School class pictures

Your place to talk about your Bootle memories
everliver

Remember class pictures outside in the school yard

.ImageImage
bboardman

Hi everliver--Are both those pics of St Mary's school in Irlam Rd and do you know what year[s] they were taken?---Billy
everliver

Yes both pictures from St Mary's Billy. l put them on just to start things off on this post could be late 50s or early 60s on the first one, second one :?: :?:

Regards Bobby
efc46

great photos billy /davey
Davey Rowlands Bootle
everliver

Davey got some more mate
Regards Bob
Shelagh

Lovely pictures of St Mary's school children..thanks Bob :)
Maureeng

Love the photo's everliver, I recognise two girls that were in my class at Balliol Road School in the late 50's, from the top photo, 7th from the left top row is Lottie Thomas, we are still friends today and bottom row sitting down from the left 5th along is Mary Crellin, now deceased, Mary grew up living next door to my husband Peter. :) :)
EdMcDonald

Maureeng wrote:Love the photo's everliver, I recognise two girls that were in my class at Balliol Road School in the late 50's, from the top photo, 7th from the left top row is Lottie Thomas, we are still friends today and bottom row sitting down from the left 5th along is Mary Crellin, now deceased, Mary grew up living next door to my husband Peter. :) :)
Jeez. Here's me looking at your photo, and thinking your in the late forties at the most. :wink: :wink:
Home of the "Edmonton Oilers" Future Stanley Cup Champions. :D
A long way from Duncan B.C. :wink:
Maureeng

Haha Ed, I am the same age as your wife Margaret, we were in the same class at school, if I put a photo of me now it would traumatise you. :wink:
everliver

Great to see people posting l will put more pictures on soon.

Maureeng Lottie Thomas do you remember Flo Lottie's friend l have a picture of them and others.

Also, can you name any other people in the picture?.it would be great

Maureeng this is history to me. :D :D

Regards Bobby
bboardman

Hi Bobby--I,ve just r/c a message from you re Ray Mears,I'm sure he's ok but i'll try and ring him tonight just to make sure and i'll p/m you.
Re your St Mary's photos,on your first pic the teacher i'm sure was Mr Rigby.He was a great teacher and taught us in almost everything,from English,Maths,History and sports--Billy
Maureeng

[quote="everliver"]Great to see people posting l will put more pictures on soon.

Maureeng Lottie Thomas do you remember Flo Lottie's friend l have a picture of them and others.

Also, can you name any other people in the picture?.it would be great

Maureeng this is history to me. :D :D

Regards Bobby[/quote]
Hi everliver, I didn't go to St Mary's I went to Bedford Road so don't recognise anyone else even though I had a good look at both photo's again. :) :)
dorothy834

Hi..second picture ..boy sitting second one in on left
is it Jimmy or Billy from Bank Road?
dorothy834
bboardman

Hi Bobby---Contacted Ray Meirs and all is good for him and his family.It was neat that you were concerned and it was neat that I had to ring him to make sure he was ok as I haven't spoke to Ray since last february mainly because we've moved away 800km to a beautiful area in NZ{business wise] called the Wairarapa---Cheers Billy
EdMcDonald

bboardman wrote:Hi Bobby---Contacted Ray Meirs and all is good for him and his family.It was neat that you were concerned and it was neat that I had to ring him to make sure he was ok as I haven't spoke to Ray since last february mainly because we've moved away 800km to a beautiful area in NZ{business wise] called the Wairarapa---Cheers Billy

Can you perform the Haka. If you can please post pictures. :wink:
Home of the "Edmonton Oilers" Future Stanley Cup Champions. :D
A long way from Duncan B.C. :wink:
everliver

Thanks, Billy Glad to hear he's o.k and his family.

Just looked on the internet at where you have moved to looks nice.

Regards Bobby
bboardman

Hi Bobby--I don't want to rave on how Beautiful NZ is but------it is, unbelievable---Billy
bboardman

Hiya Ed---Can I perform the Haka?---i'm a natural at it.Over here they call me the "Mersey Maori" I do it every night before bed--however the wife is not impressed,and we are off to the lawyers on Monday--Billy
everliver

Some more hope folks on forum can put names to faces
Maureeng

What a great photo, I don't recognise anyone though, beautiful twins in the middle of the bottom row, I love the ribbons in the girls hair, huge bows, lol, my mum used to do my hair like that. :lol:
everliver

Maureen, nice to see you like the old school pictures hope l can find some names on the picture think Flo is in this picture. :D :D :D

Will send it to her.

Regards Bob
everliver

Someone must know someone in the picture
sheila

the adult on the left was Jean McKinnon, she lived in Scott St think it was the 1st house past the labour club.
My family tree is full of nuts
Maureeng

Great photo, don't know anyone, lovely children. :)
Shelagh

Yes, like Sheila, also knew Jean McKinnon. Jean was one of the older girls in the street, her friends were, Leslie Redding, Diane Murdock, Ann Greene, Nancy Edge, Maureen ? Valerie Ward, Ann Potts, all nice girls!
McKinnons were a lovely family, Jean had an older brother, Keith, seemed to be in the army for years..always in uniform!
Older children in street would take care of the younger ones, Jean was especially kind to all the children, a lovely girl, took us everywhere, never away from the beach, Arrow park, New Brighton baths, happy days, lovely memories :)

Thanks for photos Bob :)
ab

Quote "beautiful twins in the middle of the bottom row"

They are the Cawley Twins (Alan and Arthur) from Brook Road, Alan sadly :( passed away in 2015.
The picture would have been taken about 1949/50
Glenys

Shelagh,
Leslie Redding was a good friend of mine, her parents had a greengrocers shop, thye lived behind and above. Went to B.G.S. for Girls with her - Is she still around?
Glenys
Lived Linacre Lane, Trinity Road & Knowsley Road.
Bill fawcett

The two girls with the bows in their hair, the one on the left certainly looks like my wife Margaret at St Monica's. I said immediately to her that I thought there was a photo of her on here, and she immediately pointed to the same girl. We have compared it to childhood photo of herself and it certainly looks like her, and she always had a bow in her hair.

Bill
Shelagh

Hi Glenys, sorry, don't know, haven't seen Leslie for years.
Mr Redding continued running the shop though, think they stayed until he was quite elderly, he was a lovely man, always jolly, always helpful with the customers.
The Redding's went to Cornwall every year for summer holiday's, half the family would go by train, other half by car, could never understand why at the time, must have been more practical, as it would have been a bit of a job, squeezing family and luggage into that little van of theirs :)
The school photos are a good idea, love looking at them :wink:
Glenys

Shelagh,
Do you remember Doris Shelton, she was also a friend of Lesley, she lived ether Scott Street or the next street along.
Shelagh

Glenys the name Doris Shelton, certainly rings a bell, but can't put a face to the name..have a feeling she may have lived top of Scott St, more towards Peel road. I know that Leslie had a friend called Hazel, lived in Croxteth Avenue.. not sure if they attended same school though..
Glenys, did you live close to Leslie?
Glenys

I lived top of Knowsley Road, same side as clinic.
Shelagh

Glenys, you will probably remember prefabs in park, behind your house, had a school friend who lived there, I would sometimes play around that area, school friends name was Veronica Macgrory, other children from the park prefabs, Edna Savage, Maureen Galagher Joice Soley, can't remember rest of names, but they were all close neighbours from prefabs, lovely tight little community, and the park, a great place to play :D

Still trying to remember a Doris Shelton :roll: :)
everliver

nicolas

Grey Street, 1960.