The Teapot Murders

Your place to talk about your Bootle memories

Re: The Teapot Murders

Postby Sardonicus » Mon Feb 13, 2017 8:20 pm

Hi,

I stumbled upon this site while looking for information on the infamous "Teapot Murders" on Lyons Street. What little info I have been able to find online about them appears to be vague & contradictory.

Some posters in this thread mentioned the murders being reported in the local press at the time. I assume this was sometime between 1905 & 1910, when Lyons Street was re-named to Beresford Street?

Would anyone be able to help me by pointing me in the right direction to do some research into this myself in the local newspaper archives? Which local papers would be the best place to look at - Bootle Times, Liverpool Mercury, Liverpool Echo etc?

I see also that somebody mentioned the town hall meeting minutes may be useful to provide info from around 1909 when Lyons Street's name was changed. Is this information freely available in the public domain now with it being over 100 years old? Again, if anyone can point me in the right direction to find the info it would be much appreciated.

I am a writer in my spare time & was thinking of writing a story set around this area during the time period of the Teapot Murders, but it's been difficult to know where to start. If anyone can help in any way, that would be great! :D
Sardonicus

Re: The Teapot Murders

Postby filsgreen » Mon Feb 13, 2017 9:29 pm

I can't help you with any information, Sardonic, welcome to the forum though :)
filsgreen

Previous

Return to Talk about the History of Bootle here