cryptic's

Join in here with our very own Bootle Chatterbox...
Bill fawcett

Shelagh, Adele completely wrong.
I will allow you Motzart even though your reasoning is completely wrong.

This pack (Wolf gang) had a test( MOT) on the last (Z) picture (Art) = Wolfgang Motzart.

I think you have all had too long a break from my strange thinking. :twisted:

Bill
Bernie R

Think i may actually have 1??

3 Jenny Lind?
Born and raised in Romeo Street, later Lambeth Walk, Jersey Close, Garden Place, Hawthorne Rd, Gonville Rd now Netherton
Bill fawcett

Well done Bernie

Little bird = Jenny. Got cover (Lid), in, the North (N) = Jenny Lind

They might all be beginning to click now :lol:

Bill
Shelagh

Bill, can't wait to find out who pop star is...not sure there can be many names left :D
Sorry about lack of reasoning for old Mozart, was just dashing out the door when I spotted extra clues, didn't give myself time to think, entered answers and ran :oops:
Thanks for your help with the reasoning :wink:

Well done Bern :D
Shelagh

Just had a little think about the group question;

No 8. ABBA - reasoning here - A female Before = AB - the measurement in the centre of the backside - B R A measurement = ABBA (best explanation I can give :roll: )
Bill fawcett

Not Abba I'm afraid Shelagh. Keep trying.

Bill
bjones

A desparate attempt at #10 LUIS FONSI (Luis and Alfonso were kings on the Iberian Peninsula).
Although I'm wondering if, whilst we're all looking for a name which consists of 2 kings' names we should also be looking for a name which means "got together" .....
Bee

"Life" is a gift to you. The way you live your life is your gift to those who come after.
Shelagh

Brain fog set in over here..will try to answer 6.

Ed Sheeran?
Bill fawcett

Bee, sorry,incorrect.
It is two kings you are looking for.

Shelagh, not Ed Sheeran

Bill
Shelagh

Just discovered another two kings that might just fit the bill..

No 10. James Arthur?

No 8. Chicago?

No 6. Hank Williams?
Bill fawcett

Shelagh, at last #10 is solved, James Arthur it is. Hoorah :)

The other two are incorrect though.

Well done

Bill
bjones

bjones wrote:Today I'm considering a new theory...... Bill spent his absence at a secret camp where he was radicalised into becoming a Tormentor, a close relative to the Dementor of Harry Potter fame. His mission is to turn all who read his posts into brainless loonies suffering from sleep disturbances peopled by such musical geniuses as Dicky Hudson and Ellie Inch- Bumcrack ........

before I get off to yet another school sports day I'll have a go a
t #10 based on Bill's further hints that it's a current pop singer - JAMES ARTHUR
I thought you'd dismissed James Arthur yesterday Bill????
Bee

"Life" is a gift to you. The way you live your life is your gift to those who come after.
Shelagh

Pleased about that Bill, hadn't heard of the singer before :roll:
Since discovered that he was an X Factor winner :D

Shame about the other two..so very difficult :(

No 4. Hunter Burgan?

No 5. Rita MacNeil?
bjones

Shelagh I'm amazed you didn't see that I'd suggested James Arthur yesterday morning as you did comment on my post :?
Bee

Shelagh

Bee..what can I say, so very sorry, I had genuinely forgotten that James Arthur had been suggested and dismissed...I definitely would not have wasted time searching for names, had I known..I think this situation calls for a Stewards Enquiry Bee :shock:
And once again, I sincerely apologise :-(
Have been getting sidetracked by the other stinkers (questions) your correct answer had been overlooked...SOZ our Bee :cry:
bjones

No apols needed Shelagh, I did the same with your suggestion of Charles & Eddie for the same one - I was just surprised you'd missed it as you'd actually commented on my post. As you say, it was a waste of time worrating away at other names but at least with that one being straight forward we could think about it while getting on with other stuff. :wink:
Bee

Bill fawcett

Bee, I apologise for missing the James Arthur answer, but when you first posted that reply I was laughing and read it out to my wife. The second half of your posting containing the James Arthur answer was definitely not there on my screen. Did you edit it immediately after posting the first part?. I did read your reply a couple of times because I thought it was very funny, so I don't know how I missed your answer. 'Very Strange' :oops:

Well done anyway, I am just amazed that that one lasted so long.

Bill
Shelagh

Sounds confusing Bee.. But a bit similar to Bill, your post at 8:34 am didn't show up on my 8:47am post..bit of a time delay going on in W.K. me thinks :D
bjones

Now I'm confused Shelagh, your 8.34 and 8.37 are showing up on my screen as 9.34 and 9.37 - perhaps Britishi Summer Time arrived south of the Mersey earlier than north :lol:
Bill, quite conceivable that I posted second half a minute or two later - I'm forever logging on to post something, then getting distracted posting something else and having to go back to write what I originally intended :( I know I defo posted James Arthur quite quickly after the original as we had an early start for sports day. Anyway; stewards enquiry over, we've a few more to crack. Will defer worrating at them until we return from Liverpool Maritime Festival :D
Bee

Bill fawcett

Sorry Shelagh, I forgot to reply to your last two answers. Unfortunately they were both incorrect.

Bill
Shelagh

Now that's a surprise :lol:
Starting to wonder where you got them from, Bill!!
Shelagh

Bee..Time has no meaning when one is engrossed in Bill's cryptic's :lol: :wink:
Shelagh

Back to the so-and-so cryptic Bill..todays guesses :?

4. Liberace?
5.Woody Guthrie?
6. Emmylou Harris?

(Have an idea for 8 but unrepeatable :lol:)
Bill fawcett

Sorry Shelagh, all incorrect.
Give us all a laugh and tell us your guess for 8. :D

Bill
Shelagh

Don't think so Bill..but it's the strangest name for a group :shock:

Will use some decorum and go for this group instead...

Bee bumble and the stingers :D
Bill fawcett

Not that one either Shelagh, but a good guess.

I think I will have to give some extra clues tomorrow, as everyone seems to be struggling at the moment.

Bill
Shelagh

Good idea Bill :wink:
Mensa International couldn't solve this lot :)
Bernie R

Copied from previous page to help us re-focus on 4, 5, 6 and 8

All music personalities

1. This pack had a test on the last picture - Wolfgang Motzart
2. The Swiss sound as though they had a night back at the hairdressers - Chris Barber
3. Could be a little bird got cover in the north - Jenny Lind
4. Sounds like the searcher found the princess asking her chaps if they were up for it - (an instrumentalist)
5. The tree was returned with the TVs programme in it and could it be a rider came after it - (Country)
6. Folk had this to get fantasy junction with thanks going to Kings in the east - (Country)
7. The golfer would hope he could do this with the bunker beneath the pine. - Carrie Underwood
8. A female before the measurement in the centre of the backside - (a group)
9. The Saint with some scousers mothers. - Bruno Mars
10. Two Kings got together - James Arthur
Born and raised in Romeo Street, later Lambeth Walk, Jersey Close, Garden Place, Hawthorne Rd, Gonville Rd now Netherton
Shelagh

Thanks Bern..saves confusion :wink:

5. CONNIE STEVENS or RAY STEVENS?
(did consider Cat Stevens, but he's listed as Folk)
Last edited by Shelagh on Mon Jun 26, 2017 11:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
bjones

Just because some of it fits some of the clue.....#8 LADY ANTEBELLUM?

Ha ha feeling quite confident now I've written that down. LADY ....ANTE.... B (EL) UM
Bee

Bernie R

Bee that just has to be right for number 8!
bjones

Yes Bern, feeling confident now. Initially only thought lady and bellum fitted thinking that "before" was just an indication of where the "female" should be place. Once I wrote it down the penny dropped. HOO FLIPPIN' RAH!
Bee

Bill fawcett

Congratulations Bee, spot on.

Female = Lady, before= Ante, B (Ell= measurement)UM.

Love that group, they have a distinctive sound. I bought their CD about 8 years ago after seeing them on The Breakfast Show,
The first time they came to the UK.

Bernie, thanks for moving the clues over.

Shelagh, wrong guess I'm afraid.

Bill
Shelagh

Well done Bee :wink: not heard of the group before, but with a name like that, doubt anyone will forget them :) only a few to go now..soon be there :wink:
Shelagh

5. WILLIE NELSON (this time)