talking a load of rubbish in saying that the ref will not referee another game. Nine out of every ten refs would have given a penalty, and if it had been at the other end then you would have been screaming for a penalty. The person to blame for the defeat was Klopp with his crazy team selection. If he had picked his strongest team we would have won easily.

Ernie, if that was the most enjoyable draw you have ever witnessed then you are very easily pleased.
I would have been absolutely disgusted if Liverpool had put in a performance like that.

Bill
john j connell

Bill fawcett wrote:

I would have been absolutely disgusted if Liverpool had put in a performance like that.

Bill, you say you would have been disgusted if Liverpool had put on a performance like that, let's just switch it around and put Liverpool in Evertons present situation.
You have not had a great start to the season and you have for the best part had an unsettled defence that is lacking in confidence that has been leaking goals on a regular basis, you have just changed your whole management and coaching staff and to top it all you are playing away to your rival neighbours who have for the last 2 years have had a settled management and players forming a team that is scoring goals for fun. Now be honest in the circumstances tell me what way would have set your team up to play. ps, i like your honesty with Henry. JJC.
Bill fawcett

John, I was not really having a go at Everton for playing that way, I was having a go at Ernie for saying it was the most enjoyable draw he had ever witnessed in 75 years. I am pretty sure you were not delighted with the way Everton performed, pleased with the result yes,but not the performance. Ernie must have seen an awful lot of terrible matches.

Bill
Ernie Jackson. (Bunty)

Bill. Maybe I can clarify.

The game wasn't the best by any means.

My post was to say that it was the most enjoyable draw....not the most enjoyable game.
After the adversity and gloom of what we thought was to be a good season. like most. I anticipated that we would get thrashed.

The posts from reds prior to the game were, I thought, smug and they all also expected a very successful Liverpool team to murder us.

My enjoyment was from the fact that we got a draw against all odds, both before and during the game.

This is maybe a short term thing as the cup game is not far off but I will enjoy the time until then and hope for at least a similar result.

Red/Blue banter is always just that. Unusually of late we have bragging rights and it is the first time I can remember that they come from a draw.

Klopp is an outsider and he hasn't yet learned how important a derby result is to all of us. No manager has ever tinkered with team selection for a derby.
lynne99

Can anybody tell me what the little silver man on Sam's lapel (and other managers too) is. Been puzzling me. Thanks Lynne
Invicta

Prostate Cancer Lynn. Many of the managers wear them including Rafa Benitez. :wink: Ken
lynne99

Thanks Invicta, such a good cause.
henry

Ernie Jackson. (Bunty) wrote:IT ONLY TOOK A MINUTE FOR US TO GET ONE..

IT TOOK THEM 90

Looks like KLOPP (Smug) has been CLIPPED.
If you watched the game in fact it took us 42 mins :shock: and your team 77 mins :idea:
R :D :D N E Y

Invicta wrote:Prostate Cancer Lynn. Many of the managers wear them including Rafa Benitez. :wink: Ken
HENRY BORN FLORIDA STREET OFF STRAND ROAD
bernie johno

a few pics from the other day :D :D :wink:
Ernie Jackson. (Bunty)

Quite right Henry, although taken in a different context. It all adds up to the same thing, whatever team you support.

One for you and one for us.

History.
bernie johno

well from sunny Cyprus to Newcastle tomorrow night now this will be cold :D :D :wink:
my take on the game on sunday as I was in Cyprus so watched it on the telly it was like a game of chess kasparov v fisher .allardyce v klopp and for me big sam got the moves right
most of my fella evertonians over here expected a red win based on seasons form and Liverpool scoring for fun so to walk away with a point and see klopp go into meltdown the day ended well.everton need to improve as the rest of the season goes on but to make southhampton look like brazil and then go four games unbeaten and score 10 goals baby steps.
o and carra tweeted after the f.a draw we can ruin evertons Christmas and new year,my Christmas will be fine.
bernie johno

ticket for tonight leaving at 2-30 now that's something I could not do if I was working :D :D :wink:
lynne99

Brilliant Bernie have a couple of cheers for me !!
EdMcDonald

An away win at last. Beating Newcastle 1-0. :D Rooney scored again as well. :shock:
Home of the "Edmonton Oilers" Future Stanley Cup Champions. :D
A long way from Duncan B.C. :wink:
john j connell

Oh yes. Sam is the man. JJC.
bernie johno

enjoyed the game yesterday never got in till 10mins after kick off due to traffic and anyone who has been to Newcastle will know how many flights of stairs you have to climb.
defence again seems to have steadied and we had are moments upfront.Wayne seems happy and has scored as many goals as lukaku despite us being poor for most of the season and united challenging for champions league again. :D :D :wink:
bernie johno

as you can see we where high up at newcastle :D :D :wink:
Invicta

Add Arsenal & LFC new stand to the nosebleed stands Bernie but the worst I ever experienced was the Nou Camp, Barcelona, oxygen job :lol: Ken
bernie johno

Invicta wrote:Add Arsenal & LFC new stand to the nosebleed stands Bernie but the worst I ever experienced was the Nou Camp, Barcelona, oxygen job :lol: Ken
yeah been to barcelona and arsenal cant see me going to anfield though ken not been there since the 80s :D :D :wink:
john j connell

[quote="bernie johno"][quote (cant see me going to anfield though ken not been there since the 80s)

Bernie, i can honestly say i have never seen Everton lose at Anfield, the last time i darkened the door was in 1964 when we won 4-0, (Temple, Pickering Harvey and Morrissey). Come to think of it that would be about the same time as a few fanatical Liverpudlians i know last darkened the turnstiles at Anfield.
I have got Newcastle down as the worst away end of any ground i have ever been to, and on the numerous occasions i have been there i have not been impressed by the police or the stewards at the away end, they could learn from the stewards at Goodison and i suppose the same applies to Anfield (i think the same stewards cover both grounds).
Looking forward to going to Goodison tonight, everyone will have this down as the most winnable game Everton have had since Mr Allardyce took over but lets not forget, this is Everton we talking about. JJC.
bernie johno

john j connell wrote:
bernie johno wrote:[quote (cant see me going to anfield though ken not been there since the 80s)

Bernie, i can honestly say i have never seen Everton lose at Anfield, the last time i darkened the door was in 1964 when we won 4-0, (Temple, Pickering Harvey and Morrissey). Come to think of it that would be about the same time as a few fanatical Liverpudlians i know last darkened the turnstiles at Anfield.
I have got Newcastle down as the worst away end of any ground i have ever been to, and on the numerous occasions i have been there i have not been impressed by the police or the stewards at the away end, they could learn from the stewards at Goodison and i suppose the same applies to Anfield (i think the same stewards cover both grounds).
Looking forward to going to Goodison tonight, everyone will have this down as the most winnable game Everton have had since Mr Allardyce took over but lets not forget, this is Everton we talking about. JJC.
my last game john was 2-0 lineker and radcliffe was in the kop with all the chaucer lads including a young carra :D :D :wink:
john j connell

Bernie,I was coming through Crosby on Saturday (just finished a job) i was talking to Jamie he said he was off to Phillies to watch a bit of footy on the box, he was asking me what i thought about Mr Allardyce, he was saying that he is at Goodison tonight with Sky, JJC.
bernie johno

john j connell wrote:Bernie,I was coming through Crosby on Saturday (just finished a job) i was talking to Jamie he said he was off to Phillies to watch a bit of footy on the box, he was asking me what i thought about Mr Allardyce, he was saying that he is at Goodison tonight with Sky, JJC.
yes john him and Neville usually do the Monday footy together :D :D :wink:
bernie johno

john j connell

Poor first half decent second half, 3 points, weighed in at Goodison. The kids are impressing me more every time i see them. Toss up for man of the match between Aaron Lennon and Jonjoe Kenny. JJC.
Ernie Jackson. (Bunty)

I was not impressed by our display tonight and fear our next result should we play like we did tonight. Chelsea are NOT Swansea.

Some consolation was from Sams wise words when he outlined the class of the senior players not available through injury.

We will have a very strong mixture of senior and young talented players with plenty of healthy competition for places when they come back.
Bernie R

JJC

EFC and LFC are something unique in that both clubs employ their own Stewards as opposed to contracting them in from security firms. A lot of the boys and girls do work both grounds; however it's only because they've signed up to work for both clubs. As with the fans, there are many among both camps who would never step foot across the park into 'enemy territory'.

I've been involved in stewarding since 2010 and, while I parted company with EFC this season (needed more weekends for me and mine), I've enjoyed being part of both teams and I'm proud to report that the stewarding operation at both clubs have won numerous awards over recent years.

Bern
Born and raised in Romeo Street, later Lambeth Walk, Jersey Close, Garden Place, Hawthorne Rd, Gonville Rd now Netherton
bernie johno

I think the stewards at everton are great with sitting in the same seat they are almost like your mates as you see them at all the home games :D :D :wink:
dannylewis

Like watchin paint dry