LFC - talk about Liverpool Football club here

Join in here with our very own Bootle Chatterbox...

Re: LFC - talk about Liverpool Football club here

Postby Brunnyboy » Sun Dec 11, 2016 9:08 pm

with out coutinho they are miles away can Liverpool keep him or will he go to one of the big clubs
Brunnyboy

Postby Bill fawcett » Sun Dec 11, 2016 10:50 pm

Too much sideways and backward passing, particularly from Henderson & Matip

Bill
Bill fawcett

Postby Invicta » Mon Dec 19, 2016 11:05 pm

GET IN :lol: :lol: :lol: Ken :D
Invicta

Postby Bernie R » Tue Dec 20, 2016 10:12 am

Couldn't resist - just had to make a meme out of this...

Born and raised in Romeo Street, later Lambeth Walk, Jersey Close, Garden Place, Hawthorne Rd, Gonville Rd now Netherton
Bernie R

Postby Invicta » Tue Dec 20, 2016 11:15 am

Bernie :D :D :D K
Invicta

Postby Invicta » Wed Dec 28, 2016 5:57 pm

Still going well . Nice to see Crouchie, Allen & Johnson back at Anfield. Still believe Allen could have done a job for us as not convinced yet by Wijnaldum.

Big game , City next up. YNWA .

Ken
Invicta

Postby Ernie Jackson. (Bunty) » Wed Dec 28, 2016 6:00 pm

Four lucky goals :lol:
Ernie Jackson. (Bunty)

Postby Bernie R » Wed Dec 28, 2016 6:04 pm

Remember the days when Stevie G was our main man then Alonso shone (he was always good but I mean SHONE!) whenever Stevie was injured/suspended?

Is the same thing going on just now with Coutinho and Lallana (respectively)?

Bern
Born and raised in Romeo Street, later Lambeth Walk, Jersey Close, Garden Place, Hawthorne Rd, Gonville Rd now Netherton
Bernie R

Postby Invicta » Wed Dec 28, 2016 6:08 pm

Lallana has blossomed under Klopp, more like the player he was at Southampton.
Hendo is also growing in stature but I agree with Jamie Carragher, buy Joe Hart if he is available and get Matip back.
Ken
Invicta

Postby Invicta » Sun Jan 01, 2017 12:26 pm

Happy New Year, Red everywhere :D
I wasn't sure about Wijnaldum at first but he'll do for me, great goal, great result. YNWA
Ken :D
Invicta

Postby Bernie R » Sun Jan 01, 2017 5:08 pm

Only saw the second half.

Nervy, backs to the wall stuff but we held on for a very important 3 points.

Klopp, after a few bob, asked Milner if he had any Euros in his pocket - Milner replied, 'No boss, only Sterling!' :wink: :lol:
Bernie R

Postby Eddy Lloyd » Sun Jan 01, 2017 7:18 pm

:) :) :)
Eddy Lloyd Knowsley Road, Irlam Road.
Now in Waterloo
Eddy Lloyd

Postby Ernie Jackson. (Bunty) » Sun Jan 01, 2017 11:46 pm

Bernie. Who is Stevie G.???

I thought you relied on Billie Liddell ...........even though he was thought to be an immigrant.???

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
Ernie Jackson. (Bunty)

Postby Bernie R » Tue Jan 03, 2017 1:05 am

Ernie, you forget I'm a young pup (well, relatively speaking at least :wink: ).

"Liddellpool" was before my time.

:lol: :lol:

Bern
Bernie R

Postby Bernie R » Tue Jan 03, 2017 1:09 am

A frustrating result for the Reds to end the festive programme.

It's great beating Chelsea, Arsenal, Everton and City, but LFC have to learn to deal with the so called lesser clubs like Bournemouth and Sunderland if they're going to keep pace with Chelski!

Bern
Bernie R

Postby Brunnyboy » Tue Jan 03, 2017 9:08 am

Everton have as much chance as winning the league and we have no chance it's man united for me they are starting to come good even collymore thinks Utd will finish above Liverpool
Brunnyboy

Postby Bernie R » Thu Jan 05, 2017 10:56 am

Happy to see Spurs exact revenge on Chelski for last season's ruination of the former's title dream.

Good result for the league in general as it pegs Chelski back.

That said, it makes the Sunderland draw even more frustrating as LFC could have been just 3 points behind with Conte's crew visting Anfield in a few weeks.

Down side is that it brings a good Spurs side into the mix as well.

Bern
Bernie R

Postby lily8 » Thu Jan 05, 2017 11:04 am

Just good enough for me to see LFC back in a good spot again, my brother has travelled the world as a supporter over many years and he is well pleased with Mr Klopp :D
Lily
lily8

Postby Brunnyboy » Thu Jan 05, 2017 11:24 am

A lot of average teams in the league any one of the top six can win it but the 2 who are on the best runs Utd and spurs for me Liverpool don't seem to be able to show any consistent form away from home coming unstuck against the bottom teams
Brunnyboy

Postby Bernie R » Thu Jan 05, 2017 12:09 pm

Fair shout Alan - as I said above, we have to learn to put the "lesser" teams to bed to win the title.

Bern
Bernie R

Postby Bernie R » Mon Jan 09, 2017 1:04 pm

Disappointing game yesterday. Chatting before the game with mates we agreed that JK had over-tweaked the team even if it is good to give the kids a run-out. Although we had a strong bench to give reinforcements, I've never agreed with that plan - think it's far better to play the big guns and then take them off if/when a comfortable lead is established.

Now, on the heels of a packed festive programme, there's an extra game to contend with in between the 2 League Cup semi final matches.

Bern
Bernie R

Postby Eddy Lloyd » Mon Jan 09, 2017 2:27 pm

Didn't we win the league playing just 13 players.
I don't think klopp got it too wrong we had 80% of the play in the first half, maybe should have started Sturridge.
Now in Waterloo
Eddy Lloyd

Postby Ernie Jackson. (Bunty) » Mon Jan 09, 2017 3:10 pm

You have one of the success teams of the Premier so far this season and yet there always seems reasons for criticism when games are not won.

Klopp doesn't have the advantage of knowing what might happen but does his best & picks his team from an excellent squad as he sees it.. If you had won 1-0 then everyone would be happy but the bounce of a ball in a split second can change the result and 80% of the play doesn't always win the game. There are 19 teams in the Premier league. every season who don't achieve what they had hoped for at the start.

Sixteen teams in the Premier league, mine included, really envy the heights the LFC have reached. You're season is far from over but if you achieve anything less than top then you and your fans will be disappointed. Through the eyes of other fans that would be acceptable. (Until we reach it then we too, would want more).

Maybe you have had it too good?.
Ernie Jackson. (Bunty)

Postby Bernie R » Fri Jan 13, 2017 10:09 am

Maybe my comments have been misunderstood? I'm really happy with the way things are going at LFC (who wouldn't be?) but agree with Eddy in that starting with Studge (and possibly Lallana) may have given us the early breakthrough that's needed in a tricky cup tie like that. Result - the extra fixture that JK wouldn't have wanted.

Ernie, you may have a point - we may have had it too good; both historically speaking and since Jurgen has taken over the reins. I'm not a fickle fan who immediately berates the team/boss as soon as something goes wrong and apologise to all if my post gave that impression. That said, I still feel a slightly stronger starting line-up was a better idea - and that was said before the game without the gift of hindsight.

On to Wednesday. Not a lot to say really. Possession stats were great but without penetration they mean nowt at the end of the day. Thankfully Karius redeemed himself after some howlers earlier in the season - it's probably down to him that we're still in the tie. So, we come back to Anfield to a second leg of a semi final trailing 1-0 - here's hoping Southampton get what Villareal got in the same circumstances in May then.

Bern
Bernie R

Postby henry » Fri Jan 13, 2017 11:56 am

If you have not read UK biography you will read that when he was a manager in Germany he says that when Dortmand were playing badly and had injuries his team would play deeper and pass the ball to the goalkeeper and when possible play the long balls just to get the ball into the opposition's half and also put the ball out of play just to break the tempo of the game and to me that's what liverpool have been doing since we lost Coutino and Henderson.
HENRY BORN FLORIDA STREET OFF STRAND ROAD
henry

Postby Ernie Jackson. (Bunty) » Fri Jan 13, 2017 1:06 pm

Thanks Henry and Bernie for your good, informative and common sense posts.

Having enjoyed the privilege of being involved with LFC in a playing capacity as a kid I never cease to wonder how much the game has changed. We would join the team, get changed and go out to play football and invariably the best team would win. .

It is now so technical that a tactic can be formed to help a bad team beat a good team, whatever the territorial advantage.

Liverpool will, as a result 'murder' Southampton territorially in the second leg. Southampton will already have formulated an excellent plan to prevent Liverpool from scoring. Klopp has already formulated a plan to overcome the obstacle. And so on.

It almost gives me a headache trying to figure it out.
Ernie Jackson. (Bunty)

Postby Bernie R » Mon Jan 16, 2017 10:08 am

Given the form MUFC were in (9 consecutive wins), I think most Reds would have taken a point before yesterday's game but in the end, I'm not alone in being disappointed the lads couldn't hold on to the lead and claim all 3 points. I guess Gigi will be getting extra coaching in how to finish off chances this week?

That said, not many teams come away from the theatre of screams with anything and at least EFC did their bit to hamper City's challenge - so well done to them.

Chelski are looking very strong contenders - if they win at Anfield on 31/01 I don't think we'll catch them but, even then there'll be plenty of football still to be played.

Bern
Bernie R

Postby Eddy Lloyd » Mon Jan 16, 2017 10:24 am

I'm happy with a point at Old Trafford but it could have been so different if we'd taken our chance with minutes to go.
Now in Waterloo
Eddy Lloyd

Postby Bernie R » Thu Jan 19, 2017 10:21 am

The Reds made heavy weather of tat replay last night. Well done to Plymouth as it was far from an easy ride.

Guess the result is what matters after all and, thankfully, we're through to the next round and, as a bonus, it's given the kids more experience too.

Will be interesting to see if Jurgen fields such a weakened team against Wolves or will the difference between a Championship and a League 2 side dictate otherwise???

Bern
Bernie R

Postby Bernie R » Thu Jan 19, 2017 10:24 am

5 managers sitting in a bar. Wenger, Klopp, Mourinho, Koeman and Guardiola. Wenger gets up and buys 5 pints of lager, Klopp gets up and buys 5 whiskeys, Mourinho gets up and buys 5 shots then Guardiola gets up and buys 4 pints. Koeman says "Hey Pep where's my pint?" Pep says "Sorry Ronald but you're not in the fourth round".
Bernie R

Postby Eddy Lloyd » Thu Jan 19, 2017 10:46 am

Terrible game, I can understand bringing in one or two young lads for the experience but wholesale changes disrupt continuity. We are lucky to be in the next round.
Now in Waterloo
Eddy Lloyd

Postby Brunnyboy » Sat Jan 21, 2017 3:34 pm

long ball liverpool could not scrape a draw against bottom of the league Swansea then again nowhere good enough to win the league but top 4 and qualify for the nowhere league and play against proper league winners
Brunnyboy

Postby Bill fawcett » Sat Jan 21, 2017 11:35 pm

What has happened to the football Liverpool were playing a couple of months ago?
Then, it was fast slick passing,whereas now they are just concentrating on possession for possessions sake.
It is all slow sideways and backward passing, giving the opposition defences all the time in the world to organise themselves.
They need to get back to playing with some urgency from the start.

Bill
Bill fawcett

Postby Eddy Lloyd » Sun Jan 22, 2017 11:53 am

We must have a target man from the start. M. O. D. pundits got it right, pointing out lack of bodies in the box throughout the first half. Overloaded with tippy tappy midfield players going nowhere.
Now in Waterloo
Eddy Lloyd

Postby Bernie R » Mon Jan 23, 2017 10:17 am

Regulars in my block at Anfield described that first half as the worst they had ever see there! :(
Bernie R

PreviousNext

Return to Chat about anything with the Bootle Bucks