Berry Street prefabs

Your place to talk about your Bootle memories
Glenys

I am trying to find out exactly when the prefabs were built in Berry Street - Coffee House bridge end.
All help appreciated gang :D
Lived Linacre Lane, Trinity Road & Knowsley Road.
maureen howell

:) :) Hi Glenys
I seem to have a memory of pre-fabs at the end of Oriel Road that led on to the corner of Coffee House Bridge.Are these the ones?
Take Care
Maureen
maureen howell
Bootlelass-expat

I had family that lived in a prefab in Berry St. When you went under railway lines from Oriel Rd into Berry St you took a right to go to their prefab. I will try and get info for you as soon as I can - I think that is the area you are asking about.
bob. b

When you came out of the station and turned right into berry street there were houses the prefabs started by the side road that lead into canal street they where on both sides on the road. They where built just after the war because the houses had been bombed. Will look for some picture
fatboyjoe90

I had a uncle who lived in the prefabs in canal street.
Cheers Joe.
Glenys

I'm trying to find out this info for a friend who lived in these prefabs in the 1940's; I will contact him again and ask if he remembers the number!
Elaine Goulding

I had a school friend Valerie Williams who lived in one of those prefabs. Sorry I have no idea when they were built.
Elaine

Bianca Street, Bootle - moved to Canada 1982
Bootlelass-expat

Hello Glenys

I have managed to speak to my cousin who lived in one of those prefabs. He said that his family moved into 122 in 1953 (he was a young child) and he doesnt know for sure if they were brand new or if someone had lived there prior to his family, The prefabs on even side backed onto railway line No's 120 to 132. On the oposite side - odd numbers - there were 6 prefabs. He remembers the names of all the people that lived there, his best friend lived in 123. The prefabs were emptied and pulled down in 1968.

Hope this helps your friend. Sorry I couldn't get exact date that were built - it is obviously sometime between 1946 - 1953.

My memory of them is that 120 had chickens and 124 had turkeys in the back gardens.

Doreen

Doreen
Glenys

Thanks Doreen,
Lovely bit of info re what the people in No. 120 and 124 kept in their back gardens!!!
Thanks,
Glenys
Maureeng

I had a friend called Lottie Thomas who lived in the prefabs on Berry Street, can't remember when they were pulled down though. :)