the lither land town hall

Your place to talk about your Bootle memories
WatsonTommy

does anyone remember the the Beatles playing in the in the lither land town hall and cilia black was the coat room attendant
Eddy Lloyd

They did play at the Lithy but can't remember Cilla
Matt

I remember Cilla White being the part time cloakroom attendant at the Cavern but
never at the Litherland Town Hall.She had a "soft spot" for my mate who used to sing
sometimes at the Mardi Gras.
Matt
henry

TOMMY
Cilla never worked in Litherland
town hall
HENRY BORN FLORIDA STREET OFF STRAND ROAD
WatsonTommy

she was the cloakroom attendant only when the Beatles played there on Thursday night also the Beatles were at the bottom of the advertising poster the silver beetles Joe brown and the brothers also played there wish I kept that poster
JOE21

remember kingsize taylor on the lithy, blair hall and orrell park ballroom where good venues, those where the days joe21
WatsonTommy

Jerry and the pacemakers the Dakotas the Dennisons king size tailor the undertakers played at the litherland the aintree institute orrell park ball blare hall st johns barriol road some of the bands i remember cilla had buck teeth and went around with some of these groups yes she worked in the cavern most of the time you could only buy soft drinks in them functions Henry she definitely use to take our coats and give you a raffle ticket receipt I was there and remember it well Gerry of the pacemakers snitched on me and my cousin peddler tanner f or trying to pinch a bottle of pop and we were kicked we got back in by helping one of the bands to carry there speakers in
henry

Tommy I wouldn't argue with you over the cilla in litherland town hall as I thought the Beatles were crap and seen them on st.johns and they were awful and for me it was the big3 and the undertakers were the best
WatsonTommy

had a mate who won a dancing competition in st johns by the town hall and Paul McCartney gave him a fiver I remember rory storm kicking cilla off the stage in the orrell park she was trying to sing
WatsonTommy

Henry they always brought a coffin on there show thus the mundertakers
efc46

I remember a night we were all at the Iron Door the MC announced the Searchers were number 1 with Sweets for my sweet When we were walking past Bankhall (toward the lane) a copper was walking towards Kevin Riley said the last to stop singing (the High Part Sweets for my sweet ) gets a kick up the arse off the other 4 The copper grabbed Kevin (wrong move) ##** a paddy wagon appeared (as always) Kevin was locked up The magistrate said what is happening in Liverpool at the moment is Amazing the police man should have kept walking HE DIDNT Five pound Fine We all give Kevin a Pound each one of us/ Davey
Davey Rowlands Bootle
WatsonTommy

achie Riley dock nickname/ the father of the Rileys lived in Salisbury road next door to dalbys rag yard opposite the solly pub use to go boxing with terry Kevin Brian was the elder he taught us boxing last time I Had a drink with Kevin was in the park side he was badly beaten up by a gang of toerags which constituted to a early death R.I.P KEVEN him and our Richie were were two of many marsh lane scallies they never burgled anyone's homes if you came out of a pub in Liverpool the wine lodge etc and had a limp the the cops would throw you in a land rover straight to cheap side and you find for for drunk and disorderly if us oldies now got a no win no fee solicitors today Liverpool council would be bankrupt it was total police corruption
bambi

remember the litherland town hall wathing the crying shames singing please stay dont go,amazing times..
keep youre hat on,slap on the sun cream...you know it makes sense......
Eddy Lloyd

Please stay is my party piece :)
Invicta

Eddy Lloyd wrote:Please stay is my party piece :)
Somewhere on here there is a recording of you doing so Eddy. One of my faves too. :D Ken
Eddy Lloyd

Yes I remember putting it on Ken :)
ALAMO2008

WatsonTommy wrote:she was the cloakroom attendant only when the Beatles played there on Thursday night also the Beatles were at the bottom of the advertising poster the silver beetles Joe brown and the brothers also played there wish I kept that poster

Photo taken on wall down Bridge Rd on left just before Seaforth/Litherland Railway Station
bob. b

Fantastic great picture Regards Bob. b :D :D
bob. b

My Brother was for a short time backing drummer for Gerry and the pacemakers :D :D :D
efc46

Those were the days/Davey
Davey Rowlands Bootle
henry

bob. b wrote:My Brother was for a short time backing drummer for Gerry and the pacemakers :D :D :D
Was he with the Pacemakers or The Mars Bars