Pub, Derby Rd., Bootle

Your place to talk about your Bootle memories
BOBHAMO

Hi Jas and welcome there are a good few members on this site who drunk there :D :D
and played darts , must have been there myself many times a good pub
with some great lads
bobhamo
bootle born altcar road
lynne99

Very clever photo management. Thanks
PETER CRAIG

Jas wrote:The pub referred to on the other site was called The Knowsley Arms and was on the corner of William Henry Street before they widened the road. It was known locally as the blue house.

I was born there on 10 October 1961 as my parents, Frank & Margaret Oakes, managed it for a short time. Unfortunately that is all I know. I don't even have a photograph myself but I remember driving past it a few times.
Welcome to the Bootle form Jas,
Peter.
jmoorcroft

I think the old Irish club was above a bike shop (maybe) just before the entrance of Harland and Wolfe, Derby Road end. Jim
jmoorcroft
john j connell

Jim, Bobhamo put a before and after picture of Geneva Motors on the site many years ago, (they sold scooters and motorbikes) a sign for the Bootle Irish National club was exposed at the side of the building in Effingham St. I am fairly certain that a photograph of the sign exists somewhere. JJC. ps, tell our Christie that i was asking after him.
Dan

The now defunct Bootle Irish National Club, 256-260 Derby Road on the corner of Howe Street.

The picture with the For Sale sign was taken May 2014.