Your place to talk about your Bootle memories
Mack
Site Admin

Author Topic
historybootle
Bootle Admin

198 Posts
Posted - 27 Feb 2006 : 22:38:17
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hiya

Been out + about with the camera again today + got more shots of Bootle. Below is the list of the streets + stuff...

Welcome to Bootle signpost
Litherland Road
The Jawbone
Park St
Well Lane
Bootle YMCA
Hawthorne Road
Merton Road
Balliol Road
Oriel Road
Derby Road
The Talbot
Church Gardens
Forge Street
Stanley Road
The Commodore
The Pitch Pine

weblink >>> http://www.bootlehistory.com/photos/boo ... /index.htm

Mack

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
www.bootlehistory.com

Betty
Advanced Member

New Zealand
124 Posts
Posted - 28 Feb 2006 : 20:09:07

More great photos, thanks Mack
But tell me - where exactly is the Bootle Sign Post exactly? I guess its on Stanley Rd but I've looked at photo and can't figure out where.

quote:
Originally posted by historybootle

Hiya

Been out + about with the camera again today + got more shots of Bootle. Below is the list of the streets + stuff...

Welcome to Bootle signpost
Litherland Road
The Jawbone
Park St
Well Lane
Bootle YMCA
Hawthorne Road
Merton Road
Balliol Road
Oriel Road
Derby Road
The Talbot
Church Gardens
Forge Street
Stanley Road
The Commodore
The Pitch Pine

weblink >>> http://www.bootlehistory.com/photos/boo ... /index.htm

Mack

historybootle
Bootle Admin

198 Posts
Posted - 28 Feb 2006 : 20:15:48

Hi Betty

The Bootle signpost is on Stanley Road. The shot was taken facing towards the Strand which is about a 1/4 of a mile away in the distance.

Where the van is parked on the right of the road the 2nd street after it is Bedford Road (blue shop on corner).

http://www.bootlehistory.com/photos/boo ... CF0408.htm

Hope this helps.

Mack

www.bootlehistory.com

Jan
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
110 Posts
Posted - 28 Feb 2006 : 20:53:39

Hi Betty,

The sign is on the corner of Orlando Street, in the pic, there is a chap on a bike, so to his left is Orlando Street. Hope that helps.

Jan

Jan
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
110 Posts
Posted - 28 Feb 2006 : 21:05:21

Mack,

I will be out with the camera again this week, they have started knocking down the houses in Queens Road, from the corner of Keble Road to Corner of Wadham Road, bottom half, there is a pic on this site of that block of houses, I think it is the one with the sun just peeping over the roofs. I didn't have time today to run to the bottom of the street, but I could see the demolition in progress from my outside house.

Jan

Betty
Advanced Member

New Zealand
124 Posts
Posted - 28 Feb 2006 : 21:10:11

Ah, now I see where it is - that would have been the old boundry of Bootle & Kirkdale.
Thanks Jan & Mack

quote:
Originally posted by Jan

Hi Betty,

The sign is on the corner of Orlando Street, in the pic, there is a chap on a bike, so to his left is Orlando Street. Hope that helps.

Jan