If You're Irish........................................

Your place to talk about your Bootle memories
Betty

Author Topic
Betty
Advanced Member

New Zealand
124 Posts
Posted - 17 Mar 2006 : 00:16:00
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lots of Scousers have Irish blood even if it's just a smidgeon like me, I had a great-grandmother from Tralee.
So here's wishing everybody a

!

liverpool49

USA
5 Posts
Posted - 17 Mar 2006 : 04:04:11
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

With a name like Vincent and a sister called Maureen where else could my family come from other than Dublin. My grandparents were James and Florence (nee Fitzgerald) Jenkins.
Hope you all have a fine St Patricks.

Vince

sheilagraham
Advanced Member

Australia
58 Posts
Posted - 17 Mar 2006 : 04:45:41

quote:
Originally posted by Betty

Lots of Scousers have Irish blood even if it's just a smidgeon like me, I had a great-grandmother from Tralee.
So here's wishing everybody a

!

----
Thank you Betty...and the same to you...P.G.Grandparent and M.Grandma..Irish....sheila.g

Betty
Advanced Member

New Zealand
124 Posts
Posted - 17 Mar 2006 : 05:57:54

PS my GGgrandma was Mary Elizabeth Josephine Kelly dau of Michael Kelly - nothing more Irish than that, to be sure, to be sure!

[quote]Originally posted by Betty

vera
Advanced Member

Australia
20 Posts
Posted - 17 Mar 2006 : 08:14:30

Have A good St Patricks night to you all i married a Patrick
from Forkhill, Newry Co Armagh.

*********SLAINTE GAELIC FOr Cheers. Vera.**********

V.F.C.

henry
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
98 Posts
Posted - 17 Mar 2006 : 10:18:40

MY DADS NAME IS PATRICK AND SO IS MY ELDEST SON SO HAVE A HAPPY ST.PATRICKS DAY AND TOP OF THE MORNING TO EVERYBODY AND I WILL BE ON THE GUINNESS TONIGHT

vera
Advanced Member

Australia
20 Posts
Posted - 17 Mar 2006 : 10:29:57

Hi Henry *******************
( Slainte )How much do you pay now for a pint of Guinness. Vera.

V.F.C.

henry
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
98 Posts
Posted - 17 Mar 2006 : 10:38:01

Special offer on tonight £2 FOR A PINT and a Jamesons whiskey

FrannyD
Average Member

USA
8 Posts
Posted - 17 Mar 2006 : 17:50:47

To Mack,Jean,staff & to all members of the Board,
Have a safe & happy St Patricks day to you all. Both my parents were born in Ireland (Athlone & Dundalk) so I will have a few G's tonight. Visitors to Ireland always say how scenic the country is, but it is no better than Snowdonia or the Lake District, the BIG difference is the PEOPLE, they make it what it is,Brilliant!!.
Francis Michael Patrick. Would I qualify for being Irish?
Have a good one!!
Cheers.

Franny D

Tommy

5 Posts
Posted - 17 Mar 2006 : 20:09:17

WERE IS THE OFFER ON HENRY

sheila
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
33 Posts
Posted - 17 Mar 2006 : 20:14:35

When the 17th march comes I always remember that day 45 years ago. i was working for Laings in their office on the dock road where they were building Silcocks Mill. The majority of labourers were irish and being Lent they had given up the booze ... except for St Paddys day! The excavations had been dug, very deep , and all the men were in the pub celebrating the 17th. nobody realised that it was the spring tide and when the tide came in it the connections burst and the big hole filled up like a swimming pool, needless to say when the men returned rather worse for wear one by one they fell into this hole, i've never seen so many people sober up so quick, they were all soaking wet and as a gesture of goodwill the management sent them home in taxis.
sheila

vera
Advanced Member

Australia
20 Posts
Posted - 18 Mar 2006 : 05:29:45

Hi Sheila Bet that was a laugh. wet outside and in. Vera.

V.F.C.