Morton Gardens

Your place to talk about your Bootle memories
Jan

:D

Hi,

I can't find the old thread for Morton Gardens so I am posting this new one.

I have a new book, recently published called "Down Our Street" a pictorial record of the local community of Bootle, compiled by Allan Boyle for Beatrice Street Local History Society.

The book is brilliant, it has loads of pictures of Bootle in and various places, people etc from various years, street parties in Beatrice Street, Bedford Road, Keble Road etc etc.

The book mentions Morton Gardens

Quote from the book

Morton Gardens where named after Alderman Andrew Morton who entered the council in 1890.

There is more but I don't want to go against copy rights!

Jan
Mack
Site Admin

Hi Jan

here is a link to the photograph of Morton Gardens...

http://www.bootlehistory.com/photos/old ... es/002.htm

Mack
Jan

Cheers Mack,

There is a pic of it in the book I mentioned above.

Jan
Sheila Graham
Location: Adelaide, South Australia. Formally Fernhill Road, Bootle

[quote="Jan"]:D

Hi,

I can't find the old thread for Morton Gardens so I am posting this new one.

I have a new book, recently published called "Down Our Street" a pictorial record of the local community of Bootle, compiled by Allan Boyle for Beatrice Street Local History Society.
-----------
Jan, is this book available at the website you gave me....I have heard of this book but I can't remember who told me about it.....sheila.g
Jan

Hi Sheila,

I don't think the book is that widely available yet, I bought my copy in the post office on Stanley Road, well worth £5.

It has pictures of the houses that were bombed in WW2 Bootle hospital, churches, pictures of local people in the 1960's, street parties of the Queens Jubilee in 1977.

ISBN 0- 1234567-8-9 printed by Ad4design, Liverpool

Jan
Sheila Graham

Jan wrote::D

Hi Sheila,

I don't think the book is that widely available yet, I bought my copy in the post office on Stanley Road, well worth £5.

It has pictures of the houses that were bombed in WW2 Bootle hospital, churches, pictures of local people in the 1960's, street parties of the Queens Jubilee in 1977.

ISBN 0- 1234567-8-9 printed by Ad4design, Liverpool

Jan
------
Would the PO still sell them.? I will ask my niece/cousin to see if they can get one for me....sheila.g
Jan

Sheila,

The post office should still have some, I have only had my copy about 3 weeks.

I will pop in on Monday and see if they have any left, I am sure they will get some more if they have ran out.

It's the post office on the corner of Wadham/Stanley Road.

Jan
Sheila Graham

Jan wrote::D

Sheila,

The post office should still have some, I have only had my copy about 3 weeks.

I will pop in on Monday and see if they have any left, I am sure they will get some more if they have ran out.

It's the post office on the corner of Wadham/Stanley Road.

Jan
----
Thanks for checking out the books for me Jan:-)
When I was a barmaid in the Windham one of the customers I was fond of was a young man who lived in Wadham Road.. And I was ward sister in Stanley Hospital but I wouldn't be able to take you to either road if I was there.
I must look in the map and see if I can my bearings from it....The mind isn't as good as it once was...:-) sheila.g