Ghosts

Your place to talk about your Bootle memories
Dawn.Rooney 46

Going down past bootle cemetery 2 weeks ago about 720am me and my friend saw a large lady dressed in what looked like victorian clothes standing in the middle of the road. I believe a lady with a pram is often seen but this had no pram. As anyone else heard or seen any other stories like this ?
Ernie Jackson. (Bunty)

Don't mention perambulator to our Henry. I think he is only interested in accumulators....but I wouldn't bet on it. :lol: :lol: :lol:
filsgreen

Welcome to the forum, Dawn. Yes; I've heard that tale as well, but for all the years I spent in Orrell, I never saw any ghosts.
marknjen

Hi Dawn,
A few bus drivers have seen this ghost too! Very early mornings on watts lane side to of cemetery, apparently the rumours I've heard were something about her husband being locked in the infectious disease hospital on Fernhill road (site of st George of England and sportscentre) and her and her baby left alone as he died in there! She apparently never got over his death and still roams the streets looking for her loved one! :shock:
Dawn.Rooney 46

It was deffo strange there was no reason she would have been standing in the middle of the road staring into thin air
shane135

Me Father and his siblings believed in Ghosts and told us kids all sorts of tales.

They sprinkled flour on the roof to catch the ghosts footprints BUT they couldn't answer how ghosts got through copper wire!!!!
dannylewis

Dawn i seen similar in the park by St Joans School when we lived in Hemans St 40 odd years ago , most dont belive you but it dose'nt matter
Arronnoon

A friend lives in fairlie crescent just off watts lane and she feels the covers being lifted of her feet, childs laughter and draws opening on there own she has also seen shadows out the corner of her eye does anyone know of any child deaths at fairlie crescent in bootle.