WW1 IN LITHERLAND EXHIBITION

Your place to talk about your Bootle memories
42aitch

Hi everyone, just to let you know that Litherland History Society will be holding an exhibition in The Pavilion in Hatton Hill Park, Litherland on Friday and Saturday 26th and 27th September. It will be opened by His Worship the Mayor of Sefton at 10.30am on Friday.

The opening times on both days are 10.30 to 3.30pm. We have a lot of things to see and I am sure that you will find it interesting.

Eileen
Litherland girl with Bootle parents.
BOBHAMO

Will you let us bootle bucks attend Eileen :D :D :D
sure Peter and myself will attend
bobhamo
bootle born altcar road
fatboyjoe90

Thanks for that Eileen :wink:
Cheers Joe.
lily8

Sadly Eileen the buses don't run that far from my place would love to attend, you all do so much great work on the service people, I hope it will be a brilliant couple of days.
Lily
42aitch

Thanks for that Bob look forward to seeing you and Peter, I have seen Dave O and he is also coming.

For any of the other Bootle Bucks the park is easily accessible by getting the 144 or 145 from the back of the Strand and getting off at Hatton Hill or Field Lane depending on which bus you get, or the 52 or 55 and get off at Hawthorne Road past Tesco's and walk up.

Lily I am sorry I can't arrange a bus for the Oz members, wish I could.

I have spent weeks getting this ready but it is looking great so hope to get a good response. I have been volunteering at the WW1 museum in the Strand (Bottom floor just past Wilkinsons open Thurs-Sat 11-4pm till November) and over 100 of my flyers have been taken so it looks promising.

Regards
Eileen
Litherland girl with Bootle parents.
jeanmc

Hi
Ive not been on this site for ages, but looking for WW1 info as Grandad Robert McMillan was in the 1/7 Kings and the family legend says that he and others who were brought home injured 1915 -1918 ?? refused to return unless they were to be with their pals and for a week or so were put in Walton Gaol. We think the Gaol records were damaged and theres no mention of this "mutiny" in any official books we`ve had a look at. Has anyone else heard this sort of tale or know where we can look to find out if its actually true or not ??? Thanks very much for any help
Jean Mc