st james school

Your place to talk about your Bootle memories

Postby smoked out » Thu Sep 30, 2010 8:47 pm

MARTIN COUGHLAN SAT BY ME IN CLASS AND HE HAS ACCESS TO A CLASS PHOTO AND I AM SICK AND TIRED BEGGING HIM TO GET IT POSTED ON HERE , SO IF HIS DAUGHTER SEE,S THIS POST WILL SHE PLEASE GIVE HIM A GOOD SHAKE AND FIND OUT WHERE THIS PIC IS.
smoked out

Postby vinny » Fri Oct 01, 2010 8:04 am

Most of the Class pictures where given to a local historian according to the New School i think i know who but hes not to good a Moment also attended the jimmies infants 1965 to 1970
Blair Street ..Marsh Lane..Bootle Village..Now Brighton-le-Sands (Waterloo)
vinny

St James's Pic' 1947 . .

Postby davybaby » Fri Oct 01, 2010 3:21 pm

My Infants Class 1947, boys I can remember (Sorry Girls!) Front row left to right Anthony Kerr, Tommy Crilly, Bernard Cain, Joseph Bunclark, yours truly second from the end, Second row, James McKeown, Michael Gardner ? Peter Ferguson ? Back Row, Danny Mckevitt, Brian Collins, Kenny Welsh.
A copy of a copy, can't find the original!

Last edited by davybaby on Mon Oct 04, 2010 3:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
davybaby

Postby vinny » Fri Oct 01, 2010 4:16 pm

Great pic is J Bunclark an relation to the Bunclarks who had a coal yard :?:
Blair Street ..Marsh Lane..Bootle Village..Now Brighton-le-Sands (Waterloo)
vinny

Re: st james school

Postby n3ttl3 » Fri Oct 01, 2010 4:34 pm

sal wrote:Hello eveyone.
My Mother born 1910 went to st James school she told me many tales about Sister Gertrude and another teacher who didn't like my Mums surname Carey. Each time she marked her exersise book she would fling it over her shoulder shouting Carey the informer. Mum never really new who the informer was she was referring to.

Hey Sal
I'm a Carey too (although not a traitor). You said your Mum's name is Frances, who are your grandparents? I'm doing my family tree and having a mare of a time with the Carey's!
All the best
Annette :)
Always a Carey, Never a Traitor!
n3ttl3

Postby davybaby » Fri Oct 01, 2010 7:37 pm

vinny wrote:Great pic is J Bunclark an relation to the Bunclarks who had a coal yard :?:

Yes . .
davybaby

Postby pat cunningham » Fri Oct 01, 2010 9:08 pm

mozzele wrote:My Mother mary molloy (wells) went to st james
hi there whose class was your mum in at st james ,pat
pat cunningham

st jamses

Postby bernie johno » Mon Oct 04, 2010 12:36 pm

Image i think this was taken in the 30s
hood st ,norton st, spenser st ,
bernie johno

Postby CathieB » Sun Nov 07, 2010 3:24 am

I was back in Bootle in September and October because my father, Phil Murphy, died. Learned then that all of his family and my mother's family went to St James School in Chestnut Grove. They were all born in the 1930s. Names:

Father's family, the Murphys, Derby Road
Philip
Billy
Danny
Tommy (later a Bootle Councillor)
Mary
Jimmy

Mother's family - The Edwards, Bala Street
Catherine (Kitty)
Margaret
Terry
Matty
Peter
Susan

I'm trying to create my family tree - anyone know any of my family members listed above? Anyone here related to any of them?
Cathie Black (nee Murphy), formerly of Menai Road, Bootle, now in North Carolina, USA

www.fredcat.net
CathieB

Re: St James's Pic' 1947 . .

Postby OurPhil » Thu Nov 11, 2010 2:57 pm

davybaby wrote:My Infants Class 1947, boys I can remember (Sorry Girls!) Front row left to right Anthony Kerr, Tommy Crilly, Bernard Cain, Joseph Bunclark, yours truly second from the end, Second row, James McKeown, Michael Gardner ? Peter Ferguson ? Back Row, Danny Mckevitt, Brian Collins, Kenny Welsh.

Did Danny Mckevitt have a brother called Francis?
" Open wide your sails, let them be filled with the Winds from Heaven. "
OurPhil

Postby fionaharrison » Sat Nov 13, 2010 10:18 pm

My family all went to St James's too, my dad was James Leslie Harrison born 39. If anyone knows him or has any photos or stories I would be interested in hearing them. Always good to know what your parent's school days were like. :twisted:
fionaharrison

Ugliest dogs

Postby shutterbug » Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:32 pm

Kathy John Moorcroft wrote:
pctdetec wrote:never made it to 9 o clock mass so I only remember Tom O connor he did the Eleven o clock I think Father Kennedy was the parish priest he had two of the ugliest dogs I have ever seen
Yeah mate! I can remember father Kennedy and Father O`Sullivan, those dogs were `Boxers` they sometimes used to get loose in `Chestnut Grove`the fattest ugliest one (Dog that is) was called `Bobby`(forget the other ones name),(their gob`s always looked as if they had been chasing parked-cars, can remember we could `have a good laugh with the priests though, when it snowed in winter they`d pelt us with snowballs from the churchyard,over the railings of our playground , almost opposite,and we would return the favour, with interest. John

The ugliest dogs were probably nuns. I was at Sy. James from when I was 5 years old. The nuns were bitches of the first order. The priests were bar-stuards. Sister Helena was one I remember in particular. She was a cow. Funnily enough, I loved school I just hated the clergy.
Still do
David
shutterbug

Re: St James's Pic' 1947 . .

Postby mckcro » Wed Nov 08, 2017 12:08 am

OurPhil wrote:
davybaby wrote:My Infants Class 1947, boys I can remember (Sorry Girls!) Front row left to right Anthony Kerr, Tommy Crilly, Bernard Cain, Joseph Bunclark, yours truly second from the end, Second row, James McKeown, Michael Gardner ? Peter Ferguson ? Back Row, Danny Mckevitt, Brian Collins, Kenny Welsh.

Did Danny Mckevitt have a brother called Francis?

to your question, yes danny mckevitt has several brothers one of which is called francis who just happened to be my dad. sam
mckcro

Re: st james school

Postby Pkegs » Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:01 pm

YES I have info on this school and pics at my facebook page MERSEYSIDE SCHOOL DAYS

dj wrote:hi to you all

does anyone remember st james school?or have a photo of it?that would be great.

also looking for photos of holywell st,rhyl st
any help would be really apprciated
dj
Pamsy (Joined: 21 Jul 2006)

Keegan, Hayward, Rigg, Carruthers, Mee, Hough

Born and bred in Bootle
Pkegs

Previous

Return to Talk about the History of Bootle here