Picture of the day - bernie johno

Join in here with our very own Bootle Chatterbox...
everliver

Outside the Blue Coat Liverpool
filsgreen

Nice photo, Bob.
bernie johno

great pics bob keep them coming mate :D :D :wink:
hood st ,norton st, spenser st ,
everliver

The City Liverpool Building
everliver

Fantastic Decor
everliver

What a Building hope l get the chance look around the other floors

Look at that ceiling dome
Bill fawcett

I used to go into The Port of Liverpool Building most days when I worked in the cotton trade. It is superb inside, and on every floor there were glass display cabinets with large scale model ships in each one. Well worth seeing.

Bill
lynne99

Ever Liver, I'm being dense again :( :( Where is the City Liverpool Building? It is absolutely Fantastic...
dorothy834

Great pictures from you all
Like the inside of the building I too will have

to ask Mr Google where it is..
dorothy834
Invicta

Was it the MD&HB building part of the Three Graces?
In my early Timber Trade apprentice days part was spent in Shipping Dept which involved Customs Entries, Shipping orders etc so I would,most days visit, The Customs, Cunard & MD&HB buildings as well as Lots of other shipping firms in other buildings. I remember the glorious architecture and the fabulous inside treasure including those ships in glass cases Bill.
:D Ken
everliver

No Ken it,s the Port of Liverpool Building was just joking to see if people noticed l hope get the chance to go back and take more picture what a building it is.
Invicta

MD&HB as was then Bob :wink: :D Ken
lynne99

I can't help it, I'm name dropping again. My uncle (Dad's Cousin ) Alan was the Harbour Master of the Port of Liverpool when I was little, 4 or 5 , don't think I appreciated architecture then, what a shame. :( I did appreciate being allowed on board the big ships though. :D
Bernie R

Little pic taken in "that London" yesterday

Born and raised in Romeo Street, later Lambeth Walk, Jersey Close, Garden Place, Hawthorne Rd, Gonville Rd now Netherton
Invicta

BT Tower near Euston? K
Bernie R

The very one Ken.

Had about 40 minutes waiting for the train so had the bright idea to have a quick walk around the station perimeter - I mean, it can't be that far can it???????
Wandered up the right hand side for ages before I could get across to come back down on the left (where i got the pic from).
I expected it to be like Lime Street where so much of the approach track is in tunnels or under bridges.
Ended up taking my seat with 5 minutes to spare - phew!

Bern
Born and raised in Romeo Street, later Lambeth Walk, Jersey Close, Garden Place, Hawthorne Rd, Gonville Rd now Netherton
Invicta

I worked nearby for a while. That area was known as Fitzrovia in those days not sure they still use that term now. :D Ken
Patricia

That is one neat photo you took Bernie - luv it!!! :D

Amish Country, Lancaster, Pennsylvania.
Patricia

Bernie - hope you're feeling better soon and back on line.Hate to see this link go to the second page so
here goes....................

The Wild Horses of Corrolla, North Carolin they're descendants of Spanish Mustangs left
by explorers . The first documented account of exploration dates back to 1528.
We took a guided tour to see them and although you really had to "Hang on" as the jeep went
zooming over the dunes it was great fun!!
bernie johno

great pics everyone will get back posting soon :D :D :wink:
bernie johno

boa vista ,cape verde. water supply and washing on the island :D :D :wink:
graham01

after many years searching for HOOPOES i finally got to see them on fuertaventura last week.many holidays in spain,greek islands and the canaries left me frustrated till last friday.
origin waterloo.present and future bootle.
BossHogg

Been busy on an animal handling course today, learning how to deal with loose dogs and horses on the motorway.

graham01

managed to get a good close up of this RUDDY TURNSTONE just by the salt museum in caleta de fueste,fuertaventura last week.
bernie johno

Image :D :D :wink:
bernie johno

Image :D :D :wink:
great pic mate
Patricia

Graham - You certainly captured some interesting birds have
never seen the likes before - great job! :D

Our Eastern Towhee has returned, so that means Spring must be on the way, somewhere!! :-)
Matt

Graham01 you should have gone to Israel on holiday a long time ago if you wanted to see Hoopoes.
They are the National bird! I saw soo many of them when went to the kibbutz(Ma'agan Michael) that my family lives on.
Funny Patricia the Towhees we have ,the Rufous Sided kind, are here all year long and in fact as I am writing this there's half a dozen of them
round the bird bath and the squirrel proof bird feeder just outside our dining room window.
Another weird thing Patricia.You say spring is just around the corner when you see the Towhees for us on the West Coast it is when the first
flocks of white capped sparrows arrive and the "(snow birds) Juncos disappear.Still lots of Juncos in our garden :)
Matt
graham01

PATRICIA,THANKS FOR YOUR COMMENTS.LOVEYOUR BIRDY TOO.
MATT,THERE IS NOT MUCH I DONT KNOW ABOUT THE HOOPOE,I HAVE SEARCHED FOR DONKEYS YEARS.READ EVERYTHING THERE IS A ABOUT THEM.FINALLY GOT TO PUT A BIG TICK IN MY BIG BOYS BOOK OF BIRDS.
BERNIE,THANKS FOR THE BLOW UP.GRAHAM :D :D :D
Matt

Graham I know exactly how you must have felt when you put that tick alongside a photo of a Hoopoe.
I felt and did the same thing when I finally got a photo of a Rufous Hummingbird and then next day I watched but was not able to photograph
a Peregrine Falcon Taking a Mallard Duck about 20 metres away from me on Somenos Lake/Marsh here in the bird sanctuary right alongside the Trans Canada Highway
in the Cowichan Valley.Thank goodness for digital cameras or else I would have spent all my money on 35mm film :lol: :lol:
Matt
graham01

Matt,i got another lifer last week on fuettaventura.a sandpiper.i click away like a madman when i see a bird,5 minutes of clicking and then 2 weeks of deleting the crap. :D :D :D
Matt

Here is something new.A California Sea Lion swam right up the Cowichan River into the Somenos Creek which is about 50 metres from our house
then swam into the flooded parking lot that is under about 2 metres deep of flood water on the Trans Canada Highway and went exploring in the Somenos Lake/Marsh
Bird/Wildlife Sanctuary.Where it entered Graham was exactly the place I saw the Peregrine Falcon hunting.We have had massive flooding here in the Cowichan Valley
and the marsh is no longer a marsh but a huge lake,the sea lion then decided it had had enough and swam back the about 8 klms to Cowichan Bay :lol: :lol:
On that Google map Sheila and I live right where the yellow line crosses the red line of the seal lions journey just before it says Maple Bay Rd.
There is a better video showing that it is in fact a full grown California Sea Lion but I just am not able to post it. :(
https://www.pqbnews.com/.../video-of-ad ... vancouver-...
Matt
Patricia

Is this what you are talking about Matt - he comes for a visit every now and then!! :D

Matt

Yes that is the bird Patricia and I must say it is a wonderful photo.
The sea lion has made the National and some International News feeds .Finally Duncan is famous.
We have photographers all over the place in front of our house.Don't have the heart to tell them
that they are too bl***y late :lol: :lol: The sea lion is most likely half way up the East Coast of the Island by now!!
Anyway bye, bye all Leaving for Hong Kong/Vietnam/Singapore/Thailand very early in the morning.
Will post again in a couple of weeks or if the WiFi works on the Oceania Nautica.
Sheila and Matt
Silver-Haired-Hippy

Have a great trip Matt and Sheila, looking forward to seeing your photos, enjoy!

Loretta and Ricky xxx
A bit of Bootle in Wales