the docks

Your place to talk about your Bootle memories
WatsonTommy

i live in harris drive and i was going to me local the mell inn club tonight and on the sky lineline tonight was all these red lights on the horizon it was the new cranes at seaforth. i use that stupid bridge in pennington road harris by st elizabeth's club disabled persons prams and bicycles cant use it without great difficulty/ what a waste of money crossing that bridge at night it was pitch black and the night sky was clear and beautiful now cranes and red lights :|
filsgreen

It's usable Tommy, but I agree, it's not the best design. I don't know why they didn't replicate the ramp where they put steps. It looks a lot better than the old Penny Bridge though.
WatsonTommy

phil your not on a bike or wheel chair the old bridge you went straight over no problem
WatsonTommy

phil go and watch the mothers struggling with prams using that stupid bridge its ridiculous up and down them stairs or going round and round the little path to get up and down disabled people cant use it
filsgreen

Hi Tommy. I would not have commented if I had not experienced using the bridge with a push bike. As it happened my bike was electric and weighed 65 lb, it wasn't the best experience, but it was usable. This was the bike.

WatsonTommy

well phil a couple of people have slipped on the ice on that bridge broken legs and arms, lately, check it out phil i was going across the bridge one night and a drunken big girl with a bottle of vodka came towards me so i had a choice do i block her passage or toss me self off what a choice by the way phil im 73 and havent got a leccy bike pedal power only like/ to meet you for a pint phill mate i still have sex at 73 but i live in no 35 :D
filsgreen

Hi Tommy. Ice on the bridge is not the fault of bridge design, it's the Council's fault for not gritting. I got rid of the electric bike as I might as well have had a moped. I've gone back to a bike that weighs eleven pounds, what a difference.

You must know Tom Maloney? He's my mate's dad who lives on the other side to you. I'll certainly have a bevy with you in the Bellie's; I'm in there for the last few on most Saturday nights.
WatsonTommy

know tommy and peter very well in t/a with them he drinks in the belamines and also the mell in with leccy mick moran saturday night....that bridge again after a down fall winter or summer its very slippy and yes its the councils fault for for using recycled material like plastic etc