Bibbys Lane

Your place to talk about your Bootle memories
BillB

Author Topic
BillB

United Kingdom
14 Posts
Posted - 11 Mar 2006 : 15:57:32
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Does anyone recall gathering nuts alongside the wharehouses on Bibbys Lane? I remember getting lots of nuts (the edible kind) alongside the warehouses, especially Brazil nuts.

The warehouses were just past the pub, the name of which escapes me?? I think the * Borough " though I may be wrong.

Regards

Bill

iplummer
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
49 Posts
Posted - 11 Mar 2006 : 22:56:44
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

quote:
Originally posted by BillB

Does anyone recall gathering nuts alongside the wharehouses on Bibbys Lane? I remember getting lots of nuts (the edible kind) alongside the warehouses, especially Brazil nuts.

The warehouses were just past the pub, the name of which escapes me?? I think the * Borough " though I may be wrong.

Regards

Bill

Hello Bill B - I think the pub you cant remember is called the Chaucer on the corner of marsh lane & Bibbys Lane - remember the nuts though - Irene plummer

Betty
Advanced Member

New Zealand
124 Posts
Posted - 12 Mar 2006 : 19:44:08

Did anyone know the Thompson family who lived Bibbys Lane in 1950s.? Mr & Mrs Thompson, who were both deaf & used sign language, had daughter Cath who I was great friends with but we lost touch. Would love to know what became of her..
degs69

I just remember the being a really scary story of a ghost that was o Bibbys lane I wouldn't go down there In dark, I remember the public baths at the end of Dryden street that was mad goin in for a bath ha
degs69

Hi It was the borough the Chaucer was a bit further up by the other warehouse the dyper or something like that is was called.
Sheelagh Tequila

Hiya Degs and welcome to the forum,

I used to go the Nutty, wasn`t it in Goldsmith street? always seemed to be Brazil nuts which were a killer to break when we only had pumps on :evil:
Also used the slipper baths sometimes.....I didn,t like them at all.

Sheelagh :D
degs69

Hi sheelagh it that what they called the baths were u went for a wash then, I did get on the roof once I didn't hav a clue what it was it was mysterious when ur a kid ha