Your place to talk about your Bootle memories
Betty

Author Topic
Betty
Advanced Member

New Zealand
124 Posts
Posted - 06 Mar 2006 : 22:18:44
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Is there anyone else out there old enough to remember getting a gift food parcel from Canada distributed thru Bootle schools? It was either towards the end of or just after the war. We were told they came from Canadian school children. I received one & was so excited carrying it home. It contained tinned milk & food such as spam and candy - all with 'foreign' Canadian or American labels. I also recall our school receiving a gift of chocolate drink powder from Canada and we were all told to bring a jamjar to school the next day for our share. As size wasn't mentioned I took along a 2 pound jar and was quite put out when it was only half filled

sheila
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
33 Posts
Posted - 06 Mar 2006 : 23:14:24
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betty
that's the wierdest thing ever .... last night i was telling my son and daughter in law about the drinking chocolate but i said it was from the yanks (at 5 years old they were all the same to me)
Sheila

Betty
Advanced Member

New Zealand
124 Posts
Posted - 07 Mar 2006 : 00:26:22

I suppose you weren't such a glutton as me and took along a one pound jar as did everyone else in my class
It could have been from America - memories play tricks and I may have thought it came from same country as the parcels.

quote:
Originally posted by sheila

Betty
that's the wierdest thing ever .... last night i was telling my son and daughter in law about the drinking chocolate but i said it was from the yanks (at 5 years old they were all the same to me)
Sheila