Fab Four Friday - Bernie R

Join in here with our very own Bootle Chatterbox...
Bonesy

Great track Bern.

Keith
Bernie R

Such sad news on Wednesday - Sinead O'Connor RIP

Born and raised in Romeo Street, later Lambeth Walk, Jersey Close, Garden Place, Hawthorne Rd, Gonville Rd now Netherton
Bonesy

Very sad. A tortured soul :cry:

Keith
bjones

Such very sad news of a special but sad lady; she wasn't built to last. RIP
Bee

"Life" is a gift to you. The way you live your life is your gift to those who come after.
Bernie R

The Revolver album celebrates its 57th release anniversary tomorrow, so here's one I didn't use when going through the remastered album tracks around the turn of year.

Born and raised in Romeo Street, later Lambeth Walk, Jersey Close, Garden Place, Hawthorne Rd, Gonville Rd now Netherton
bjones

Thanks Bernie.
If asked which is my favourite Beatles album I usually plump for Rubber Soul because that one had some of my favourite songs on but as an album I think perhaps Revolver beats it... but then again there's the White Album ... too much choice :( ... :D
Bee

"Life" is a gift to you. The way you live your life is your gift to those who come after.
Bernie R

Personally, I love the simplicity of the first two movie soundtrack albums.
bjones

That's the same reason I prefer all the earliest stuff Bern. With few exceptions (I Will & Let it Be being amongst them) I'm not much of a fan from Sgt Pepper onwards.
Bee

Bernie R

Greetings from sunny Turkey with another from Revolver

bjones

Nice Bern, ta.
Bee

Bonesy

A great "feel good" tune from Los Beatles.

Keithos
Bonesy

Keithos
Bernie R

I imagine this selection will go down like a lead balloon but, as today marks the anniversary of Ringo's first appearance as a Beatle, and the song (twinned with Eleanor Rigby) was UK #1 on this date in 1966, I'm going for it anyway :lol:

Bonesy

Oh nooo. The dreaded Yellow Submarine.
Lead balloon it is mate, I managed 30 seconds 😀

Keith
bjones

No words Bern.... no words :cry:
Bee

filsgreen

I'd have to agree with Bee and Keith, Bernie, if he wasn't Ringo, he'd be laughed off the stage. He should stick to drumming. 😀
Bernie R

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Bernie R

Bee - just had top pick this one today to mark Sue and Roy's 34th wedding anniversary

Bonesy

Never heard that before, but I like that one Bern.

Keith
Bernie R

Off the Flowers In The Dirt album, mate - cracking LP.
bjones

Bee - just had top pick this one today to mark Sue and Roy's 34th wedding anniversary
That's nice of you Bern; great choice and not one I've heard before.
34 years sounds a long time but it truly feels even longer. I can hardly remember a time when "our Sue" wasn't family. Feels like I went from pushing Roy around in his pram to meeting the girl he loves; the boy did good!
Bee

Bernie R

Bee

We had a good night with the happy couple celebrating their anniversary last week. Bite to eat in The Courtyard then next door for Greasy Spoon just before it finished its run. Dunno if you and H enjoyed it but our party of 6 agreed it was probably the worst show we've seen at the Court. Same crew are out tonight for the Queen tribute at the arena when Queen, Quo and INXS bands try to recreate Queen's legendary 1986 Wembley show.

Moving swiftly on, following the unpopular Yellow Submarine a few weeks back, here's the other side of that 'Double A' as it was still holding the top slot two weeks later.

Bonesy

Classic Beatles or Paul McCartney :D

Keith
bjones

That's better Bern
Bee
Dunno if you and H enjoyed it but our party of 6 agreed it was probably the worst show we've seen at the Court.
Bern: the very reason I didn't report back last month :cry: Haven't seen anything so bad since
Her Benny the musical at the Empire 20 odd years ago. Escaped from that one to Ma Edgies at half time! Stuck it out with the Greasy Spoon hoping it'd get better...... it didn't!
Booked Boys from the Black Stuff for next month. Got a couple of known actors in it so hoping for better things.
Bee

Bernie R

Bee - we're at Blackstuff too. looking forward to that, although it will be a break from the normal RC fare.

Something a bit quirky this week 🤣

Peter Sellers did versions of a few Beatles tracks - here his vicar character, takes on Help as a sermon.

He would have been 98 today and, by coincidence, the real 'Help' was top of the US chart on this date in 1965.

Bonesy

Bern, I bought this and still have it. I'm sure it charted, definitely on TOTPs.

Keith
Bernie R

I have a copy of his Hard Days Night somewhere , too, mate.
Bonesy

Bern, wasn't the Hard Days Night one a mickey take on Lawrence Olivier?

Keith
Bonesy

Bit of indulgence by me Bern.
What could be better on a hot, sunny day ?
A Beatles track, covered by The Beach Boys.

Keith
Bernie R

Bonesy wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2023 12:05 pm Bern, wasn't the Hard Days Night one a mickey take on Lawrence Olivier?
Keith
Yes - Sellers doing Olivier doing Richard III (or some such king)
Bernie R

On this date in 1995, hand written lyrics for "Getting Better" by Paul McCartney sold for $249,000 at a Sotheby's auction.

Bonesy

Love it Bern. Although, thought it was you know who, who had posted it from the other Beatle thread :roll: :wink:

Keith
Bernie R

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Ah yes - the Beatles thread by any other name! :wink:
Bernie R

Joan Jett turns 65 today, so here's her take on 'The Word' from the Beatles' 'Rubber Soul' album.

Interesting and certainly not unpleasant!

Bernie R

On this date in 1984, Prince's single "Let's Go Crazy" hit No. 1.
He then held the No. 1 single, album and film simultaneously.
Only the Beatles had accomplished the feat previously.
To mark that anniversary, enjoy his outstanding guitar work on this wonderful, all-star version of WMGGW.
RIP Prince and Tom Petty.